N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 11-14-2017, 11:19 AM

Sorry but wire colors and install configuration are being changed too much for me to keep up with. I will re-check and let you know. Thanks.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, VTT GC Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !
(#27)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 12:57 AM

Steve says ; When running the blue FSB wire to pin 16 or 14, set meth scaling to 60 and it will monitor the pump current/meth flow.

Terry says ; The FSB blue wire will stay disconnected as its replaced by the PI controller signal.

Which one is correct ? Please write a definite wire connection setup for those who are running Jb4 PI controller with WMI. Pleasee..!

Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, VTT GC Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !
(#28)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 11-16-2017, 01:38 AM

I went with the Installation instructions...the Blue wire on the FSB is not used. Like you said the PI controller wire takes its place.

I wonder if Steve didnt realise you had PI and assumed you were just runing meth?

I would start create a new Post to clarify your setup and include the log in this post showing your settings

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila.
11.3@127 (https://www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk)
(#29)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 06:04 AM

I am running with meth port injection together with Jb4 PI controller and a seventh cm5 nozzle for IAT suppression.

BMS PI controller :

Purple goes to gray sub connector pin21

Yellow goes to pin 9 of JB4 DB9

White goes to pin 15 of JB4 DB25

FSB connection :

Green cable of FSB goes to solenoid

Orange cable of FSB goes to Jb4 DB25 pin 2

Red cable goes to green socket 12 v

The other red goes to meth pump 12 v

The blue cable of FSB is disconnected

Are those connections correct ?
With this shown above , I can’t see the meth signal hence I’ve been kicked to map4.

Do more with less !
(#30)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 07:48 AM

cebrailbakan I think you have a couple of issues? I run Ethanol PI, but also have a small meth nozzle, so I need the FSB to control the meth pump. If you are running 100% meth PI I dont think you even need the FSB? The Orange wire from the PI controller should run to a relay which in turn will active the meth pump? I guess this will also activate the solenoid on the CP meth line if wired in?

Directions for wiring up the new BMS JB4 Port Injection Controller:

Black connects to ground
Red connects to JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable #9
White goes to JB4 DB25 harness spot #15 (where meth blue would normally go)
Purple goes in the JB4 small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side
Orange wire is a +12v output for your second fuel pump OR WMI PUMP (if running meth port injection), it has a maximum output of around 2 amps so run it through a relay.

I still think you need to adjust the JB4 settings also see post 2 in this thread http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28478

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila.
(#31)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 07:52 AM

I tried everything. I think my FSB is broken or Smth else. FSB is a must to take advantage of meth safeties and to control the nozzle in the charge pipe which has a solenoid before the nozzle. I’m stuck and just wait for now.

Do more with less !
(#32)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 08:07 AM

Pump is working, I can hear the nozzle very well on menu 7/5. But the oil gauge needle doesn’t play at all. I think it is because the blue wire is disconnected. In fact , methanol goes to cm5 very well either. The only problem is methanol doesn’t go to the 750 cc Bosch injectors which are located in rail bar. The other problem is I don’t have anti lag chip , David said that it is necessary for PI I borrowed a new Jb4 board which has already antilag chip integrated.

Do more with less !
(#33)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 09:35 AM

Okay that is good...

So basically your injectors are not opening? I still think your wiring is good, but you have not setup the JB4 correctly? Both triggers on your setup are too low to activate meth/ open injectors? although I can't omment on the chip, I upgraded the chip as per the directions

Setup on the JB4 end:

1) For this to work the JB4 needs the latest 24k22 programming on the slave chip. Any G5 board shipped after 11/1/2015 will have this programming already. For older boards you can update it by adding the anti-lag chip on our upgrades page.
2) Ensure the JB4 has the latest firmware
3) Set fuel bias to 50 for all RPM spots. This indicates to run the JB4s default curve. From that point you can raise or lower the values by RPM to tell the JB4 to add more or less fuel based on the current tuning conditions. Note the JB4 also takes in to account gear, low fuel pressure, rate of boost gain, intake temperatures, and other factors to arrive at a final port injection output. The output value is displayed as fuel-enrich in JB4 logs.
4) Set "meth scaling" to 99. When port injection is flowing you should see a meth flow trace appear in JB4 logs that mirrors "fuel enrichment" (port injection dutycycle request). If the trace is stuck at 0 there is likely a wiring or setup issue.
5) Menu8 in dash must be set to 0, unless vehicle is manual transmission equipped with a NLS/2STEP relay.

(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 09:56 AM

Sounds like a confusing setup. No current log or photos to offer any advice.

The meth signal is not going to move on your setup.If you want to monitor pump pressure you'd have to reconnect blue to 15 and remove the PI connection (injector current).

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#35)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 09:59 AM

Hey Terry , I did what you said right now. Please see attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map3 signal.csv (20.0 KB, 4 views)

Do more with less !
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 10:08 AM

So you have a meth signal indicating pump pressure, and the fuel enrichment indicates the PI controller should be asking for more fuel. Next test is to change fuel enrichment to all 80 as a test. If you are getting more fuel, we should see trims drop compared to this log.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#37)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 10:28 AM

Thanks for the reply. Here is the log attached with all fuel bias set to 80 and meth additive 45.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map3.csv (20.4 KB, 6 views)

Do more with less !
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 10:33 AM

As configured meth scaling should be set to 60. But, seems to generally be working.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old

Default 11-16-2017, 11:11 AM

Yes here is the log attached with additive 60 with the great distributions of David
Attached Files
File Type: csv meth 60 .csv (32.2 KB, 4 views)

Do more with less !
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-16-2017, 09:15 PM

You need to update your interface to log trims on both banks.

Other than running a bit rich it looks pretty good. Trims are low but fine.

I believe I already answered this in a email but to clarify.

To monitor the PI, you will connect the white wire from the PI controller to pin 14 or 16, however once you do that, you do not have any meth safeties so if the meth tank runs empty...you are SOL. Once you know PI is working correctly, IMO, you're better off monitoring the meth signal and utilize those safeties. Ultimately it's up to the end user.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.