N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2016, 08:10 PM

I don't know what the velos tune is. Flash or piggyback system?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#127)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335xi
Default 08-21-2016, 09:42 PM

Velos is a Flash

---------------
Speed Is Life
(#128)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2016, 09:55 PM

Then JB4 should work just fine in conjunction with it. Once installed log map4 and we can evaluate what settings are needed.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#129)
Old

Car: BMW X6M
Default 08-22-2016, 06:58 AM

Ok thanks. Anyone with an answer to the warranty question? I've had my car in for a number of items and the flash was never noticed.
(#130)
Old

Default 08-22-2016, 07:34 AM

If the dealer detects a modification to the ECU and you have an issue at all related to that, they'll likely void the warranty.

---------------
Speed Is Life
(#131)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwinds
Ok thanks. Anyone with an answer to the warranty question? I've had my car in for a number of items and the flash was never noticed.
Don't make warranty claims on modified vehicles if the modification may have caused the problem.

Burger Motorsports

(#132)
Old

Car: BMW X6M
Default 08-22-2016, 12:55 PM

Ok. It appears it would be obvious then that the car has been modified with the JB4. Would it be difficult to bring it back to stock if need be? Other than evaluating that, I'm in. Thanks, John
(#133)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2016, 01:49 PM

Pretty easy to install and remove.

Burger Motorsports

(#134)
Old

Car: e92 335i Coupe
Default 08-22-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwinds
Ok. It appears it would be obvious then that the car has been modified with the JB4. Would it be difficult to bring it back to stock if need be? Other than evaluating that, I'm in. Thanks, John
JB4 is well hidden inside the engine bay(ecu box). If you have any trouble and need to bring the car in for serious work, its a 20-30 minute un-install. I've brought my car in for small issues/maintenance many times without any issue. Ofcourse its best to find a cool service adviser(most of them are).

JB+RB=
(#135)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW X6M
Default 08-23-2016, 07:02 AM

Ordered JB4 and BCM...

I'm ready for some logging time!
(#136)
Old

Car: 08' 535i
Default 08-24-2016, 05:12 AM

Terry, what PDF or installation guide for we use?

08' 535i sport auto, jb4/mdh/xhp
10' x5m 11.72 1/4 record jb4 only
00' hayabusa turbo street bike
440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
07 SS trailblazer tuned/flex fuel
(#137)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2016, 08:19 AM

The first post has some details that are X5/X6 specific. The actual wiring is the same as the N63 JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#138)
Old

Default 08-24-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The first post has some details that are X5/X6 specific. The actual wiring is the same as the N63 JB4.
I know there are tons of applications for the JB4, but it'd be nice to have a one stop location with full docs for each car: Installation instructions, configuration information, etc.

The JB4 install instructions for my prior Bimmer, a 335xi, were very good. But I did have to dig a little for the configuration info on the 'net.

---------------
Speed Is Life
(#139)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2016, 10:16 AM

Each application has it's own thread with the first post having all relevant information, directions, FAQ, and firmware/settings. We fill it in as time allows.

Considering the low volume for this specific model the installation materials are not going to be as comprehensive as the other applications. At least not right away. But let me know what extra info you guys need and we'll start filling it in.

Burger Motorsports

(#140)
Old

Car: 08' 535i
Default 08-29-2016, 11:15 AM

Menu 2 option 1, can we make it show boost all the time instead of 50% throttle?

08' 535i sport auto, jb4/mdh/xhp
10' x5m 11.72 1/4 record jb4 only
00' hayabusa turbo street bike
440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
07 SS trailblazer tuned/flex fuel
(#141)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2016, 11:57 AM

We hard coded the way the boost gauge enables for now. But you can disable it by setting menu 2 to 0.

Burger Motorsports

(#142)
Old

Default 09-01-2016, 08:21 AM

I'm working on the install right now. The instructions elude me.

Where do the purple and green loops connect to, to the vehicle connector? There is no JB4 connector like the N63 instructions indicate, so JB4 connector pin numbers don't correspond to the vehicle in my mind.

Can someone help please?

Thanks!
(#143)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2016, 08:24 AM

The fuel loops, and BCM loops, both connect to the DME connectors. Seen this video on how the connectors come apart to insert the individual wires?

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...38&postcount=1

Burger Motorsports

(#144)
Old

Default 09-01-2016, 08:48 AM

perfect, that post got hit with 404 file not found last night...I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Shane
(#145)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2016, 08:55 AM

Yes just fixed that. We're slowly working on improving the materials here. I think we have some photos here too from the N63 JB4 which is the same basic install as this S63 unit other than the CANbus wires: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...92&postcount=3

Burger Motorsports

(#146)
Old

Default 09-02-2016, 08:34 AM

Instructions worked great, easy to follow and hooked it all up.

When I started the vehicle, I get the engine malfunction, reduced power light. With my icarly, I got solenoid and fuel pressure sensor malfunctions. The steering wheel controls don't work (I have two sets of red/blue wires to tap into, tried both sets twice)

I double/triple checked the wires now, no difference in performance. It seems like the JB4 isn't turning on or getting power (tried switching power source twice, noid light says 12v source is hot)

Suggestions? The X6 has to run today.

Thank you,

Shane
(#147)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2016, 08:39 AM

First step would be to email in installation photos to tech support.

Burger Motorsports

(#148)
Old

Car: 2012 335i (F30) 2012 X5M(E70)
Default 09-03-2016, 05:07 PM

Currently having an issue with the truck being in limp mode after install. There are two sets of instructions for the black brown purple and green wires for the BCM and FF wires. One set of instructions has the wires aligned as Black JB4 wire to Grey connector slot 40, Brown JB4 wire to Black connector slot 49, Purple JB4 to Black connector slot 45 and finally the Green JB4 wire into Grey connector slot 44. I am confused with this because the PDF on the site has it listed this way but the "Living document" says that the Brown JB4 wire to Black connector slot 17 and the Black JB4 wire to Grey connector slot 6. If we could clear it up, that would be great. Thanks.
(#149)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2016, 05:17 PM

There are fuel wires and BCM wires. Installation is per the guide: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...92&postcount=3

If there are other JB4 directions out there (not obsoleted stage2 directions) let me know where they are so we can delete/fix them... Nothing on the JB4 goes to gray#40 or black#49. That was the old Stage2 system.

Burger Motorsports

(#150)
Old

Default 09-03-2016, 05:54 PM

Probably my issue too.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...38&postcount=1

PDF after the pics, I did the exact same thing.