N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 03-29-2018, 07:42 PM

Thanks Terry, It wonít let me connect until I pick one and didnít want to screw anything up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Engine selection has no effect on anything for Kia. Select anything you want there or use the default selection.
(#52)
Old
Extra Special 335i

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 04-06-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Absolutely OK. On the misfires it's a power thing so if you get them you need to turn down power (grab a BMS data cable or JB4 mobile for that) or to close the gap on the plugs down.
What do you guys think of this in regards to the spark plugs?
https://stingerforum.org/threads/how...-stinger.5174/

2007 BMW 750Li (sold)
2007 BMW 335i (sold)
2014 BMW 550i (July)
(#53)
Old

Car: Gt Stinger
Default 04-06-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno Castellano
What do you guys think of this in regards to the spark plugs?
https://stingerforum.org/threads/how...-stinger.5174/
I have re-gapped my stock plugs to .28, I notice 0 break up on map 1. I am going to try Map 2 this weekend.
(#54)
Old

Car: Gt Stinger
Default 04-06-2018, 01:04 PM

Any word on can bus yet?
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2018, 01:43 PM

No CANbus yet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 04-07-2018, 03:51 PM

Iím getting an ďinvalid PIN input (length) check PINĒ when trying to connect with the rev 3 Bluetooth adapter.
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2018, 03:55 PM

Ensure REV3 is selected under devices in JB4 mobile, beyond that you can get support for the app here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#58)
Old

Default 04-07-2018, 10:15 PM

Did a couple runs on map 2. 40mph-100mph
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-04-07 22_48_11.csv (9.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: csv 2018-04-07 23_56_40.csv (7.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: csv 2018-04-07 23_58_25.csv (10.6 KB, 35 views)
(#59)
Old

Default 04-10-2018, 09:47 AM

Are people still getting misfires? I havenít gotten any, wondering if Iím lucky or what.
(#60)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default 04-10-2018, 10:49 AM

Absolutely have gotten them at 87, 91, and 93 octane fuels, maps 1 and 2.

I've got to get some free time set aside and re gap my current plugs down to something more reasonable and give it another go.
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstyle
Looks normal, thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Default 04-12-2018, 02:14 PM

Can someone take a picture of the user setting. I change something on it and I want to put it back to default. Thank you very much.
(#63)
Old

Default 04-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Did you regap your spark plugs?
(#64)
Old

Default 04-12-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungtran505
Did you regap your spark plugs?
No, I havenít messed with them at all. I drive over 500 miles a week and have had zero issues.
(#65)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
No, I havenít messed with them at all. I drive over 500 miles a week and have had zero issues.
Do you mind taking a picture of the user setting on map 1 amd map 2. Thank you in advance.
(#66)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 08:14 AM

I've been reading up over on https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/for...ormance-Tuning that people are still getting misfires on 93 octane. Is re gapping and 93 octane sufficient or do you think a colder plugs is necessary?

Quote:
If everyone gets misfires at higher boost levels we may have to start stocking spark plugs for the motor.

Be sure to update the firmware and let me know how map1 does. One of our goals is to have a map1 that will not misfire even on weak plugs (assuming the stock tuning doesn't misfire), and then the higher maps are for those who want to experiment with higher power levels, ,knowing plugs may become an issue.
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2018, 08:19 AM

So far people who have had misfires resolved them by closing their spark plug gap.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Do you mind taking a picture of the user setting on map 1 amd map 2. Thank you in advance.
Is this what you mean? Itís the same when I set map 1 it 2. Not really sure how this works. I can do logs, but I dont mess with any map settings.
(#69)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Is this what you mean? Itís the same when I set map 1 it 2. Not really sure how this works. I can do logs, but I dont mess with any map settings.
Guess it helps to attach the pic
Attached Images

(#70)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Guess it helps to attach the pic
Thats the one thank you. Is map 3 the same?
(#71)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Thats the one thank you. Is map 3 the same?
Yes, same in all maps.
(#72)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 02:13 PM

Ok thank you
(#73)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 04:46 PM

What’s the highest boost anyone has added?
(#74)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default No problems with map 1 - 04-24-2018, 08:55 AM

Have had this installed for over a week and have had no problems using map 1. Anyone had no problems with map 1 one but then map 2 caused problems? Also the bluetooth module connects with no problem but will not give proper feedback until they update phone app when out of beta.
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2018, 09:03 AM

Glad to hear.. Give map2 a whirl and lets find out!

Burger Motorsports