N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 09:47 AM

Tweaked the PID tuning a bit and saw some more improvement. Now I just need to get the shift boost logic adjusted and I think we'll be pretty well maxed out for E30. Then back to (boring) 91 octane tuning.

Name:  20160812_093427.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  179.5 KB

Name:  081216_0945.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  54.1 KB

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: E70 X5M
Default 08-12-2016, 10:20 AM

118mph traps are strong!! This is easily an 11.8-11.9 truck with a better 60'. Appreciate the updates
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 10:25 AM

So what is the secret to a 1.7 60'?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
So what is the secret to a 1.7 60'?
On my truck I ran 1.7 60' all day, but was on my winter wheel/tire setup that drops ~25lbs per corner and 35psi in the tires.

1. Set suspension to softest settings
2. Use M-mode Race launch
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 10:53 AM

How do you engage "M-Mode Race launch"?

Burger Motorsports

(#56)
Old

Car: 08' 535i
Default 08-12-2016, 11:03 AM

I'm 1.75 bone stock , tuned I think you should be 1.6x. definitely use launch mode and let truck shift itself. The biggest gain I saw was to just light up checkered flags, don't go any higher on rpm, then at a medium speed roll the throttle to the floor and come off brake at the same time. This makes the converter flash a little higher. Once you get the timing down, you can really feel a difference
Attached Images

08' 535i sport auto, jb4/mdh/xhp
10' x5m 11.72 1/4 record jb4 only
00' hayabusa turbo street bike
440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
07 SS trailblazer tuned/flex fuel

Last edited by turboalb; 08-12-2016 at 11:20 AM..
(#57)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
How do you engage "M-Mode Race launch"?
http://www.roadtesttv.com/launch-con...5-road-test-tv
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamo3
The video shown there is an F series dash?

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 11:50 AM

I think there's 2 videos , 1 is a f dash. But we have the e dash up to 2013... f series x5m started 2014

440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
(#60)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
The video shown there is an F series dash. If 2011 X5M dashes look like that then I don't think this system will work for them. It's for E series vehicles. If this 2013 X6M has an "M Sport" button I haven't found it yet.

When did the X5M go to F series? 2011?
M-button should be on the steering wheel next to volume controls (top button). X5M went f-series in 2014 (F85/86). E70/71 X5/6M started in 2010-2013. My dash looks same as in the video and I have a 2012.
(#61)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 12:01 PM

You're das and mine(2010) is the exact same one in his test x5m 2013..

440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamo3
M-button should be on the steering wheel next to volume controls (top button). X5M went f-series in 2014 (F85/86). E70/71 X5/6M started in 2010-2013. My dash looks same as in the video and I have a 2012.
Let's start seeing photos of dashes and model years.

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Let's start seeing photos of dashes and model years.
I'm confused now, since I think all E70/71 X5/6M dashes are the same. Here's how they all look.

(#64)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 12:55 PM

Yep , that's how mine is.

440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 01:06 PM

Sorry for the confusion, it's compatible with that E series dash type.

On the launch mode I found an "M" button on the wheel but no go getting a launch mode to engage. What is the sequence? Tried what I saw in the video and it didn't engage. Maybe it's just the typical unreliable //M launch mode selection? Where they randomly don't engage?

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboalb
I think there's 2 videos , 1 is a f dash. But we have the e dash up to 2013... f series x5m started 2014
I must have seen the wrong one then causing the confusion.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 01:25 PM

I saw the same f video too lol but I hit the back button and saw the x5m. Terry it's real simple , just pull shifter over to sport, then push up towards dash to put in manual 1st gear, it's now in launch mode. Build rpm slow till flag comes on. Remember it's in launch mode , even though you put it manual, it will shift itself. Before you launch , start to roll pedal to floor and let brake go at the same time. Also go into idrive settings, the M mode and make sure its in power mode and not efficiency.

440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph

Last edited by turboalb; 08-12-2016 at 01:38 PM..
(#68)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 01:42 PM

Ha I figured it had to be something with the video causing the confusion.

I found this write up for launch mode. You need to configure the M-button via the menu for theses settings.

To activate Launch Control, the driver stops the vehicle, moves the gear selector into the M/S position and activates the Sports Power mode, as well as the M Dynamic mode, or respectively, the DSC-Off mode. Then, with the transmission in stage M1, the driver presses down the brake pedal and moves the accelerator to at least 60% throttle, setting Launch Control to standby. Standby status is confirmed by “starter’s flag” symbol in the instrument cluster. As soon as the driver releases the brake pedal, the vehicle will accelerate with full power in “genuine racing style.” In the process, the M Sports Automatic transmission automatically upshifts at the ideal points, with the fastest possible shifts and optimum wheelspin control. The driver may terminate the Launch Control process at any time by reducing the throttle position.
(#69)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 02:26 PM

I also have a ss trailblazer, and on the ss forum a lot, there are at least a dozen tbss with bolt on superchargers that run 116-118 that run 11.5 with measly 1.70 sixty foot(awd) So the 118mph if accurate, is extremely impressive.

440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
(#70)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-12-2016, 02:32 PM

To me, the easiest thing is to pull the shift lever over to the left for sport. Then, press the button above the cup holder that is the DSC sport button (squiggly line w car and word "off"). Then, shift down into 1. Press Brake, then gas, see the flag, let off the brake and go.
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 04:13 PM

I've been basically doing that anyway, brake boosting in 1st, MTM pressed. Never had a flag come up and didn't know it had a launch mode. That's normally reserved for DCT vehicles. The launch mode in our M3, M5, and 135 DCT are worthless but this one should work well given it has an actual converter. Will work on getting that going this weekend. With a hard launch hopefully we verify the 11 second potential with this tank.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Default 08-12-2016, 05:06 PM

On the last log, is the a/f spike normal right after the shifts

440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Yes normal to have a false lean spike on fast shifts as fuel is cut for a moment.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 08-13-2016, 03:13 AM

Here is my last time slip of my x5m if you wanted something to compare to. I actually ran a 7.93 at night in April at a 1/8 mile track with a 1.74 60 foot same mph. I think it would have been a 12.39 run or better.
Attached Images

440 rwhp 1/8 5.42 141mph
(#75)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 08-13-2016, 02:26 PM

I spoke with Halim about using his tune with the JB4 and he said it's fine, but I'm still curious how things will all work together. I've read the M5 boards as well and I still don't understand what it means when people say they're stacked, backend flash, etc when they're running a JB4. I'm not sure if Halim needs to adjust his tunes or is it'll be adjusting through the JB4 from here on out. Either way I've installed the JB4 app on my tablet and I'm very excited for this!

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - BMS DCI, RB/Mishimoto
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's

Last edited by m5james; 08-13-2016 at 02:38 PM..