N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#976)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM

Yes it actually used to be there and I removed it, to avoid confusion. Had a customer keep leaning his car out thinking it was fine since EGT said it was.

The boost gauge where it comes in useful is if you see it going to 100% you know boost is right against the boost safety you've entered, or if it never goes up you know right away there is a blown off chargepipe or some other issue going on. Like any gauge it's just there to do a quick check if you need.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#977)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 03-30-2018, 03:11 PM

Lol yea thats not a good situation with the egr. I did wonder how it worked as i didnt know it was a percentage of target and thought it was actual psi/bar. Now i know that itll be more handy for sure.

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE
(#978)
Old

Default Drivetrain Malfunction - 04-01-2018, 09:14 PM

So anytime that I hit the throttle from 60 I get these four real fast pops out of the exhaust and then I get drivetrain malfunction and then the car goes into limp mode. If I just turn the car off and on it then clears it and the car starts riding like normal again. Iíve read the code and itís a misfire on five, but I changed the spark plugs two weeks ago.
Could someone please help me with this?
(#979)
Old

Default 04-02-2018, 12:39 AM

Sossa your best bet of help is creating a post in the bms support, help me section and if possible include a log whilstthe car is doing it as it may show.

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE
(#980)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sossa215
So anytime that I hit the throttle from 60 I get these four real fast pops out of the exhaust and then I get drivetrain malfunction and then the car goes into limp mode. If I just turn the car off and on it then clears it and the car starts riding like normal again. Iíve read the code and itís a misfire on five, but I changed the spark plugs two weeks ago.
Could someone please help me with this?
First step will be to read the fault codes on the settings page.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.