N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2010 335ix
Default loading BEF via MHD help - 10-08-2017, 08:07 AM

I've been using mhd for a while now I just got a new phone and its telling me I have to purchase the monitor module. I've already bought everything except the mboost option and can't figure out what to do. Also I just purchased a jb4 but am nervous to install it I'm running the stage 2 + 95 Oct map and fear I won't be as fast with the jb4. I appreciate any input as I have nobody around me with any tuning or bmw knowledge.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2017, 10:53 AM

Load the back end flash, install the JB4, select menu 4-2, map2, and it should haul ass! You can post JB4 tuning logs for advice.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 10-08-2017, 11:35 AM

Ok thanks what do you think is the closest to the 2+ 95 Oct map? I'm spraying meth/water and fill up with 93 and usually add 2 to 3 gallons of e85
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2017, 04:21 PM

Start with RACE BEF and we can evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 10-09-2017, 06:12 AM

Ok thanks if I get time I'll install it tonight and take some logs. Appreciate the help. I figured out the monitor to I'm just a idiot with any kind of technology.
(#6)
Old

Default 10-14-2017, 11:21 AM

Installed the jb4 last night flashed mhd to stock and put jb4 on map 5. It's a little slower but much smoother. After about 20 miles of driving the ses light came on and has been on since. I just got on the freeway redlined 3rd 17 psi no problem. Slowed down than slammed 4th to redline 17psi no problem. Slowed down slammed 5th about 5000 rpm there was a pop and car went into limp mode. Shut it off started back up and its right back to normal. About to try map 4 with the race flash in a hour or so.
(#7)
Old

Default 10-14-2017, 11:31 AM

Can I run map 5 with a bef? If I run map 2 does it limit boost to 14.5? I really would like to run 17-20 psi.