N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#801)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW M5 F10
Talking S63TU - Map 0 and Map 1 Logs - JB4 + BCM - 06-04-2017, 06:04 PM

Butt dyno knew it was pushing more boost but had to get the bluetooth connect kit to satisfy my brains desire to see it on paper... JB4 + BCM + Connect Kit = Firmware upgrade via connect kit was also simple and smooth

2013 BMW M5 F10
Black Sapphire
JB4 + BCM
(#802)
Old

Car: 335i f30 2012
Default 06-15-2017, 12:27 PM

Hi Terry

F85 - 2015 JB4 /BMS - with diane air intake and 89 mm free flow **,JB4 +BCM _M5_OBDII_1_5.hex is there any way I can keep CAN flap completely closed in efficiency mode or till some levels of boost ? its too loud for city drive with family or a modified new firmware ?. thanks
(#803)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2017, 04:11 PM

We do not have flapper control for the S63TU yet.... Not been able to find a tool that has the commands.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#804)
Old

Car: F85
Default 06-19-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtmike
I own a 2016 X6M with a JB4 stage 2 with BCM and i ran 11.31s on 1/4 mile with 4 wheel spinning and an ugly 1.800s on the 0-60 ft.
I am sure i can get under the 11s with sticky starting line.
So trust me it's fast.
hey i have the same truck only with stage 3 dmetuning, exhaust, cats and dinan intake, running 11.7 can you please share your setting on jb4
(#805)
Old

Car: 335i f30 2012
Default 07-27-2017, 06:20 AM

F85 - 2015 JB4 /BMS - with diane air intake and 89 mm free flow **,JB4 +BCM _M5_OBDII_1_5.hex is there any way I can keep CAN flap completely closed in efficiency mode or open only till some levels of boost ? its too loud for city drive with family or a modified new firmware ?. thanks I had CEL and sporadic boost with JB4_M5_OBDII_1_6_T1.hex - unable to read codes .... so went back to 1_5.hex ... car is pretty fast - thanks

Last edited by sabujan; 07-27-2017 at 06:25 AM..
(#806)
Old

Car: F85
Default 08-12-2017, 11:15 PM

Where can I download 1_5?
(#807)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW M5
Default 08-18-2017, 02:23 PM

Hi,

where can I find the latest filmware to upload to the jb4?
(#808)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 08-18-2017, 02:26 PM

Just check the F series S63tu main thread you will find it download there, open the jb4 app and goto firmware update and then navigate the thread.

335i M//, 07",IC, CP, BOV, LPFP stage 3, Meth kit, MHD ST,PI,PTE 6466, 32psi ~ 750whp
(#809)
Old

Default 08-18-2017, 02:35 PM

Thank you doc for your quick response,

is: JB4_M5_OBDII_1_6_T1.hex, the latest filmware?

Last edited by tarun91; 08-24-2017 at 05:37 PM..
(#810)
Old

Default 08-25-2017, 10:56 AM

Hi,

I installed my JB4 just now and while trying to connect I get an error msg saying " kit not owned (A2FA74836550)"

Any idea ?
(#811)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2017, 03:06 PM

Check the JB4 mobile thread for directions on how to register it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#812)
Old

Default 08-29-2017, 03:17 PM

I'm running Map 2 and it's been working great! What's the difference between map 2 and the ///M Map 5?

Singapore Grey M6 GC
(#813)
Old

Car: F13 ///M6
Default 09-03-2017, 10:40 AM

About to purchase jb4/BCM/Rev3 will it come with the latest firmware?
(#814)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Yes they ship with the latest firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#815)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW M5
Default 09-08-2017, 08:58 PM

Hi Terry,

Hope this msg finds you well.
I have a 2013 BMW M5 that has just been tuned by DME with a backend flash jb4 along with the bluetooth kit rev3. I'm having problem viewing any type of temperature stats on the app ( oil, water, and transmission temperature) they all show -17C which obviously is a misread.

How can I fix this problem?
Thank you in advance.

Husain.
(#816)
Old

Car: m5
Default 09-14-2017, 05:13 AM

Can somebody look at my logs? I ran 11.9 when the car was stock, best I could do was 12.8,12.6@116 afterward. Installed ******** and JB4 Map 3 and car is slower. maybe I have something else going that needs to be addressed. The car has 50k. I will try to upload the complete time slip.
Attached Files
File Type: csv TrackEtown12.8.csv (6.6 KB, 12 views)
(#817)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorData
Can somebody look at my logs? I ran 11.9 when the car was stock, best I could do was 12.8,12.6@116 afterward. Installed ******** and JB4 Map 3 and car is slower. maybe I have something else going that needs to be addressed. The car has 50k. I will try to upload the complete time slip.
Something looks off especially on the factory boost target... Any fault codes coming up?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#818)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2017, 10:22 AM

Just as a quick update we're in the process of testing an S63TU JB4 board upgrade. It eliminates the need for a separate BCM module instead relocating those wires in to the primary JB4 harness. But more importantly it allows for separate dual bank boost and PID control. Original designed for Pure's new S63TU large turbo kit, but we've found it to be beneficial to normal integrated applications as well, where boost bank to bank isn't lining up.

Burger Motorsports

(#819)
Old

Car: m5
Default 09-25-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Something looks off especially on the factory boost target... Any fault codes coming up?
No trouble codes. Could the boost hookups be reversed?
Can you explain your findings better? Why could the factory boost target be off? Could something mechanical be bad?
(#820)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2017, 08:50 PM

Do a run or two on map4 so we can compare.

Burger Motorsports

(#821)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 09-25-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Just as a quick update we're in the process of testing an S63TU JB4 board upgrade. It eliminates the need for a separate BCM module instead relocating those wires in to the primary JB4 harness. But more importantly it allows for separate dual bank boost and PID control. Original designed for Pure's new S63TU large turbo kit, but we've found it to be beneficial to normal integrated applications as well, where boost bank to bank isn't lining up.
Yes we like per-bank boost control :-)
(#822)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2017, 08:20 AM

Designed it with your car and Jesse's in mind. I sent a board down to Jesse to test if it goes well I can send one down for your car too. Uses same BCM wires but you cut them off at the BCM, crimp on DSUB pins, and plug them in to the JB4 harness.

Burger Motorsports

(#823)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 09-26-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Designed it with your car and Jesse's in mind. I sent a board down to Jesse to test if it goes well I can send one down for your car too. Uses same BCM wires but you cut them off at the BCM, crimp on DSUB pins, and plug them in to the JB4 harness.
(#824)
Old

Car: F13 ///M6
Default 09-26-2017, 11:34 AM

What could I expect on map 2 with down ***** k&n air filters (charcoal delete) 91 pump gas....no 93 in west texas
(#825)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 09-30-2017, 04:08 PM

Terry,

If you're still monitoring this thread.. I'm struggling like Hell to get the Pass intercooler off my ZCP M5. Its been a real Pita. Both hoses are removed. The charge pipe is disconnected, and all screws that I can see are out... still no real movement!

Frustrated!

By the way, this is Naseem from Alabama...