N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Exclamation Jb4 problem - 11-13-2017, 05:53 PM

Yesterday night I heard a weird noise coming from the board itself. It was a continuous beeping sound. I tried disconnecting it and plugging back in but that didnít stop it. Today I started my car and got the engine malfunction light. Put in map 0 restarted and same problem. I got 3 codes p0238 p0108 p007d. Maybe you can help me out. Definilty think the board is defective.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-13-2017, 09:45 PM

Never heard of a noise coming from the board, got a picture of the board? Any signs of damage?

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-14-2017, 04:58 PM

No damage. Website will not allow me to attach picture. Keeps getting this one code (p10f2) and itís throwing me in limp mode.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2017, 05:15 PM

Then reduce the image size, we'd need that to assist you further.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 11-14-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Then reduce the image size, we'd need that to assist you further.
Here you go. I decided to take the jb4 out completely and see if the problem would occurred but it didnít. Car runs good without it. Just super slow without tune
Attached Images

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-15-2017, 08:07 AM

I don't see anything obvious with the board. I'd re-install and verify your connections are good. Maybe a bad power or ground connection?

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#7)
Old

Default 11-15-2017, 04:33 PM

Yeah I reinstalled it made sure everything was tight but problem came back after a few mins.. no going to sell it and rip someone off. Do y’all recycle these ?

Last edited by Azbmw335i; 11-16-2017 at 08:03 PM..
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 08:25 PM

The noise did?

Haven't seen a log or your settings, maybe an issue with those?

Never heard of a noise coming from the board before.

(#9)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
The noise did?

Haven't seen a log or your settings, maybe an issue with those?

Never heard of a noise coming from the board before.

Not the noise but car went in limp mode and engine malfunction again. I posted my logs in another thread. They said my logs looked good. Yeah it was a beeping noise. I opened the ecu box to verify it was from the board.. Might be defective wire who knows. Don’t really have the time to play with it much. Do they do exchanges or anything? Any kind of warranty
(#10)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i
Default 11-17-2017, 12:24 AM

While installing a new intercooler last night, I heard the same beeping coming from the location of the JB4. It seems to happen when the hood is up.

2013 BMW 335i Coupe M-Sport, BMS Intake,FTP charge pipe, JB4 Stg 2, Active Autowerke D**npipe, Rev9
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 11:33 PM

The JB4 does not have the ability to make a beeping sound...I'm not really sure what that is but doubt it is the JB4.

You can always send it in to be tested if you think it's bad.

(#12)
Old

Default Yesterday, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
The JB4 does not have the ability to make a beeping sound...I'm not really sure what that is but doubt it is the JB4.

You can always send it in to be tested if you think it's bad.

Call me crazy but I know 100% it was from the jb4 board. Technically speaking any electronic has ability to make sound... Sounds good thanks