N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2601)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2018, 03:29 PM

On the IAT the good news is I was able to confirm that most of you are in fact recording MAF air temperature, rather than the intended charge air temperature, in the JB4 interface. I'm not quite sure yet what the best way to fix it is, but we're working on it. Definitely hold off doing any intake temperature comparisons until resolved, lol.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2602)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 05-14-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50_Spartan
So I just upgraded my jb1 to jb4.. is there another program that I need to download.. or can I just use the program I used to adjust the boost on the jb1..

Only reason I’m asking is because I see the .hex files on the first page.. I try to download them and they can’t be read.. so idk what I’m doing wrong lol
JB4 is a different update file than the JB1 - check Ando’s post #2 and use the links in his post for your JB4.

Last edited by jrobohm; 05-14-2018 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: Typo
(#2603)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 05-14-2018, 07:31 PM

My IAT got up to 158 while idling after pushing the car hard. Anything to worry about??

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2604)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
My IAT got up to 158 while idling after pushing the car hard. Anything to worry about??
No as it's temperature at the MAF sensor. Totally normal. Going to adjust IAT to show charge temperature for ALL models next update, and I'll leave MAF IAT on another parameter in the logs so people can refer back to it for intake testing and such.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2605)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Sport
Default 05-15-2018, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It might be that your car is logging MAF temperature rather than charge air temperature. I've seen it on a couple cars. There are maybe 6 temperature channels that spit out in an array and the JB4 picks out the right one to display. The only channel we care about is charge air temperature (air temp entering engine after turbo and intercooler) and that won't change much from moment to moment. If your temperature is rising quickly when stopped and dropping quickly when moving it's the wrong parameter.
Now that makes sense. Good to hear you guys are working on a fix as well!

On a similar note, I have some questions about the intake fitment after checking it today post a 200 mile road trip. I'm particularly concerned about how far down the mounting brackets bring the BMS MAF tube. It's causing the factory inlet pipe on both pass and driver side to push up so much that the BMS MAF tubes are over seated in the factory inlets. That's causing the inlet pipe clips to expand. Anyone in particular I should reach out to for help on that?
(#2606)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-15-2018, 08:50 AM

Just email in to support if you need assistance. May need to slot the brackets so there is more adjustment room there.

Burger Motorsports

(#2607)
Old

Car: q60
Default 05-15-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
No as it's temperature at the MAF sensor. Totally normal. Going to adjust IAT to show charge temperature for ALL models next update, and I'll leave MAF IAT on another parameter in the logs so people can refer back to it for intake testing and such.
Terry this would be great! My IAT is also MAF temp, but i would LOVE to see the Charge Air Temp. looking forward to the next update!
(#2608)
Old

Car: 2017 q50 3.0t
Default Jb4 compatibility question - 05-17-2018, 05:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a 2017 q50 3.0t (not sport or red sport model). Any issue with installing the jb4 on this model?

Thank you!
(#2609)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 05-17-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50guymn
Hello everyone,

I have a 2017 q50 3.0t (not sport or red sport model). Any issue with installing the jb4 on this model?

Thank you!
There shouldnít be any issues, itís pretty much the same car and engine, Iím not exactly sure of the difference. All I know is the the sport models have the sport brakes and the premium doesnít have them

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2610)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50guymn
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
It's fully compatible!

Burger Motorsports

(#2611)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Premium
Default 05-17-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
It's fully compatible!
It may be a little less confusing for the average Joe if you narrowed down the compatability list on the Stage1/JB4 page to something like:

2016+ Q50 3.0t Sedan ALL MODELS
2017+ Q60 3.0t Coupe ALL MODELS

(#2612)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 05-18-2018, 09:13 AM

Hey Terry,

Been using JB4 for a few weeks now, I love it.

I tried searching this on the thread but didn't quite see it, so I apologize if you've answered this already:

Is there any chance we can get an update in the future for the JB4 to report HPFP/LPFP values, and also trans temp? The HPFP/LPFP would be super useful for those of us running ethanol blends.

Thanks!
(#2613)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM

Yes, working on adding a lot more logging parameters in conjunction with the charge air temp fix.

Burger Motorsports

(#2614)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, working on adding a lot more logging parameters in conjunction with the charge air temp fix.
You da bomb. Thanks! Looking forward to it... I'll try not to blow my motor before then experimenting with ethanol
(#2615)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport
Default Map 6 Duty Bias - 05-19-2018, 07:45 AM

I got a question about the Duty Bias on Map 6. I have seen some photos with that setting at zero all over the RPM band and others have numbers that ranges between 20 and 40. What's the purpose of that setting and what should be the recommended setting?

2018 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Red Sport 400
-BMS JB4 Map 6 @4psi
(#2616)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2018, 08:41 AM

For the Infinity those values are not currently used.

Burger Motorsports

(#2617)
Old

Car: Infiniti q60s
Default 05-20-2018, 09:34 PM

Hi! Any news about Heat Exchanger for Red Sport?
(#2618)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanQ60s
Hi! Any news about Heat Exchanger for Red Sport?
Yes, they fit with any model that has an oil cooler both red and silver.

Burger Motorsports

(#2619)
Old

Default 05-21-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Hey Terry,

Been using JB4 for a few weeks now, I love it.

I tried searching this on the thread but didn't quite see it, so I apologize if you've answered this already:

Is there any chance we can get an update in the future for the JB4 to report HPFP/LPFP values, and also trans temp? The HPFP/LPFP would be super useful for those of us running ethanol blends.

Thanks!
Amen - Iíve been running what I thought was an E30 blend (1:4 E85 / 93) but according to this very nice calculator I needed to up my E85 by 2 gallons to get a E30-E33 blend. Our NTX fuel has 10% ethanol at the pump in all grades and the Valero E85 has been averaging 70-75% ethanol. So my new (95 octane) tank blend is 7 gallons E85 and 13 gallons 93 with a near empty tank.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php
(#2620)
Old

Default 05-21-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Amen - Iíve been running what I thought was an E30 blend (1:4 E85 / 93) but according to this very nice calculator I needed to up my E85 by 2 gallons to get a E30-E33 blend. Our NTX fuel has 10% ethanol at the pump in all grades and the Valero E85 has been averaging 70-75% ethanol. So my new (95 octane) tank blend is 7 gallons E85 and 13 gallons 93 with a near empty tank.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php
Ouch, 70-75%? You can try HEB/Murphy Express, both of those in Houston seem to be consistent 83%, granted I've only tested one station of each, haha.

But same thing here, all our fuel is 10% ethanol at the pump in all grades. I usually do Costco 93 + HEB/Murphy Express Ethanol. Mine works out 1:4 ratio, although really I don't have a good way to check once it's in the tank.

Out of curiosity - what does the E85 value read on your jb4? Mine seems to fluctuate between 19-26.
(#2621)
Old

Default Yesterday, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Ouch, 70-75%? You can try HEB/Murphy Express, both of those in Houston seem to be consistent 83%, granted I've only tested one station of each, haha.

But same thing here, all our fuel is 10% ethanol at the pump in all grades. I usually do Costco 93 + HEB/Murphy Express Ethanol. Mine works out 1:4 ratio, although really I don't have a good way to check once it's in the tank.

Out of curiosity - what does the E85 value read on your jb4? Mine seems to fluctuate between 19-26.
I have to defer to Terry as to IF the JB4 for Infiniti currently uses / logs E85 data and if so, what does this number mean. My logs show a wide range of numbers from different runs - 28, 48, 18, etc.
(#2622)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 10:03 AM

The virtual sensor logic in the JB4 is not really enabled yet. So it's using logic from another vehicle in the firmware, and floating around. It's something we plan to refine for the Q50 though!

Burger Motorsports