N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1676)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2017, 08:54 PM

Correct, 1.7

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1677)
Old

Car: 2008 E92 335i
Default 11-03-2017, 02:47 PM

Just bought a JB4 used and it came with version 4/157//5. What are the benefits of updating my firmware to the newest one?
(#1678)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2017, 07:37 PM

Firmware notes are in the first post with the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1679)
Old

Car: F32
Default 11-05-2017, 10:15 AM

Hi Terry,
can we expect any new firmware updates in the coming weeks?
(#1680)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2017, 10:16 AM

Yes Steve @ Fuel-IT is kicking around a new firmware version right now. The changes mainly apply to those running Port Injection, larger turbos, etc, though.

Burger Motorsports

(#1681)
Old

Car: ML63_335i
Default 11-23-2017, 05:56 PM

What map is suitable for a M3 ZCP, BMS intakes, no kittens, 93 octane.
I see stock ZCP cars on pump running map 1.

Current: ///M5 Evolve..EVenturi..Supersprint || F10 LCI 535i JB4
Retired: 2007 E92 335i || 2010 335i E90 LCI M-sport
(#1682)
Old

Car: 2015 M3
Default 12-01-2017, 04:38 PM

@Terry

re; BMS FSB Meth Control

I normally check my meth set up every couple of weeks and prime it etc. to make sure I'm not having any issues. I haven't checked it in a month or so as the weather has been ****ty and I turned the boost down to line up with running e30 and pump gas etc.

I checked it today and the system won't prime. I traced all of my wires and power. JB4 is fine, it connects via bluetooth, clears codes, logs etc. So the box is good.

I have power from my fuse box - FSB. I checked with a meter on both sides of the fuse and the fuse, all is good and showing 13.2. Further to this, my ethanol analyzer and gauge is wired in for power to the same wire - it works fine.

But, the pump power wire that comes out the other side of the FSB has no power. To the best of my knowledge, the pump should have continuous power and when the system needs to inject methanol it sends power to the solenoids - correct? If this is the case, the pump should have constant power. From what I can tell, the only area that there could be an interrupt is in the FSB itself as it is getting power on one side, but not sending power out the other.

Is this an issue that has come up or is common? I have the FSB wrapped in electrical tape and under the hood / cowl cover.

Aside from opening up the FSB and trying **** around with the wiring (IIRC it's all hot glued in there) - is there anything else I'm missing? Is the best solution to just order a new FSB?

Is there an upgrade out there for a weather tight FSB?

Rik
(#1683)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2017, 05:10 PM

No reason for the FSB itself to stop working. Are you on map8 when doing a purge?

Burger Motorsports

(#1684)
Old

Car: 2015 M3
Default 12-01-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No reason for the FSB itself to stop working. Are you on map8 when doing a purge?
Map 6, but it has worked on Map 6 without issue every other time.

I will try Map 8 in a moment and see if anything happens - but that should not affect the fact that there is no power leaving the FSB.
(#1685)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2017, 05:25 PM

Purge is programmed only to work on the WMI map. Beyond that if you need help just email in and we can help you sort it further.

Burger Motorsports

(#1686)
Old

Car: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT
Default 12-08-2017, 05:17 PM

Hi,
In post #1450, Terry mentioned adding a ZCP specific option in the future. Are there any developments regarding that?
Also, does anyone have dyno of stock ZCP 93 octane with map 1 or map 2, or even better dynos of both maps on the same car? I'll datalog each map on mine tomorrow and post in support to see what map is recommended based on the data.
Thanks
(#1687)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2017, 05:50 PM

After evaluating the ZCP in detail we determined a special setting option was not needed, beyond the firmware changes that were added a few months ago. But feel free to post your logs and we can give you more specific advice based on those.

Burger Motorsports

(#1688)
Old

Default 12-14-2017, 05:47 AM

Hi,

any installation guide for the blue wire of the bluetooth kit?

I will run map1-2 at the time. Is "stage 2" installation OK or shall I move on to "stage 3"?

Thanks
(#1689)
Old

Default 12-14-2017, 08:53 AM

OK, found about the blue wire in the installation guide at the support section.

Now about the "stage 2/3"?
(#1690)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos_335i
OK, found about the blue wire in the installation guide at the support section.

Now about the "stage 2/3"?
I'm not quite following the question. What maps/fuel do you plan to run?

Burger Motorsports

(#1691)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2017, 12:49 PM

With the OBDII flashing tools coming out and more cars dropping out of warranty, I've had a lot of customers email us asking about using the JB4 in conjunction with a flash map.

We'll be posting a more detailed guide in the future but the JB4 is a tuning tool and is fully compatible with flash tuning! The first step is normally to record a JB4 log on map4, which allows the JB4 to datalog and features such as the in dash boost gauge and CANflap to work, but prevents the JB4 from making any tuning changes. Then based on that log and what your tuning goals are we can offer advice for optimizing it.

Once MHD releases their flashing tools we plan to publish free back end flash maps optimizing the DME in such a way that the JB4 can best take advantage of its unique features and mapping options. But until then for those playing with flash maps lets start seeing those map4 logs and details so we can help you optimize everything. For those running WMI kits we can also setup the JB4 so it's running your flash map when meth is disabled but the JB4 progressive safety system when enabled in dash.

Burger Motorsports

(#1692)
Old

Car: f30 335i
Default 12-19-2017, 08:46 PM

Super excited about that terry. I think the JB4 functions are a must have for any flash tune. Any rough estimate when MHD will release their flashing tools?

It would be great to have 23-24psi with a little more timing for cars with meth and E25-E35

2017 F80 M3 Competition Package. JB4, BMS Stealth Meth kit with dual CM5. ESS charge pipe. RKtunes post intercooler meth injection. Stock exhaust with 2ndcat delete
(#1693)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2017, 08:49 PM

They are not ready to put a date on it but I'm in the loop and it's a top priority for them. Most of the work is done.

First order of business will be to setup an autotuning JB4 map that in conjunction with the BEF lets you move between 0-100% E85 with the JB4 automatically compensating your tuning for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1694)
Old

Default 12-20-2017, 12:13 AM

This keeps getting better! Awesome news terry, thank you!

2017 F80 M3 Competition Package. JB4, BMS Stealth Meth kit with dual CM5. ESS charge pipe. RKtunes post intercooler meth injection. Stock exhaust with 2ndcat delete
(#1695)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 12-20-2017, 12:17 AM

I love the JB4, what it offers and how flexible it is. Looking forward to what it will bring in 2018.

F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#1696)
Old

Default 12-22-2017, 01:34 AM

looks like MHD just announced on the forums!

(#1697)
Old

Default 12-27-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'm not quite following the question. What maps/fuel do you plan to run?
Hi,

I installed the "stage 2" option, 2 connectors and OBD cable. I just can't install the fuel rail connector

Is it OK for map 2? Car has c@tless down-***** and 100oct fuel (93 in US)

I also didn't install EWG connectors. I connected the plugs each other and put them under the jb4 unit with tie wraps. Is it OK to leave them connected each other?
(#1698)
Old

Default 12-27-2017, 03:32 PM

Hi Terry,
Is there a particular map to use on the JB4 in conjunction with a BEF?
If I was to install a BEF and wanted to maintain my WMI would I keep using map 8 in my case?

Are there any changes to the JB4 id need to make to properly integrate a BEF with the JB4?
(#1699)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2017, 03:45 PM

We have not released a back end flash map for the S55 yet. What you do on the JB4 end depends on exactly what you're running. If you need tuning advice post a map4 log of the flash you're running and we can go from there.

Burger Motorsports

(#1700)
Old

Default 12-27-2017, 03:56 PM

Thanks Terry