N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: bmw f30 328i
Default JB4 with JB4 mobile working or not - 12-07-2017, 11:55 AM

Folks,

This seem like a stupid question, how do u tell if your jb4 is working or not. I recently reinstalled my JB4 with bluetooth module back after taking it in to service. Same time i changed my mobile phone to make things even worse.
Now tt i reinstalled it back I'm not sure if my jb4 is working, question is how can u tell???

when i connect my jb4 mobile, in my display it only displays the boost and Map. There is no reading for throttle, IAT, rpm and afr which is my standard display. I'm able to change maps and its displayed according, run codes and it shows no error. So i updated the firmware just to be sure and i still have the same issue. When i disconnect the mobile apps, i'm now unable to use the bc button to access the jb4.

So i'm really puzzled and unsure if my jb4 is working or not. Any suggestions or pointers to help me out.

Thanks in advance.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2017, 12:21 PM

If you are on map 1+ and do not get engine RPM in app, then likely OBDII cable for CANbus is not attached properly.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: bmw f30 328i
Default 12-07-2017, 12:44 PM

Thanks Terry, so its either the connector to the OBDii plug under the steering column or the connector to the jb4 harness. Got it will check it out later.

Looks like my boost and other parameters also all gone haywire from the log files.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-12-08 03_14_42.csv (64.9 KB, 6 views)