N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M335
Terry I am ordering s63tu BCM for jb4 n63tu & would like to know what FF wires I need to get for 2014 550I?
Do I need to get two sets for B48 large style?
Probably large, but you'd want to check the car to verify first. They are at the end of the fuel rails under the airbox.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#127)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 08-16-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Firmware is in the first post. We'll slowly add extra documentation to the first post as needed.
Terry, can you post firmware for people outside USA to have passive **** after every startup?

14' F10 N63tu Frozen Grey with full OEM M5 conversion on prototype JB4 | Eibach springs| custom exh**st |
11' E90 N55
VS2 DBB with custom inlet-short air intake | BMS JB4/MHD bef/ISO+FF wires E50 corn | 100% Meth-Injection | BMS-occ,cf,ocv, | Big Tom FMIC | Fuel-it S2 LPFP | 5" CP-E ** | BMW-pe |
(#128)
Old

Car: 2013 M5 DCT
Default 08-18-2017, 03:58 PM

So to get this right...

If I have a "n63TU" and I want a Jb4 with BCM I need to buy a "s63TU" and BCM as if it were a 2014 M5 but I upload the "n63TU" Firmware?
(#129)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 08-18-2017, 04:29 PM

Yeah, that sounds right. As long as you're outside the US. If you're in the US you don't have auto-clear, in which case you'll have a constant CEL.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#130)
Old

Car: 2014 X5 xDrive50i
Default 09-23-2017, 02:53 AM

is there any benefit to purchasing the S63TU JB4 and using the firmware you have posted up on the first page? I'm disappointed that this didn't work out but I also understand because the market for folks with N63TU's to mod is probably no where near as large and the N54/55 and S63/TU, S55 etc. Still no update on the intake?
(#131)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2017, 09:25 AM

If by benefit you mean adding 100+hp to the car tuning it, then yes.

No ETA on intake. It's in the queue but isn't a high priority item.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#132)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 09-23-2017, 11:40 AM

Adding 100hp and a CEL.

That’s why I leased the X3 instead of an X5. I can tune the N55 easily, and hopefully you’ll have this all straightened out in 3 years and then I can get a proper V8.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#133)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 550i xDrive M-Sport
Default 10-02-2017, 11:37 PM

I think I understand BMS's position on disabling auto clearing of the CEL and the indefinite beta status of the N63TU JB4.

I assume that the biggest liability comes when users get their emissions tested and inconsistencies become red flags. Enough red flags associated with BMS and next thing you know the state emissions testing folks are notifying the feds. Under the current laws, there are no clear protections for BMS against the feds coming after them.

Until clearly written laws provide exemptions and or protections for BMS, BMS has to protect itself from it's user base inadvertently/unintentionally getting BMS into big, potentially business ending trouble with the feds.

Provided that my very simplified understanding is remotely correct. What would the owner of N63TU powered vehicle with the JB4 Beta W/ BCM have to do prior to emissions testing or a dealership service, to keep Terry and BMS from getting bad letters from the feds?

Is it as simple as plugging in the factory MAFs, switching to map 0 and clearing any codes and/or shadow codes?