Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-27-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrzeChuj
Do you have a link? Can't find it
At the end of post #2 of this topic

09 E92 335i - GULF Version, Hot-Climate Version, Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT with Xhp stage 2 flash, JB4 - Map 3 - MHD BMS Race Flash with modified Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N drop in Filter - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" **'s - BMS Water/Meth 40/60 VP Racing M1 with 70 adder
(#11252)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Smile 05-27-2018, 02:38 PM

Ok found it thanks

e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
(#11253)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 05-27-2018, 06:03 PM

I'm trying to add jb4 to my 2014 x6 what jb4 do I need?
(#11254)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 02:56 PM

Updated firmware and a big improvement on the 2step works better then before.
But it gave me a new problem. On map 3 i get no meth flow and boost barely climbs to 8psi.
Tested in map 7 and meth flows like it should and boost is there. Did not have this issue untill i updated the firmware. Any thoughts???
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 3 5 29 18.csv (4.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv map 7 5 29 18.csv (4.0 KB, 10 views)

e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
(#11255)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2018, 02:57 PM

What is menu12 set to? Maybe needs to be higher.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11256)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 03:02 PM

1500 rpm

e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
(#11257)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 03:10 PM

Terry u r a genius. Set to 2500 and back in business. I never adjusted 10, 11 or 12 so my guess is the BMW tech I picked my car up today from recall repairs and came home and updated firware. I will check them all to make sure nothing else is changed. And once again great job on the 2step update

e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
(#11258)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2018, 03:11 PM

OK good to hear!!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11259)
Old

Car: X5
Default 05-29-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What code comes up with the CEL?
Hello Payam,
ok i went on a long road trip and of course i threw the cel when i disabled the jb4, but it didn't happen right away. I got the code reader out and it said no codes found...it was the large engine symbol, not the little one. that happened two times, no code found . but a huge code on the dash.
I just pulled off the fwy almost home and the cel comes on but this time It was in jb4 map 1, i knew it was a misfire and of course the code reader confirmed 2 codes thrown, misfire cyl 4 and again misfire cyl 4, same code twice.
so i guess I have to replace all the coils , maybe they are getting old. i had to replace one a year ago and the car was fine since.
I only have 40,500 on a 2010 535 x drive.
I am assuming the plugs are getting tired as well.
any thoughts
thanks
(#11260)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-29-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark BMW
Hello Payam,
ok i went on a long road trip and of course i threw the cel when i disabled the jb4, but it didn't happen right away. I got the code reader out and it said no codes found...it was the large engine symbol, not the little one. that happened two times, no code found . but a huge code on the dash.
I just pulled off the fwy almost home and the cel comes on but this time It was in jb4 map 1, i knew it was a misfire and of course the code reader confirmed 2 codes thrown, misfire cyl 4 and again misfire cyl 4, same code twice.
so i guess I have to replace all the coils , maybe they are getting old. i had to replace one a year ago and the car was fine since.
I only have 40,500 on a 2010 535 x drive.
I am assuming the plugs are getting tired as well.
any thoughts
thanks
Really weird that you're getting put into limp mode without any codes. To verify coils, why don't you try swapping them around from Cyl 4 to Cyl 1 and see if the problem moves with the coil.

Plugs and coils can be an issue though if you've never changed them, they become weak overtime.

Burger Motorsports

(#11261)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 06:57 PM

I agree...i wonder if a bad coil or spark plug would cause that...the limp mode..Ccould a firmware update help that, I have never done one
but never had issues either, for like 4 years

I am going to switch coils to see if the problem moves, i figured out which one was bad by doing that last time.
can you give me the cylinder order
6-1 starting at the bumper?
sorry, its been a year since I had that coil go bad, and I don't remember
thank you
(#11262)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-29-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I agree...i wonder if a bad coil or spark plug would cause that...the limp mode..Ccould a firmware update help that, I have never done one
but never had issues either, for like 4 years

I am going to switch coils to see if the problem moves, i figured out which one was bad by doing that last time.
can you give me the cylinder order
6-1 starting at the bumper?
sorry, its been a year since I had that coil go bad, and I don't remember
thank you
Yea that will be the best thing to try first and I'm sure that would be the culprit.

Front of the car is Cyl 1 and the rear is Cyl 6, I'm sure you can fill the rest in between

Burger Motorsports

(#11263)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 12:11 AM

I updated to the 32_12_T2 hex file and I noticed that my boost gauge on the JB4 app jumps to 13 psi boost for a split second. This might just be a bug but is it a problem with the file or with the install?
(#11264)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-30-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotPwned
I updated to the 32_12_T2 hex file and I noticed that my boost gauge on the JB4 app jumps to 13 psi boost for a split second. This might just be a bug but is it a problem with the file or with the install?
When does this happen? Probably just a blip, nothing to worry about.

Burger Motorsports

(#11265)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
When does this happen? Probably just a blip, nothing to worry about.
It happens every 5-10 seconds I dont always look at my gauge when im driving but when i look at it for a couple seconds it would happen.
(#11266)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 05-30-2018, 02:30 PM

After updating my jb4 firmware. My cold starts are a bit different, its not as smooth as before and sounds like valves are opening and closing. Is this because of updated firmware or something else ?
(#11267)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-30-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotPwned
It happens every 5-10 seconds I dont always look at my gauge when im driving but when i look at it for a couple seconds it would happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunchoMike
After updating my jb4 firmware. My cold starts are a bit different, its not as smooth as before and sounds like valves are opening and closing. Is this because of updated firmware or something else ?
We will look into them both. These are both after the latest firmware update correct?

Burger Motorsports

(#11268)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunchoMike
Don't see how it could be in any way related. Old firmware is always posted, for when "red herring" issues pop up.

Burger Motorsports

(#11269)
Old

Default 05-31-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Yea that will be the best thing to try first and I'm sure that would be the culprit.

Front of the car is Cyl 1 and the rear is Cyl 6, I'm sure you can fill the rest in between
ok, got the new coil in everything works great, but disabled jb4 and threw limp mode again, with no DCI installed and normal driving
any thoughts?
(#11270)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-31-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
ok, got the new coil in everything works great, but disabled jb4 and threw limp mode again, with no DCI installed and normal driving
any thoughts?
No codes with limp mode? I would check solenoids and vacuum canisters, one of them might have a broken tab.

Burger Motorsports

(#11271)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 10:36 AM

ok,
checked everything, all looks good...
strange thing this am, I started the car and it threw a cel and acted just like it was misfiring. I had to leave, came back restarted the car and it ran fine but with the cel, no codes found on my code reader...so strange

on another note, map 5 throws the car into limp mode anytime I get on the throttle, always has. so i only run map1,
any thoughts
thanks for the help
(#11272)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
ok,
checked everything, all looks good...
strange thing this am, I started the car and it threw a cel and acted just like it was misfiring. I had to leave, came back restarted the car and it ran fine but with the cel, no codes found on my code reader...so strange

on another note, map 5 throws the car into limp mode anytime I get on the throttle, always has. so i only run map1,
any thoughts
thanks for the help
Email me a log on map 1 and 5 so I can see whats up. Mods and fuel used etc

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#11273)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 06-03-2018, 09:13 AM

What is different on 32 t2 ? No notes posted on it yet?
Edit never mind saw it..

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* **, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.
(#11274)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2018, 03:48 PM

If you need tuning help post a JB4 log of the suspected issue in the support area with details.

Burger Motorsports

(#11275)
Old

Default 06-07-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Email me a log on map 1 and 5 so I can see whats up. Mods and fuel used etc

Payam@burgertuning.com
ok, so I never even got that far,
I had to leave for a funeral and right before I flew out, the cel came on again after normal driving..cylinder 4 again!
and it has a new coil too.
I actually got it home read the codes...nothing, but a small cel.
shut it off, restarted and it worked fine again for like 20 min of normal driving, cel went away by itself.
Got home from the trip 2 days later, and its all back, code P0304 misfire cylinder 4
I am going to go ahead and change out all spark plugs and the other 5 coils ..I hope this fixes it.
It's my daily , so I really kind of need it to run. especially with a 3 year old kid.
any thoughts...
I have 40,500 miles on oem plugs and coils( minus #4 coil)
2010 535 xi dinan exhaust, jb4, BMS oil catch can, 91 octane always
any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Dark BMW; 06-07-2018 at 08:27 PM..