N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2701)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2017, 04:58 PM

Map1 is the WG spring map. WG spring should be set for around 15psi. If you make more than that on map1 work on WG, spring, solenoid routing, lines, etc, to resolve.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2702)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT
Default 11-14-2017, 06:57 PM

Thank you terry. Found a solenoid wire burnt through. Also will check my wastegate routing up. My spring pressure should be about 11.6psi. Also i think i forgot to block then atmosphere ports on the wastegate. Could that be a problem also?
(#2703)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2017, 07:27 PM

Absolutely!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2704)
Old

Car: BMW E92 335i
Default 11-15-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Also for the single turbo firmware I'm working on a new safety system for monitoring timing drops and reverting to map1 if they exceed a certain number. If you have time to help log it, drop me an email.
Hey Terry

How is the testing going ? Any time soon to be released?

Thanks
(#2705)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 08:41 AM

Not gotten much feedback yet... Everyone who contacted me to test it failed to mention their cars were not running yet...

Burger Motorsports

(#2706)
Old
Tech

Car: 335is
Default 11-16-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilly
installed acf top mount single turbo kit. Single turbo bef mhd. Is map one sill safety map? Iím having over boosting problems. Shots to 21psi on pulls. Used white and green springs in the waste gates. Please let me know if you have any suggestions will try to post a log soon
I had the same problem. I also used the 11.6lb combo. After checking my wastegate lines and testing of the solenoid with no problems found. I tested wastegate springs using a pressure pump w/gauge. I found with the 11.6lb springs the valves on my wastegates don't open until 20+ psi. I installed the black spring (8.7lb) and found they open at 13~psi using my pressure pump.

After doing some logs in map 1 with black springs installed I was staying right around 13 psi boost pressure under WOT. Problem solved! Hope this helps Twilly.

2012 335is DCT - JB4 - Fuel-it! - MHD - DOCRACE 6466
(#2707)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2017, 01:04 PM

If I had $1 for every customer who installed 15# spring but actually hit 21#... I'd have a lot of dollars. For whatever reason, the ratings are always wrong in our application.

Burger Motorsports

(#2708)
Old
Tech

Car: 335is
Default 11-17-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
If I had $1 for every customer who installed 15# spring but actually hit 21#... I'd have a lot of dollars. For whatever reason, the ratings are always wrong in our application.
Lol! Right! Something to do with N54 manifolds and back pressure?

2012 335is DCT - JB4 - Fuel-it! - MHD - DOCRACE 6466
(#2709)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2017, 09:10 PM

Must be, or maybe how the WGs are setup.

Burger Motorsports

(#2710)
Old

Car: BMW 335 E93
Default 11-18-2017, 03:04 PM

What is the best solution for o2 sensors problem for single turbo?
I searched many threads and haven’t understand if Chris adv sensors do solve the problem, or is there any better option.
(#2711)
Old

Car: 135i e82
Default 11-22-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsotos
What is the best solution for o2 sensors problem for single turbo?
I searched many threads and haven’t understand if Chris adv sensors do solve the problem, or is there any better option.

Whats the problem with o2 sensor with single turbo ?
Almost all tuners use sensor BF turbo but Why it wont work after turbo ?

I welded my own manifold and but o2 sensors to ******** .... havent try it yet but will it be problem ?
(#2712)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2017, 02:39 PM

Best bet is to run the NGK sensors and make sure they are easy to swap on your manifold, IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#2713)
Old

Car: 135i e82
Default 11-22-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Best bet is to run the NGK sensors and make sure they are easy to swap on your manifold, IMHO.
Installing o2-s to ********, So need jacking every time I need to change
(#2714)
Old

Car: BMW 335 E93
Default Yesterday, 03:25 AM

Terry which ngk sensors should someone buy?
Whar settings should be done with stock sensors and what with ngk at jb4 and mhd backen software?