N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 12-01-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason427
That's a bummer. I was stoked to hear twin turbo 6cy thinking it was going to be a beast after tuning... Oh well...
I may have to switch out sooner than later if it doesn't go low 12's - high 11's.
Jason
it will go low 12 for sure as i did it with a different tuning box. 12.2 was the best.

I am sure with the JB we will be able to go high elevens for sure.

FBO+Meth JB4 best trap 119.4
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-04-2017, 08:40 AM

Don't have fuel control running yet, but at 4psi over stock, with 5 gallons of E85 added to 91, times are improving.

I also found it runs quicker short shifting around 6000rpm than riding it out to redline. Typical of undersized turbos.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: 997 Turbo, 135i, GT500
Default 12-04-2017, 09:33 AM

Thanks for the update? Any ballpark idea when you think we can get our hands on these?
Thanks,
Jason

18 S5 SB
15 Hellcat 900rwhp
56 Resto-mod truck
08 135i 12.31@114mph TUNE ONLY (sold)

Official Rolex Jeweler
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-04-2017, 09:40 AM

Hopefully a few weeks. Going to finalize the wiring harness later today so we can get going on that production, while I continue working on the firmware and mapping.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default 12-04-2017, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the updates!

18 S5 SB
15 Hellcat 900rwhp
56 Resto-mod truck

Official Rolex Jeweler
(#56)
Old

Car: 335
Default 12-06-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
That's a bummer. I was stoked to hear twin turbo 6cy thinking it was going to be a beast after tuning... Oh well...
I may have to switch out sooner than later if it doesn't go low 12's - high 11's.
Jason
Twin? I thought new S4 was a single and RS5 has twins.
(#57)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-07-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipit
Twin? I thought new S4 was a single and RS5 has twins.
S4 is single. Engine is shared with SQ5, S5, Porsche Panamera and new Cayenne.
RS5 is twin engine shared with new RS4, Porsche Panamera S and new Cayenne S. Sensors are shared with S4 so most likely the same unit with a different tune will be compatible to these.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2015 VW Golf 1.4TSI
2016 Audi 8V RS3
(#58)
Old

Default 12-07-2017, 08:48 AM

Yeah my bad on that comment. Shows how little research I did before buying this one. I went to dealership for something else but saw this and jumped on it. I did not imagine the tuning potential for this car would be this limited. I am hoping for the best!
Jason

18 S5 SB
15 Hellcat 900rwhp
56 Resto-mod truck

Official Rolex Jeweler
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
S4 is single. Engine is shared with SQ5, S5, Porsche Panamera and new Cayenne.
RS5 is twin engine shared with new RS4, Porsche Panamera S and new Cayenne S. Sensors are shared with S4 so most likely the same unit with a different tune will be compatible to these.
I'm hoping so!

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Car: audi q5 3.0t
Default 12-07-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah my bad on that comment. Shows how little research I did before buying this one. I went to dealership for something else but saw this and jumped on it. I did not imagine the tuning potential for this car would be this limited. I am hoping for the best!
Jason
i'm sure upgrades to a larger turbo won't be too far off, as long as there's room and that it makes sense.
(#61)
Old

Default 12-08-2017, 10:56 AM

I hope something makes sense.. LOL
I really like the car, just need it to be a decent amount faster.

18 S5 SB
15 Hellcat 900rwhp
56 Resto-mod truck

Official Rolex Jeweler
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2017, 11:04 AM

The turbo is easy to reach, so I'm sure we'll see movement on that end once the tuning is sorted.

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old

Car: audi q5 3.0t
Default 12-08-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The turbo is easy to reach, so I'm sure we'll see movement on that end once the tuning is sorted.
first b9 tuner into 10s right here (that's my guess). =D