N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: F82
Default Meth FSB wiring double check (S55) - 02-17-2017, 09:24 AM

Hi guys, I got a meth kit from a friend and want to double check the wiring. I've included the 3 pics/questions.

pic1 - solenoid ground to green wire. Solenoid power to red power on the FSB. Short red wire to the pump. Correct? Also, should I upgrade the solenoid to the one that has the brass fittings rather than the compression ones?

pic2
Orage wire will go into spot 3
Blue wire into spot 14
These are bare wires...so will they push into the AMP connector without some sort of connector pin? I want to make sure they properly connect.

pic3
Is this the primary power wire that should be connected to an empty fuse spot? I'm not sure what that blue connector (on the black wire) is? If it is the primary power wire, can I use an "add a fuse" connector rather than shoving this thing into the fuse slot? If this is the primary power wire, I'll defnitely change the black to red for easier identification.

Some double check help is kindly appreciated
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-18-2017, 08:10 AM

Here's a sketch diagram
Attached Images

(#3)
Old

Default 02-18-2017, 08:12 AM

Also, you can get the proper pins at Radio Shack to mount in your wiring harness.
(#4)
Old

Car: F82
Default 02-18-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnl135i
Also, you can get the proper pins at Radio Shack to mount in your wiring harness.

Thanks John! Much appreciated. Looks like it's wired up fine and I just need to clean up the wires and the the pins.
(#5)
Old

Default 02-19-2017, 09:22 AM

No problem. At radio shack, look for D 9 pins, or serial plugs... should get you in the right area (usually a drawer).

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2017, 04:30 PM

I'd replace that old solenoid for a new style with compression fittings and a filter.

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.