N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1551)
Old

Car: F20 125i
Default 02-02-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
. Will revisit when the back end flash mapping tools are available.
BEF for the N20? does that mean we need to have the ECU sent for 1st time bench opening or via OBD as it has been opened....?
(#1552)
Old

Car: 2014 328xi F30
Default 02-10-2018, 10:23 AM

Any word on the EWG_6 fix? Dying to have the gauge sweep!
(#1553)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2018, 02:20 PM

Added EWG6_T4 back to the first post. Should correct that gauge sweeping issue.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1554)
Old
N20 Brazil

Car: BMW 320i F30
Send a message via ICQ to aPolleti
Default 02-10-2018, 06:21 PM

Hey Terry good Evening, today I was speaking with my tuner about the EWG cable, now that we have the OBDII connection, is the EWG cable really needed? Shouldn`t EWG be controlled directly by DME through the OBDII?

Alexandre Polleti
BMW 320i F30 + Jb4
(#1555)
Old

Default 02-10-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Added EWG6_T4 back to the first post. Should correct that gauge sweeping issue.
Terry,

Gauge sweep works great! I had no trouble as I was driving with the gauges trying to sweep again. It seems to have fixed the issue. I also tried out the oil and transmission temperatures on the jb4 app. I had no issues there and everything seems pretty accurate. Thanks for working so hard on this!

https://youtu.be/mz_RKtLgJSg
(#1556)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 03:03 PM

Awesome, glad we're back on track! Thanks for the video.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1557)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aPolleti
Hey Terry good Evening, today I was speaking with my tuner about the EWG cable, now that we have the OBDII connection, is the EWG cable really needed? Shouldn`t EWG be controlled directly by DME through the OBDII?
The EWG cable is used to offset wastegate duty cycle in applications that need it. OBDII is for the CANbus connection. So they are different things.

Burger Motorsports

(#1558)
Old

Car: BMW 228i
Default 02-22-2018, 08:48 AM

Is there any way to turn OFF the guage sweep?

I find it a bit gimmicky as in, it sweeps after the car has started. Where as all other oem sweeps are before the engine starts.

Unless you can change it to sweep before the actual engine turns on.
(#1559)
Old

Default 02-22-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfastic

I find it a bit gimmicky as in, it sweeps after the car has started. Where as all other oem sweeps are before the engine starts.

That's a good question, sir. There isn't an option via CanBUS nor in the JB Mobile App. I don't think there is a way to disable, other than reuploading the EWG_5 Firmware. That's a Terry question. LOL
(#1560)
Old

Car: F34 320i
Default 02-23-2018, 01:33 AM

It would be ideal if the sweep is being done while the car is starting up just like OEM. Speedo will go to zero while techno will return to the idling rpm. The n54 jb4 sweep seems to be able to do it.

My jb4 gauge for low pressure fuel pump seems to be not working well after the update.

Last edited by liveevil; 02-24-2018 at 09:46 PM..
(#1561)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 03-02-2018, 12:59 PM

Anyone else’s gauge sweep gets stuck? Noticed the rev needle gets stuck at the red line and then after a few seconds it moves back. Also noticed this on the speedo needle as well. They don’t get stuck together thou.
(#1562)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Disabling the BC button for wheel controls disables the startup sweep. Later we'll give it a dedicated option.

Burger Motorsports

(#1563)
Old

Car: BMW 228i
Default 03-07-2018, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Disabling the BC button for wheel controls disables the startup sweep. Later we'll give it a dedicated option.
and how does one disable the BC button?
(#1564)
Old

Default 03-07-2018, 05:58 AM

For N55 is from the FUD menu for the N20 is mystery since we dont share all those features. when i was connected via the BT the BC is disabled..
(#1565)
Old

Car: Bmw 320i F30
Default 03-08-2018, 01:51 AM

hi Terry,
i have not updated my firmware is over 2 years.
is there any need to really with a 520i install? - ie any gains/benefits? ie safer/faster/smoother etc

thanks
(#1566)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2018, 10:14 AM

The tuning is more or less unchanged. The differences are mostly with logging and features.

Burger Motorsports

(#1567)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
and how does one disable the BC button?
I'll post a firmware today with an option FutureUseD.4 to disable startup sweep.

Burger Motorsports

(#1568)
Old

Car: 320ix
Default 03-13-2018, 03:02 PM

Hi - New JB4 owner here.
I've turned on the Fuel boost gauge. Could someone please let me know what the Boost safety settings are for map 1 and map 5 so I could interpret the readings on the fuel gauge?
(#1569)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2018, 04:53 PM

Empty is no boost, and full is whatever you specify under boost safety on the user adjustment page. Default is 22psi IIRC.

Burger Motorsports

(#1570)
Old

Car: 320ix
Default 03-17-2018, 03:02 PM

Thanks Terry - Just picked up the cable for the JB4 so I’ll check what the Safety is set to. In terms of setting the Max boost per gear in the “User Settings” would this be the boost cap/limit or a subtractive value form the boost target? Thank you
(#1571)
Old

Default 03-17-2018, 06:11 PM

Terry,

Just saw the video for the air/fuel ratio gauge hijack. Is that released yet? I haven't updated to EWG _6_T5 yet.

https://youtu.be/wxChxfo21sI
(#1572)
Old

Car: 2013 328i N26
Default 03-18-2018, 12:20 PM

I purchased a JB4 recently and then found out I needed a new board so I purchased that + the OBD2 cable.

On the OBD2 cable, what does the molex connection plug into? That is the only thing I am uncertain of at the moment. Do I also have an outdated wiring harness as well or am missing another piece/cable?

My wiring cables - https://i.imgur.com/qhHrg2W.jpg

New board + obd2 cabl - https://i.imgur.com/er9Ev5F.jpg

I drive a N26 EWG 2013 328i if that helps.
(#1573)
Old

Default 03-18-2018, 10:33 PM

there is a small extension for that, which you add, ask BMS

Last edited by Herc; 03-19-2018 at 01:33 AM..
(#1574)
Old

Car: 428i
Default 03-22-2018, 04:46 PM

There are 2 hex file for n20 ewg,

N20_OBDII_EWG_6_T4.hex
N20_OBDII_EWG_6_T5.hex

What is the difference?

F32 / 428i / 2014+ewg / N26 / 93octane / all stocks / JB4mobile rev.3 on iPhone
(#1575)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2018, 06:51 PM

T5 is newer.

Burger Motorsports