N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw_ire_2012
Any updates on the progress of this, can we expect a new firmware any time soon?
We work with people in a one on one basis via email as they send in logs. I've found a number of people who "report" throttle issues actually don't have that issue at all.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 04-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We work with people in a one on one basis via email as they send in logs. I've found a number of people who "report" throttle issues actually don't have that issue at all.
If the throttle closing isn't the issue, what's the other variable(s) causing the issue they seem to have?
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2017, 03:21 PM

Some are DME software related, some fuel-cap related, others timing related.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 04-12-2017, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Thanks Terry, please advise on how to contact you and what sort of runs you want done for the logs and I will get them over to you then, cheers.
(#80)
Old

Car: 340i M-Sport
Default 04-12-2017, 08:21 AM

So has every ones problems been solved? This is the reason I have been hesitant to go jb4... I dont want my ** to cause issues

340i BC Coils | ER ** | ZS05 | JB+
(#81)
Old

Default 04-12-2017, 08:25 AM

The ** doesn't cause issues. It's upping the boost and timing with insufficient octane. That's why these symptoms occur.
(#82)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 04-19-2017, 06:51 AM

Hi terry,
i had issue for about two months and i could not solve yet, start the car rev the rpm above 1600 to 1800 the car start choking hardly like i had misfiring no code nothing there replace every thing that you could imagine, turn off the car then on it disappear for about 40 second then back again
how to check the fuel cap or timing....
if i disconnect the crankshaft sensor CEL came on and the car run fine.

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#83)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 04-19-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4OFF
The ** doesn't cause issues. It's upping the boost and timing with insufficient octane. That's why these symptoms occur.
This is what I believe as well. Insufficient octane.

I am running 91 octane and been using map 3 for 3 weeks so far. Zero problems. Map 3 is recommended for lower octane and so far, so good.

On maps 1 and 2, I ran into throttle cut issues, WOT chokes and shift delays.
(#84)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4OFF
The problems I've seen with throttle closure are a result of the **, reducing the required dutycycle to hit specific boost targets, causing boost over target conditions.

If you do not have sufficient octane you can run in to octane related issues, or fuel related issue if you are hitting a fuel ceiling, or CANbus related issues in some cases.

Like most things it's a details business. Unless people in to the details of their SPECIFIC issue they are unlikely to find an easy fix for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#85)
Old

Default 04-20-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
The problems I've seen with throttle closure are a result of the **, reducing the required dutycycle to hit specific boost targets, causing boost over target conditions.

If you do not have sufficient octane you can run in to octane related issues, or fuel related issue if you are hitting a fuel ceiling, or CANbus related issues in some cases.

Like most things it's a details business. Unless people in to the details of their SPECIFIC issue they are unlikely to find an easy fix for it.
What's the solution you recommend with the D P problem?
(#86)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 04-20-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:

For the throttle closure fix it requires an EWG cable correct? If so, if I run 91 + e85 (low amount, enough to get it to 93 octane or between a e20-e30 blend), would I be able to run map 2? A user here mentioned the EWG cable does not work on map 2 (I have a **), but I can't find the post. I would think a custom map would be required?
(#87)
Old

Car: 08 corvette / 06 vue
Default 04-26-2017, 11:40 AM

anyone notice on 6t the part throttle and overall response is much, much sharper? Granted I loaded it when the temps went from 50f to 70-85f but it surely drives much more like my flashed n54 did now.

Haven't logged a full wot pull yet but driving around town seems much improved either due to ambients or something in this firmware.

-2016 340xi 8AT
-2008 Corvette MN6