N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#776)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default Yesterday, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue

I don't have problem with people putting whatever parts in their car. It is their money and car, not mine.
Actually, it kinda seems like you DO care and are very opinionated about it.
Maybe back off the E-Thug status just a little bit.

(#777)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisPacMo
Actually, it kinda seems like you DO care and are very opinionated about it.
Maybe back off the E-Thug status just a little bit.
Nah, I still have much to learn from some of the vendors here when it comes to that. And thanks taking my quote out of context btw.

Btw isn't it funny how all the "e-thugs" are concentrated in this thread on this forum. I wonder if it has something to do with the BS info from a known BS vendor.

09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#778)
Old

Default Yesterday, 10:35 AM

I dunno. It seems like people didn't like how Doug came along and shook things up a bit. Especially certain guys.
I can tell you this. Doug is a stand up guy. I know him personally. He's the type of guy that will help you out in any way. Believe me.
Is he selling Chinese manufactured turbos. Yes. So does Borg Warner. So does VTT and the list goes on. Did he change a lot of stuff on his like bearings and thrust assembly and cold side housings and and and. Yup. Did he have working models a year ago but delayed open beta testing for a year because he wanted to have excellent reliability. Yes. Could he have built a single top mount kit. Sure but that's not the market he wants to be in.
There are some very big names in the N54 world that have been working along side Doug during development. I'm not in a position to talk about that as it's not my business but if he wasn't reputable, they wouldn't be working with him, guaranteed.

(#779)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisPacMo
I dunno. It seems like people didn't like how Doug came along and shook things up a bit. Especially certain guys.
I can tell you this. Doug is a stand up guy. I know him personally. He's the type of guy that will help you out in any way. Believe me.
Is he selling Chinese manufactured turbos. Yes. So does Borg Warner. So does VTT and the list goes on. Did he change a lot of stuff on his like bearings and thrust assembly and cold side housings and and and. Yup. Did he have working models a year ago but delayed open beta testing for a year because he wanted to have excellent reliability. Yes. Could he have built a single top mount kit. Sure but that's not the market he wants to be in.
There are some very big names in the N54 world that have been working along side Doug during development. I'm not in a position to talk about that as it's not my business but if he wasn't reputable, they wouldn't be working with him, guaranteed.
- You sound a lot like our president...

- Nothing wrong with oversea manufacturing if it is done right by an OEM, like Borg Warner, with stringent quality control. Where it is built has nothing to do with it, just look at our german built fuel pumps by siemens and continental. Do you think we should trust Doug implementing the proper quality control for these things when he is too busy posting bogus data on these forums, lol no.

- Using VTT as an exemplar model, well, lol, way to set the bar low for yourself.

09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#780)
Old

Default Yesterday, 11:19 AM

There's no reasoning with you.
You win at Troll #1 status. Congrats.

(#781)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Yesterday, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
I don't have problem with people putting whatever parts in their car. It is their money and car, not mine.
Err yea you really do. You can say otherwise all you want, itís really quite obvious that what other people do bothers you lots! In fact I think this post will bother you lots also. I anticipate your reply sweetness.

UK PTF TUNED
TD TURBO 335i