N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 06-25-2017, 05:26 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the weight. Torque can take care of that. My GT weighs close to 4500lbs, yet can still pull sub 4 second 0-60s consistently.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#52)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 06-25-2017, 07:50 PM

Yeah I guess but the C400 has more torque and power and lighter. Hopefully the BMS stage 1 will help, I live in NYC e85 gas is not common around here, that's why I'm not trying to look for performance through e85 or WMI, that's what I like about the ecutek but unfortunately it voids my warranty if dealer were to check my flash counter. That's why I was hoping for the jb4 one day.
(#53)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 06-25-2017, 11:25 PM

I live in NYC also. I get my E85 on the Nassau county border.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#54)
Old

Default 06-28-2017, 10:03 PM

I have one couple of miles away from where I live in Queens, but for me I'm not a racer... this car is a everyday car for me locally around city.. just want the power to able to use, e85 to me is more for track or everyday racing which I don't do. But still want the performance whenever I decide to punch it, you know what I mean??
(#55)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 06-29-2017, 06:00 PM

Same with me. But E85 is cheaper than 93 and the car loves it, so I use it. Get a couple less mpg, but the difference between 12 and 14 isn't gonna break me.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2017, 06:01 PM

Any day now for the first batch of Stage1 BETA systems.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Default 06-29-2017, 11:12 PM

Any new updates on stage 1, Terry?? Where can I download the software program??
(#58)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport 400
Default 06-30-2017, 08:58 AM

Terry,
thanks for your interest and work for the Red Sport! I signed up on the forum so I can interact on this topic. I know you were going to do a dyno soon with the Stage 1, has that been done? On the Red Sport specifically.

Thanks!
Brian
(#59)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335xi JB4 G5 DP DCI BOV
Default 06-30-2017, 09:15 AM

So are internals strong and forged like the n54? I was really looking at the q60. But id like to know if it would handle the power the n54's do with stock internals. Sucks turbos will be hard to swap but i doubt impossible. And hopefully they beef up tranny in a year becuase iv got my eye on this car...

2007 335XI SEDAN // JB4 G5 // BMS METH KIT // VRSF ** // AFE DCI // ER CP W/ TIAL BOV // MMP SILICONE INLETS // ALPINA FLASH // TREBILA BEF // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // FUEL-IT STAGE 2 LPFP // VRSF FMIC //
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2017, 09:16 AM

I just don't know on the internals... Other tuners have been leading the way on power with flash tuning so they probably know more about how much power the engine can hold than I do at this point.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#61)
Old

Default 06-30-2017, 12:29 PM

Key words... "at this point" lol I'm just waiting on you guys, my lease doesn't end until first quarter of 2020, after that I'm gonna go for the flash tune if I keep the car... but hoping you guys to make jb4 before than
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2017, 11:46 AM

Just got our first batch of 75 Q50 Stage1 in stock. Expect to see them on our site later today.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old

Default 07-04-2017, 11:00 PM

Don't know if this is anything special because this looks very different from the one that was sent to me
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2017, 08:33 AM

Working on the site copy and install guide still. But here is the link: http://burgertuning.com/infiniti_q50...nce_tuner.html

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport 400
Default 07-05-2017, 12:00 PM

Hi Terry,
is the dyno testing completed now for the Red Sport? Can we see the graphs and hear the analysis on your findings with tuning for it?

Thanks!
Brian
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2017, 12:37 PM

No, we have not dyno tested any red sport models yet. A few have BETA units and have reported positive feedback, especially on 93 octane. 91 octane probably not going to gain a ton on red sport.

From what I can tell doing datalogs on them red sport is basically the same platform running more boost from the factory. So tuning potential is similar, you just get more of it stock, and can add less with aftermarket tuning.

Our Stage1 is new product so expect to see more information and dynos coming out in the coming weeks.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Car: 2107 Infiniti Q60 Premium AWD
Default 07-05-2017, 01:11 PM

man I wish I knew about this forum before... I want to try the this on my Q60 just to see the dyno results
(#68)
Old

Car: 2011 335i X Drive
Default 07-05-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No, we have not dyno tested any red sport models yet. A few have BETA units and have reported positive feedback, especially on 93 octane. 91 octane probably not going to gain a ton on red sport.

From what I can tell doing datalogs on them red sport is basically the same platform running more boost from the factory. So tuning potential is similar, you just get more of it stock, and can add less with aftermarket tuning.

Our Stage1 is new product so expect to see more information and dynos coming out in the coming weeks.
In for updates! Map 7 possibility?

2011 BMW 335i xDrive, Black/Black, iDrive,
JB4 Stage 2 ISO, Map 7, E85
BMS Intake
Vishnu Catted **
ETS Intercooler
CPE Chargepipe
12.2 @ 111 (e90 N55 XDrive Record)
1994 Toyota Supra, Baltic Blue, 6-speed, mods... For Sale
1200rwhp/875rwtq
3.4L Stroker
(#69)
Old

Default 07-05-2017, 05:25 PM

Hey Terry I was just reading page you guys made about recommendation psi on Q50 silver sport +3-5psi over stock on good 93 gas.. what exactly is good 93 gas? Mobil gas??

Also if my psi is at +3 do you think I should increase it to +5? I do have the 17 Q50 Silver Sport, running full exhaust and C.A.I

Thanks

Last edited by g0t2bmiirii; 07-05-2017 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Did not know the ** would be censored
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Most 93 octane available in the USA is considered good gas... Some countries have 93 and 94 octane that are lower than USA 91 octane.

I think +3psi is a good conservative boost level to run, thus the default. If you are looking for as much performance as possible then learning how to use the laptop to connect and change settings may be in your best interest though.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Default 07-05-2017, 05:33 PM

Is it safe to run at +5 psi in my car's condition? I do want max performance on just 93 pump gas. All I use is 93 gas.. if brand matters I usually go to Mobil or BP
(#72)
Old

Car: 335XI
Default 07-05-2017, 07:34 PM

I just leased a Q50 and found this thread...

Can I exchange my BMW Jb4 for one for the Q50! LOL And who wants to buy my bmw!
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2017, 08:02 PM

Sorry hardware is different... But easy to sell the old one. JB4s hold pretty good value.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Is it safe to run at +5 psi in my car's condition? I do want max performance on just 93 pump gas. All I use is 93 gas.. if brand matters I usually go to Mobil or BP
I have no idea. I'd guess it's OK for a silver sport on 93 octane to run +5psi though. Try it and if its not pulling smoothly then back down to +4psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Default 07-05-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I have no idea. I'd guess it's OK for a silver sport on 93 octane to run +5psi though. Try it and if its not pulling smoothly then back down to +4psi.

Alright I will give it a shot when I get a chance to download the software. Thanks Terry