N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1176)
Old
WaqasRiyami's Avatar
WaqasRiyami WaqasRiyami is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 416
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 05-08-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Scratch that, I just restarted the car and got the following codes:

121002 MAP sensor, short to ground
120408 Reduced power mode
105201 Ambient pressure sensor, value too high
Exactly what i am facing : without the 105201 Ambient pressure sensor, value too high

the MAP sensor issue is affecting so many people right now !


2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
Reply With Quote
(#1177)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 24,438
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-08-2018, 08:17 AM

Martial sent over some updated info on disabling faults, so we may finally be able to disable the under boost fault now. If you can recreate it easily and have a BEF loaded email me your BEF file and we'll see if it works.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1178)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 24,438
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-08-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Noticed this morning on my way to work, I couldn't push the pedal worth a hoot. Everytime, as I started to ease into the pedal, the car would feel as though boost was cut instantly and it would buck. Yesterday I did several pulls with logs and they were fine. Attached are logs from this morning...very strange behavior. Any insight Terry? Thanks

**also, no codes were thrown at the time
Don't see anything out of the ordinary in the log.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1179)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 24,438
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-08-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siim138
Thanks! And then I just sum up them? Like when ja want bit 0 and bit 2 to be active, then it is 1 +4= FUD 5? Or 1 and 4 just forms as FUD 14?
Sorry for my n00b-ness

EDIT: Googled it and found that the sample 1+4=5 is a right way

So my F10 535i ISO + BEF (pwg1) correct FUD nr is:
Bit1 = 2; Bit2= 4; Bit6 = 64
Effective Value = 70, so 70, I soon will try that out and hopefully no issues anymore!
If using JB4 mobile there are slider options by bit, if windows there are buttons per bit, so no math is required.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1180)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 24,438
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-08-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Good morning,
I still cant solve this problem with this fault code

121002 MAP sensor, short to ground

Once a day, when i start the car i get this code & the car starts to act very very wrong it shakes alot when standing and like if it hits a wall when driving

i noticed any time this occurs the FP_H is stuck at 2

the only way to solve it now is - i have to delete the code and close the car for 5 mins then start it back .

this is a log of me driving the car with this fault code
Not had any reports of this issue nor do I know what might be wrong. Maybe something going on with your board, harness, or MAP sensor. You could throw it's connection back to stock, it's the brown plug.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1181)
Old
Marlinman's Avatar
Marlinman Marlinman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 05-08-2018, 08:22 AM

I'll have to double check the wiring on the BT, since apparently that can be done on 12v vice 5V. Also the connections. What about this ambient temp code, is it anything to worry about?

Terry I can send you my BEF file if that is what you mean. Thanks for the replies guys. Waqas, are you getting a limp mode when this happens (reduced power )


2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
Reply With Quote
(#1182)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 24,438
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-08-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
I'll have to double check the wiring on the BT, since apparently that can be done on 12v vice 5V. Also the connections. What about this ambient temp code, is it anything to worry about?

Terry I can send you my BEF file if that is what you mean. Thanks for the replies guys. Waqas, are you getting a limp mode when this happens (reduced power )
Not a code I've seen before, I''d presume it means something is physically wrong somewhere with the factory ambient pressure sensor.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1183)
Old
Marlinman's Avatar
Marlinman Marlinman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 05-08-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not a code I've seen before, I''d presume it means something is physically wrong somewhere with the factory ambient pressure sensor.
Update: I checked under the hood a minute ago and what do you know, the power wire to the JB4 was completely disconnected from its power source. I'm going to assume every code I listed was a result of this.

Terry,

I need to repair the power connector for the JB4 so I removed the entire module. Is there any harm in driving around today with the BEF still in place? I'll obviously be judicious in my driving.

Thanks all.


2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
Reply With Quote
(#1184)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 24,438
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-08-2018, 09:05 AM

No fine for putting around. Full throttle may not work well though without the JB4 on.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1185)
Old
siim138's Avatar
siim138 siim138 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: F10 535i
Default 05-08-2018, 09:11 AM

Hello guys

I report here how the things are going now with my F10 (stock turbo) and ISO 10 T13 + PWG1 BEF upgrade:

The calculated FUD number 70 didnít make nothing Ė still in certain pedal position and gear/rpm I got the low boost fault and very weak throttle response also!

At this point I definitely wanted to try MHD OTS Stage 2! So I purchased it, flashed DME and set my JB4 to Map 0 and boost connector also to stock plug. First test drive: what a car! I could not belive the smoothness of that and the smoothness of gear changes. Also the idel is so much smoother at the moment, the car doesnet make anymore some weird exhaust notes when on idele and cold engine and dosent shake as with ISO mod it did.
The ONLY and a BIG negative side is that my car feels not as powerful as before! Boost kicks not hardly in (as with JB4) and I can not belive it should be 365bhp as MHD describes. Somehow JB4 feels strong until 2500 to 5500 rpm but this MHD OTS feels in the same factory-like powerband from beginning to the redline. At least this MHD Stage 2 feels much more healty to my car (for tranny, turbo enc).

Omg I still donít now what to do Ö as Terry lastly reported we could wait for the update for BMS PWG1 BEF. Could ISO 7_T12 to be better for my car? Is it worth to try to load that ISO 7 and then ad the BEF?
When still the issues continue then Iím going to do the un-ISO mode (re-solder the diode) and then re-load the latest regular JB4 FW + flash with BEF and let it be so! This setup was driven by me some weeks before the ISO mode and it was 99% perfect! The only downside was that sometimes at higher speeds (flat out) I got the drive train error low boost) but no reduced mode!


2011 F10 535i M-Sport PWG // Deep sea blue //
//JB4 ISO 10 T13 + BMS BEF PWG1_RACE_1c // M Performance mufflers// 3,5" cless dowpipe
Reply With Quote
(#1186)
Old
Payam @ BMS's Avatar
Payam @ BMS Payam @ BMS is offline
Moderator
 
Posts: 1,939
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: e90 335i
Default 05-08-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siim138
Hello guys

I report here how the things are going now with my F10 (stock turbo) and ISO 10 T13 + PWG1 BEF upgrade:

The calculated FUD number 70 didnít make nothing Ė still in certain pedal position and gear/rpm I got the low boost fault and very weak throttle response also!

At this point I definitely wanted to try MHD OTS Stage 2! So I purchased it, flashed DME and set my JB4 to Map 0 and boost connector also to stock plug. First test drive: what a car! I could not belive the smoothness of that and the smoothness of gear changes. Also the idel is so much smoother at the moment, the car doesnet make anymore some weird exhaust notes when on idele and cold engine and dosent shake as with ISO mod it did.
The ONLY and a BIG negative side is that my car feels not as powerful as before! Boost kicks not hardly in (as with JB4) and I can not belive it should be 365bhp as MHD describes. Somehow JB4 feels strong until 2500 to 5500 rpm but this MHD OTS feels in the same factory-like powerband from beginning to the redline. At least this MHD Stage 2 feels much more healty to my car (for tranny, turbo enc).

Omg I still donít now what to do Ö as Terry lastly reported we could wait for the update for BMS PWG1 BEF. Could ISO 7_T12 to be better for my car? Is it worth to try to load that ISO 7 and then ad the BEF?
When still the issues continue then Iím going to do the un-ISO mode (re-solder the diode) and then re-load the latest regular JB4 FW + flash with BEF and let it be so! This setup was driven by me some weeks before the ISO mode and it was 99% perfect! The only downside was that sometimes at higher speeds (flat out) I got the drive train error low boost) but no reduced mode!
Post a log with the JB4 and JB4 BEF in the support section so we can evaluate if there is an issue.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1187)
Old
WaqasRiyami's Avatar
WaqasRiyami WaqasRiyami is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 416
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 05-08-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not had any reports of this issue nor do I know what might be wrong. Maybe something going on with your board, harness, or MAP sensor. You could throw it's connection back to stock, it's the brown plug.
I Tried a compleatly NEW JB4 - NEW Map Sensoe , New Harness .. Nothing solved this..

I am on an ISO-JB4 with a BEF - Isn't there any harm of returning the stock connection to the map sensor ??

What about the N20 Map sensor i am using ? if i reverted the connection to stock ?! should i flash the n20 option with MHD ??


2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
Reply With Quote
(#1188)
Old
siim138's Avatar
siim138 siim138 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: F10 535i
Default 05-09-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Post a log with the JB4 and JB4 BEF in the support section so we can evaluate if there is an issue.
Hey Payam

It is already been done by me: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52681

Terry also told that all values looked fine and the log has no problems. Also he told that the low boost error would be resolved in future (with MHD). I know he is working with it

Also, while MHD OTS Stage 2 map have made so far zero errors and zero problems... then it still should be ISO mode or BEF problem.
When the update of this PWG1 BEF would resolve this low boost error, then would it make also better throttle response and better smoothness as I had with regular JB4 + BEF...I can't be sure.


2011 F10 535i M-Sport PWG // Deep sea blue //
//JB4 ISO 10 T13 + BMS BEF PWG1_RACE_1c // M Performance mufflers// 3,5" cless dowpipe
Reply With Quote
(#1189)
Old
Payam @ BMS's Avatar
Payam @ BMS Payam @ BMS is offline
Moderator
 
Posts: 1,939
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: e90 335i
Default 05-09-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siim138
Hey Payam

It is already been done by me: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52681

Terry also told that all values looked fine and the log has no problems. Also he told that the low boost error would be resolved in future (with MHD). I know he is working with it

Also, while MHD OTS Stage 2 map have made so far zero errors and zero problems... then it still should be ISO mode or BEF problem.
When the update of this PWG1 BEF would resolve this low boost error, then would it make also better throttle response and better smoothness as I had with regular JB4 + BEF...I can't be sure.
I'll reply to your thread right now.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1190)
Old
neejay neejay is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 87
Join Date: Feb 2015
Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 05-09-2018, 12:15 PM

Payam could you take a look at these logs for me?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-04-24 17_30_56.csv (6.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2018-04-24 17_33_23.csv (6.9 KB, 6 views)


2011 535i M-Sport - JB4, VRSF Chargepipe, BMS Intake, Megan Supremo Exhaust
Reply With Quote
(#1191)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 24,438
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 05-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
I Tried a compleatly NEW JB4 - NEW Map Sensoe , New Harness .. Nothing solved this..

I am on an ISO-JB4 with a BEF - Isn't there any harm of returning the stock connection to the map sensor ??

What about the N20 Map sensor i am using ? if i reverted the connection to stock ?! should i flash the n20 option with MHD ??
It's not really practical to try and diagnose car specific issues in a general thread like this. If you need more specific help then email in or use the support forum.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1192)
Old
dror135's Avatar
dror135 dror135 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 301
Join Date: Mar 2015
Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 05-12-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
I Tried a compleatly NEW JB4 - NEW Map Sensoe , New Harness .. Nothing solved this..

I am on an ISO-JB4 with a BEF - Isn't there any harm of returning the stock connection to the map sensor ??

What about the N20 Map sensor i am using ? if i reverted the connection to stock ?! should i flash the n20 option with MHD ??
I also had MAP problems ...

I disconnected the connetor MAP form JB

the error code cleared ,,


m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
Reply With Quote
(#1193)
Old
WaqasRiyami's Avatar
WaqasRiyami WaqasRiyami is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 416
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 05-12-2018, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dror135
I also had MAP problems ...

I disconnected the connetor MAP form JB

the error code cleared ,,
Is it okay to disconnect the Map sensor ?? Doesn't the JB4 need it for any thing ??


2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
Reply With Quote
(#1194)
Old
dror135's Avatar
dror135 dror135 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 301
Join Date: Mar 2015
Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 05-12-2018, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Is it okay to disconnect the Map sensor ?? Doesn't the JB4 need it for any thing ??
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...=47223&page=37


m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
Reply With Quote
(#1195)
Old
Payam @ BMS's Avatar
Payam @ BMS Payam @ BMS is offline
Moderator
 
Posts: 1,939
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: e90 335i
Default 05-12-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay
Payam could you take a look at these logs for me?
Sorry, didnt see this! Post in the support section and I'll for sure reply same day.

Both logs are good couple of throttle closures, what fuel are you using? Bump it up to map 2 if you want and log it for us to go over.
Attached Images
 


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1196)
Old
neejay neejay is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 87
Join Date: Feb 2015
Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 05-14-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Sorry, didnt see this! Post in the support section and I'll for sure reply same day.

Both logs are good couple of throttle closures, what fuel are you using? Bump it up to map 2 if you want and log it for us to go over.
No problem, thanks! Upon researching, it looks as if the best way to solve throttle closures is getting a BEF? I use 93 octane and probably won't be able to go map 2, because I don't have a non-meow d/p and from what I hear, the meow ones aren't worth the money.

I plan on getting a intercooler though, then getting a MHD BEF...or would you (or anyone else) recommend a BEF before intercooler?


2011 535i M-Sport - JB4, VRSF Chargepipe, BMS Intake, Megan Supremo Exhaust
Reply With Quote
(#1197)
Old
T_H_O_M_A_S T_H_O_M_A_S is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 48
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: M135ix
Default 05-14-2018, 02:38 PM

get the IC first and then contact trebila on this forum , i'm sure he can help you with a custom BEF for your car
Reply With Quote
(#1198)
Old
Payam @ BMS's Avatar
Payam @ BMS Payam @ BMS is offline
Moderator
 
Posts: 1,939
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: e90 335i
Default 05-14-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay
No problem, thanks! Upon researching, it looks as if the best way to solve throttle closures is getting a BEF? I use 93 octane and probably won't be able to go map 2, because I don't have a non-meow d/p and from what I hear, the meow ones aren't worth the money.

I plan on getting a intercooler though, then getting a MHD BEF...or would you (or anyone else) recommend a BEF before intercooler?
BEF before intercooler for sure IMO and yes that is the best way to fight the throttle closures. Just use one of our off the shelf flashes, if you're not satisfied then move onto a custom BEF.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1199)
Old
suchtragedy's Avatar
suchtragedy suchtragedy is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 85
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2013 335i
Default 05-16-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Martial sent over some updated info on disabling faults, so we may finally be able to disable the under boost fault now. If you can recreate it easily and have a BEF loaded email me your BEF file and we'll see if it works.
Emailed log with drivetrain error captured during log + BEF file. I can reproduce the malfunction pretty easily so I won't mind testing the potential fix.


2013 335i F30 PWG | N55 JB4 ISO + MHD | Pure Stg 2 + FBO | BMS Meth kit | Fuel-It! Stg2 LPFP
Reply With Quote
(#1200)
Old
Yoandry Yoandry is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 230
Join Date: Jan 2017
Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 05-16-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchtragedy
Emailed log with drivetrain error captured during log + BEF file. I can reproduce the malfunction pretty easily so I won't mind testing the potential fix.
waiting for the fix also.


F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com