N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default xHP - True manual mode (no-upshift at limiter) - how to enable? - 06-15-2018, 03:05 PM

I've installed stage 3 and really like it.
It advertises as no up-shifting in Manual mode.
Yet, my car up-shifts at limiter.

I was expecting it to hold rev limit, just like it does in a manual.

This doesn't appear to be in the configuration options and the down-shift delete is.

Thought?

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T
JB4 Map 1, PUMP BEF (15 PSI), 94 Octane
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020 (likely returning to .022)
(#2)
Old

Default 06-22-2018, 02:49 PM

Bump.

Anyone else find that xHP, Stage 3, v2.0 will up-shift at rev limiter?

I was hoping it would not do this, really just in 1st gear, for burn outs.

It's down-shift blocker abilities are good.

xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW 335i N54
Default 06-22-2018, 03:01 PM

I thought that what was ment by 'true manual' mode! Shame if its not!
(#4)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 06-22-2018, 03:18 PM

Bump

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, Zage Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-22-2018, 06:52 PM

Have you guys tried contacting XHP directly to see what the can say about it?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 06-23-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Have you guys tried contacting XHP directly to see what the can say about it?

Fair. Will do and then I'll post back here.

xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-23-2018, 09:55 AM

I wish I had an auto car then I could help LOL.

I have a local customer I will be helping flash so if I encounter this tomorrow I'll post my updates for you all.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 06-29-2018, 01:47 PM

OK, I was chatting with Clemens Muehlbacher, Founder of RBT Tuning GMBH.

I will be testing the following this weekend, however there is no reason to believe it should not work as advertised... if configured correctly...

Stage 3, v2.0, in Manual Mode, does support "True Manual mode (no forced upshift at limited)", as is advertised.

In my case, I had set a Custom Shift Point in Manual mode, at 6500 RPM in 1st gear.
This is a setting on the TCU, which triggers the gear shift at 6500 RPM, into 2nd gear.
When the Custom Shift Point in Manual mode is disabled (set at 20,000 RPM), the TCU does not trigger a shift and the ECU/DME's rev limited still applies.
This results in your car staying in 1st gear at 'red-line'/ECU/DME rev limit.
(this doesn't really provide the ideal launch when cutting numbers, but it's fun to spin until your car is up to the speed of your tires)

* The reason you don't select 8,000 RPM is due to the gradient calculations happening and it may accidentally trigger a gear shift. At 20,000, the gradient calculations will not see 20,000 RPM ever, and therefor you have your best shift resistance.

** As advertised, this works in Manual Mode Only. No Custom Shift Point.

xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-29-2018, 02:45 PM

Really interested to see how that may work out.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 07-09-2018, 01:57 PM

Thanks Payam.

It does work as advertised.

My DME rev limit is over 7k, so I will eventually try to lower that to 6,800 ish via INPA... I've yet to play with that...

I do get my burns and no up or down shifting under any (defined) conditions.
I just have to lower the DME rev limit based on my own opinion... though it is entirely smooth at 7200~.

xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-09-2018, 04:15 PM

Awesome, that will be useful when you're spraying methanol!

Burger Motorsports