N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1326)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default Yesterday, 02:50 PM

Terry any updates on the intakes?? Haven’t heard an update for a while...

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Full exhaust with d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#1327)
Old

Car: Q50 rs
Default Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Can someone please describe the danger of say 4-5 plus boost in a RS. Seems like you guys are cautious about going 5 plus on a premium or silver sport. How does better gas make it safer? I've done some research and read about knock with worse gas. Also, what kind of issue would a log show if using too much boost. Map 1 on my RS is awesome but I'm now worried about using it with 93 octane based on what over read on here.. On map 6 I've been running pretty aggressive setup. A few pages ago someone had posted about asking Terry what he recommended for a red sport and he posted the recs. I subtracted one from each number. Giving: 3, 3, 3, 3.5, 4, 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1. This seems to be a strong setup but it doesn't pull as strong as map 1. What are your thoughts on the red sport Terry. Do you think we're pushing it too hard. What are all the RS people on hear running?
(#1328)
Old

Car: Q50
Default Today, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj41
Can someone please describe the danger of say 4-5 plus boost in a RS. Seems like you guys are cautious about going 5 plus on a premium or silver sport. How does better gas make it safer? I've done some research and read about knock with worse gas. Also, what kind of issue would a log show if using too much boost. Map 1 on my RS is awesome but I'm now worried about using it with 93 octane based on what over read on here.. On map 6 I've been running pretty aggressive setup. A few pages ago someone had posted about asking Terry what he recommended for a red sport and he posted the recs. I subtracted one from each number. Giving: 3, 3, 3, 3.5, 4, 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1. This seems to be a strong setup but it doesn't pull as strong as map 1. What are your thoughts on the red sport Terry. Do you think we're pushing it too hard. What are all the RS people on hear running?
For me on my rs on 94 I prefer +3 from 1500 to 5500(I feel safer) and 6000 to 7000 +0. map1 don't feel to pull a lot stronger than my map6
(#1329)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default Today, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj41
Here's an article that offers some info on RS turbo limitations:
https://blog.stillen.com/2016/12/to-...30ddtt-turbos/
(#1330)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Default Today, 07:59 AM

drj41

I have the jb1 and have been using map 3 (+4 PSI with DSW at 30). I put in 93 since it is available around my area. I also don't want to mess around with e85 as Iam very happy with the results. I have been running this set up up around 2000 miles with no issues at all. You deff feel the low end torque as the car rips around the 2200 rpms. I also have the red sport Q60. I am very happy with the jb1.
(#1331)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSport88
drj41

I have the jb1 and have been using map 3 (+4 PSI with DSW at 30). I put in 93 since it is available around my area. I also don't want to mess around with e85 as Iam very happy with the results. I have been running this set up up around 2000 miles with no issues at all. You deff feel the low end torque as the car rips around the 2200 rpms. I also have the red sport Q60. I am very happy with the jb1.
Happy to year it! We plan to offer both the Stage1 and the JB4 concurrently as I think they each appeal to slightly different crowds.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1332)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default Today, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryViking
I apologize in advance if it's already been asked....

Has anyone used a higher octane grade of fuel in conjunction with the jb1/jb4?

100 octane and up? Any difference?
I've been running my JB1 @ +5psi on my RS400 using Cam2 100 octane. Car runs strong