N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 05-29-2018, 11:43 PM

The powder coating on the inside looks to have a few spots missing, will this hinder its tolerance to methanol? Just curious not hating or anything as I'll probably be picking one up whenever it comes out for the N55.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#52)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 05-30-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
The powder coating on the inside looks to have a few spots missing, will this hinder its tolerance to methanol? Just curious not hating or anything as I'll probably be picking one up whenever it comes out for the N55.
It actually looks like some type of solution that has dried on and left a white residue on the black finish, not actually spots missing. I'll probably try to wipe this down before installing with some degreaser to see if I can't get a clean black finish inside.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver ACF Top Mount Single Turbo Build Thread HERE
(#53)
Old
Demigod

Default 05-30-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
It actually looks like some type of solution that has dried on and left a white residue on the black finish, not actually spots missing. I'll probably try to wipe this down before installing with some degreaser to see if I can't get a clean black finish inside.
Ahh I see. Hopefully it's not missing powder coating or black finish due to a bad spray on. Man imagine if phoenix made the angled intake design like others used to in the past. Oh man that would look so sweet.

(#54)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
These are anodized, they are submerged in solution so it shouldn't have spots. Probably left over cleaning stains from whatever it was, doesn't do anything wipes right off.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old
Demigod

Default 05-30-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
These are anodized, they are submerged in solution so it shouldn't have spots. Probably left over cleaning stains from whatever it was, doesn't do anything wipes right off.
Ok that's good to know.

(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2018, 05:10 PM

Just realized the orings we shipped with a few of these are 1/4" longer so more of a PITA to work with than intended. Have some other options coming in and will send em once we verify they fit. If you're in a pinch you can always reuse the stock ones or trim these ~1/4".

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Default 06-04-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just realized the orings we shipped with a few of these are 1/4" longer so more of a PITA to work with than intended. Have some other options coming in and will send em once we verify they fit. If you're in a pinch you can always reuse the stock ones or trim these ~1/4".
Haven't installed anything yet, but I did mock everything up. The gaskets were a pain to work with, but I managed to get all 6 installed really snug. Thought they were designed to fit that way honestly as they seem like they'd work perfectly. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see the other option though.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver ACF Top Mount Single Turbo Build Thread HERE
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2018, 11:34 AM

Let me know your address we can send the right ones. Should fit like this!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
Haven't installed anything yet, but I did mock everything up. The gaskets were a pain to work with, but I managed to get all 6 installed really snug. Thought they were designed to fit that way honestly as they seem like they'd work perfectly. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see the other option though.
Sent you some new ones just now.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Default 06-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Appreciated as always fellas.

(#61)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default 06-05-2018, 08:02 PM

Out of curiosity, if you haven't upgraded your injectors and are having issues, why wouldn't you go this route? at $250 each, this is cheaper with injectors than stock....what am I missing?
(#62)
Old

Default 06-06-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjk
Out of curiosity, if you haven't upgraded your injectors and are having issues, why wouldn't you go this route? at $250 each, this is cheaper with injectors than stock....what am I missing?
These 6 PI injectors run in addition to your standard 6 DI injectors, they don't replace the DI injectors.

(#63)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 06-22-2018, 10:27 PM

Hi!

I'm just wondering,

1. If i don't intend to go the PI route, can i still use this Intake Manifold? what would be required? do i need to cap off the holes where the injectors would have been?

2. If i intend to go Port Injection, what do i need to purchase on top of the "intake manifold with 750cc injectors and fuel line kit" ?
(#64)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-23-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
Hi!

I'm just wondering,

1. If i don't intend to go the PI route, can i still use this Intake Manifold? what would be required? do i need to cap off the holes where the injectors would have been?

2. If i intend to go Port Injection, what do i need to purchase on top of the "intake manifold with 750cc injectors and fuel line kit" ?
You'd need to cap off the PI ports if you don't want to run PI.

The Intake manifold, injector kit, and the Jb4 PI controller. What are your end power goals? You'll need at least a stage 2 lpfp.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 06-23-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You'd need to cap off the PI ports if you don't want to run PI.

The Intake manifold, injector kit, and the Jb4 PI controller. What are your end power goals? You'll need at least a stage 2 lpfp.

I am already running a stage 2 Lpfp. So I just need to get the intake manifold $999 option and a jb4 PI controller?
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2018, 10:23 AM

Exactly!

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-08-2018, 06:20 PM

Any updates on n55 fitment? I just discovered a crack in my intake manifold and would be needing a replacement ASAP.
Thank you

2013 DCT Jet Black 135i
-JB4 Stage 2 ISO/w Flex Fuel Wires-Fuel it Stage 3 Bucketless LPFP-PDU Port Injection-Big Boost 6564 Bottom Mount Turbo Kit-Big Boost Chargepipe-Active Autowerke-BOV-Injen SP Intake with Blox Velocity Stack and Turbo Guard Filter-VRSF 7.5 in Stepped Race Intercooler--BMS OCC/OCV/CF-N20 TMAP-N20 Plugs-Motul 300v 5W-40-Archoil 9100-Motul Mocool-Custom 3.5 inch Straight Pipe Exhaust-Stoptech Rotors/Fluid-PFC Track Pads-VMR 710-Toyo R888r-M4 Flywheel- SSP R Clutches
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2018, 07:33 PM

We don't have N55 compatible units in stock yet, but we are working on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Car: 09 335i le mans blue msport
Default 07-14-2018, 02:50 PM

So if i don't want to run pi for fuel but want dpmi i would be able to use this manifold and purchase the meth option but not injectors? Or would i purchase the injectors and run meth through them, not sure If injectors are better than nozzles for meth ive tried searching never found clear answer.
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2018, 03:27 PM

Yes same manifold and injectors can be used for PI or MPI. If doing MPI you'd not use the fuel line Y and instead run a line to your meth pump. No additional solenoid would be required.

Whether you use PI or MPI depends on what your E85 situation is like. If you have easy E85 access PI, if not then MPI.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Car: 09 335i le mans blue msport
Default 07-14-2018, 06:15 PM

Does the jb4 pi controller have the ability to sense if an injector is shut because of dme. Part of me thinks as long as the jb4 stops all meth or cuts timing once that happens everything should be ok . I just always read that pi can take out a cylinder that way but i would think you thought of something for that.

Last edited by Rob09msport; 07-14-2018 at 06:57 PM..
(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2018, 07:28 PM

It can do a lot of things, but it only actually does what we program it to do. It shuts down PI if the DME shuts down a cylinder in around a second.

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 07-15-2018, 01:49 AM

Quote:
We don't have N55 compatible units in stock yet, but we are working on it.
Subscribed I hope to se a n55 one coming out soon

<-- Click on pic for the build thread 1m bodywork,helixIC,ONE EIGHTY head lights, JB4,Seibon GTR hood , i carbon trunk,meth, BMS intake,black lines,CKS coil overs, Sparta Evolution 2 piece rotors , PURE Stage 2 Turbo, BBS FIR's coming
(#74)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-16-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJD
Subscribed I hope to se a n55 one coming out soon
They are being built as we speak! Probably have them in a month or so .

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-16-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
It can do a lot of things, but it only actually does what we program it to do. It shuts down PI if the DME shuts down a cylinder in around a second.
Hey Terry, is shutting down in around a second actually fast enough to save an engine from a misfire and super lean condition? Not trying to put you on the spot legally or anything, just wondering how quickly pistons get melted when you go super lean at high power with an injector failure.