N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default F Series N55 PWG ISO Firmware and Details - 05-30-2017, 10:28 AM

Use subject to terms and conditions posted at http://www.burgertuning.com/terms.html

THIS PART IS LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE. California law defines a "racing vehicle" as "a competition vehicle not used on public highways." (Calif. Health & Safety Code 39048) This part may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event. Competition-only motor vehicles may not be driven to a racing event on a public highway and must be transported on a trailer or other carrier. USE OF THIS PART IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BURGER MOTORSPORTS, INC, AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY. It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable federal and state laws relating to use of this part, and Burger Motorsports, Inc hereby disclaims any liability resulting from the failure to use this part in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.

We'll use this thread for official updates, directions, and documentation for the F series PWG N55 ISO firmware. Generally 2013 335i models and other F series PWG vehicles like the 2010-2013 F10, and some M135 and M235 models.

This BETA firmware and related JB4 board modification is suggested for F series PWG vehicles running larger than stock turbos, or those running stock turbos, who like to experiment.

Setup notes:

1) After cutting diode and loading firmware adjust PID Gain to 25, and auto shift reduction to 60, as starting points.
2) RPM FF gain is disabled in this firmware so you'll need to manually enter a dutybias profile to match your turbocharger. This is a good starting point:
Name:  duty_bias.jpg
Views: 3884
Size:  18.1 KB
3) JB4 maps are generally the same as F series integrated firmware. FutureUseD settings are as follows:

Firmware Notes:

ISO_7_T12:

1) Updated port injection mapping, fuel enrichment values of 0 now disable port injection all together.

ISO_7_T3:

1) Mapped FutureUseD bit4 so that a value of 0 prevents JB4 from targeting below the factory boost target (default setting for those running a factory back end flash map), and a value of 1 allows the JB4 to target independently of the flash boost boost target (useful for back end flash maps with higher targets).

Quote:
*F Series PWG ISO:

FUD:
bit0 - Disable in dash BC button controls
bit1 - Alternative in dash BC F10 compatibility mode
bit2 - Unused
bit3 - Disable wastegate/FF adaption learning for diagnostic purposes
bit4 - Allow JB4 boost target to drop below below flash boost target
bit5 - Turn on CANbus logging full time
bit6 - Unused
bit7 - Slow down CANbus sample rate - required for some vehicles with older software

FutureUseA: 0-50 offset target between DME_BT and ECU_PSI under full load. A setting of 0 runs the default value of

30. Lower values will result in ECU_PSI closer to DME_BT with more throttle movement, and higher values ECU_PSI

further way from DME_BT with less throttle movement.

6 Cyl Timing: Remapped to represent gas pedal aggressiveness. A value of 0 being the least aggressive and a value of 50 the most aggressive setting.
To run this firmware the following modification is required to the JB4 board to remove/disconnect its boost solenoid diode:
Attached Files
File Type: hex N55_FSERIES_OBDII_ISO_7_T12.hex (72.0 KB, 345 views)

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2017, 10:29 AM

Note previous discussion on this subject was posted here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46430

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 05-31-2017, 01:39 AM

good job terry

If I want to select several options in FUD

How to do it?

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it

Last edited by dror135; 05-31-2017 at 01:54 AM..
(#4)
Old

Car: m135i
Default 05-31-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dror135
good job terry

If I want to select several options in FUD

How to do it?
You will need a laptop to set the bit. JB4 Mobil app doesn't support this (at least my Android doesn't).
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2017, 10:43 AM

You click FutureUseD and there are yes/no prompts.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Default 05-31-2017, 11:33 AM

hi terry i was with ISO 6

on iSO 7

still ff learning ( FUD set 5 )

why ?

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
(#7)
Old

Car: 2013 F21 M135i MT
Default 05-31-2017, 11:56 AM

Thanks for creating this thread Terry

2013 F21 M135i 6MT
JB4 / PWG / BMS intake / BMS meth kit / FSB / ER CP / Down Pipe / VTT stg1 / Pure inlet / GFB DV+ / AFE air scoop / N20 Tmap / Rev3 Connect / M performance exhaust / ACS springs / H&R Trak spacers / M Performance V2 steering
(#8)
Old

Default 06-01-2017, 01:02 AM

thx i know thats

but on laptop There is no option "Turn on CANbus logging full time"

these the wizard of bits on the PC

bit1: disable waesgate adaption
bit2: use water temp intead of oil temp .......
bit3:disable fuel open loop learning
bit4:enable meth input algorithm ......
bit5:show bank2 fuel trims undder timing AVG
bit6:disable ff rpm gain
bit7:use alternative anti rattle wastegate positioning

thx

(#9)
Old

Car: 335i M Sport
Default 06-01-2017, 08:34 AM

This is great to see. What is the main benefit of using this firmware... better boost control for PWG turbo cars? Terry - do you think there is a benefit using this with maxed out stock turbo setup?

2013 335i 6MT | FBO | JB4 w/ Bluetooth | e40 | 400whp/473wtrq
(#10)
Old

Car: 12' F30 335i
Default 06-01-2017, 09:26 AM

So I've been having boost issues within the past few weeks. I was gradually losing boost which caused "boost level below expected" codes. So I went ahead and did this mod and downloaded the firmware to see if anything would change.. Now I have less than 3psi throughout the RPM range lol. Once I take the jb4 off, the car drives fine again. At first I thought I was losing boost from a mechanical leak such as the chargepipe or diverted valve. But now I'm leaning more towards the jb4. Possibly my settings within the Bluetooth app?someone help, I'd love to have full power before bimmerfest this weekend lol. My pwg f30 is fbo btw.
(#11)
Old

Car: 2013 535i (N55 F10)
Default 06-01-2017, 09:39 AM

Feature Request - As discussed in email with you and Steve, the ability to read "E" Content from physical sensor as DutyCycle on this firmware for those running PI and "E" Sensor.

2013 F10 535i N55 PWG, Pure Stage 2, Wagner FMIC, ER Charge pipe, ER **, BMS Intake, JB4, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, Fuel-It Platinum PI Kit, BootMod3 Flash
1995 e36 M3 - Future Track Car
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2017, 10:04 AM

Yes, I'll start adding the logic to this firmware.

For those with boost problems send in logs so we can work on it. At some point I'd like to retire the F series PWG integrated firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 06-01-2017, 11:08 AM

Sorry for the ignorance but I've never sent logs.. I'm guessing WOT 3rd and 4th, gear map 4?
(#14)
Old

Car: n55 335i
Default 06-01-2017, 11:15 AM

Im having issues with my recent jb4 install (by performance centre sunderland) i will get a log tomorrow and send it over im really hoping you can shed some light.

this is the graph from map6, as you can see its not great.

(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave
Im having issues with my recent jb4 install (by performance centre sunderland) i will get a log tomorrow and send it over im really hoping you can shed some light.

this is the graph from map6, as you can see its not great.
Unless you loaded the BETA F series ISO firmware it has nothing to do with this thread. Post the JB4 logs and info in the support forum for tuning help.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 06-01-2017, 01:17 PM

ok so I just downloaded the newest ISO 7 (T3) and the car finally builds some boost again but it's still nowhere near what it was pushing before. Who/where do I send logs to?

Thanks
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaf
ok so I just downloaded the newest ISO 7 (T3) and the car finally builds some boost again but it's still nowhere near what it was pushing before. Who/where do I send logs to?

Thanks
This thread is fine for now just to keep the F series ISO logs in one place. Later, we'll go back to normal support forum only log rules.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 06-01-2017, 02:07 PM

Here's my first log.. let me know if I did anything wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-06-01 13_07_27.csv (13.7 KB, 102 views)
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2017, 02:51 PM

I wonder if you have a boost leak going on? In any event change FF to 120 to speed up adaption and do another similar log.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 06-01-2017, 03:04 PM

Will do. I checked and double checked the intercooler connections and chargepipe . Ddnt find anything loose.
(#21)
Old

Default 06-01-2017, 03:32 PM

Ok here is it with 120 FF:
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-06-01 15_29_37.csv (9.7 KB, 57 views)
(#22)
Old

Default 06-01-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaf
Ok here is it with 120 FF:
You'll need to do a proper leak test. Add pressure to the intake tube and listen for leaks. Also when doing logs then do a pull from 2000 to 6500rpm in 4th gear - remember DSC OFF.
(#23)
Old

Default 06-02-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
You'll need to do a proper leak test. Add pressure to the intake tube and listen for leaks. Also when doing logs then do a pull from 2000 to 6500rpm in 4th gear - remember DSC OFF.
I'll try to get that done asap, thank you!

And Terry, thank you again!
(#24)
Old

Car: 435
Thumbs up ISO 7 T3 Log (E45, 20psi flat, stock FMIC, FBO) - 06-02-2017, 11:16 PM

Good morning Terry,

Here is my log of ISO 7 T3 (E45+dual cm5 meth 50/50, FBO+stock FMIC, 4th to 5th gear 20psi flat target, BEF)

Overall, the ISO 7 is almost perfect, with boost aggressieness index set to 45, the car had no more lag. Here is just some minor issue:

1. Small overboost at tip-in
2. timing dip at tip in
*3. fuel trim sometimes is stuck at value of 25, regardless of pedal input and boost variation, also AFR went very high.

Thank you very much in advance for your further instruction!

Best,

Li Wang
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-06-03 11_33_55 E45 V9C 7T3.csv (9.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: csv 2017-06-03 18_37_49 trim.csv (4.7 KB, 33 views)

BMW F30 335xi PWG N55 1/4mile 11.111ET @ 126mph

BMS JB4 ISO / PTF Bootmod3 / Pure N55 stg2 Turbo / Fuel-it PI + stg2 LPFP/ Wagner EVO 2 Competition FMIC / E30 + Meth

In Shanghai

Last edited by 911Y4; 06-03-2017 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Add content
(#25)
Old

Default 06-04-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Y4
Good morning Terry,

Here is my log of ISO 7 T3 (E45+dual cm5 meth 50/50, FBO+stock FMIC, 4th to 5th gear 20psi flat target, BEF)

Overall, the ISO 7 is almost perfect, with boost aggressieness index set to 45, the car had no more lag. Here is just some minor issue:

1. Small overboost at tip-in
2. timing dip at tip in
*3. fuel trim sometimes is stuck at value of 25, regardless of pedal input and boost variation, also AFR went very high.

Thank you very much in advance for your further instruction!

Best,

Li Wang
Seeing AFR like this scare the **** out of me!!!

Terry

Is the AFR safety not working or can nothing be done with trims stuck? Is it an O2 sensor failure causing open-loop? I experienced something similar back in November last year and changed my O2 sensor on your recommendation. Back then you also made a custom FW with "trims 25" protection for me, but I was not able to fully validate if it worked or not. I also still see short periods of "trims 25" in my logs from time to time.

November with ISO_4:
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv map4-2 PID10 high AFR.csv (19.0 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by cnm135i; 06-04-2017 at 08:45 PM..