N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2012, 04:54 PM

Similar to the N55.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 05-29-2012, 05:14 AM

That is one quick little 4 banger already! I bet a single turbo upgrade doesn't take 5 years on this engine!

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#53)
Old

Default 05-29-2012, 03:29 PM

Is there really going to be significant difference between the N20 engine in the 328 and the 320?

If the 320 is just a detuned or factory limited BMW, then jb4+320's are going to be incredible performance for the money.
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2012, 05:24 PM

Good question. Until I get my hands on a 320 I can't say.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 06-08-2012, 02:30 PM

any idea if "tuner codes" are going to show up??
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2012, 08:27 PM

Added link to the first page to open up public beta testing!

Each BETA unit comes with a free USB cable for future software updates we'll be posting to this thread as we go.

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2012, 09:55 PM

Bit of good news for N20 guys running an offroad ********. We've just added N20 auto clear support to the CAN Tool so you can use that to keep that pesky ******** induced SES light off.

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default 07-22-2012, 10:42 AM

Make one for the n55 f10!!
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2012, 11:13 AM

The new CAN Tool changes should work for the F10 also in terms of functioning as a *****.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Car: 2012 F10 520i
Default 09-03-2012, 05:14 AM

Hi Terry, it has been 2 months now, when do you expect an update in firmware? Hope to hear from you soon, thanks
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2012, 08:09 AM

The N20 S1 tuning has been working well, so no firmware updates are expected at the moment.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Default 09-30-2012, 07:08 AM

hey terry, will this also work on the n26? carb states are starting to get this instead of the n20
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2012, 09:10 AM

Yes, also N26 compatible!

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Car: bmw 328i F30
Default 10-13-2012, 03:18 PM

hi terry, im kinda new here i just bought the n20 ecu i already got afe filter and scoop so i was wondering for a quick reference in the user adjustment about the numbers which should i change and what are the max safest settings and what do these stand for " TMAP, MAF, Target min. max, PWM Cap, PWM Min " last thing can i set boost over stock to over 5 psi ? i'll be thnkful for the help guys
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2012, 03:21 PM

Nothing should be changed unless you have a 320. In which case email me for those settings.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Car: bmw 328i F30
Default 10-13-2012, 03:30 PM

no my car is 328i so the scoop doesn't affect the performance cuz i noticed on 3 rpm the car feels like it's being pulled to the back
and ya i wanted to ask about 320 too cuz my friend will get bms for his 320 in a week so what's your recommendation
(#67)
Old

Car: 2013 X1 M-sport s28i
Default 10-17-2012, 11:57 AM

are the units for the N20 still in Beta testing (USB cable included)? is the throttle map adjusted for more response offline (lots of stock throttle lag unless you mash the pedal)? any chance or remapping the transmission more aggressive than sport?
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 11:59 AM

USB cable is no longer included and it's no longer considered BETA. Throttle response is improved vs. stock. No transmission changes can be made.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Car: 2013 X1 M-sport s28i
Default 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM

gotcha, has anyone reported back that they have been to the dealer and no tuner codes were detected after removal of the unit?
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 02:07 PM

Sure. But if you are concerned with codes get the BT or CAN Tool.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM

Hi Terry, is it going to work on 320i? If yes, do you have any data?
(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Yes, we've done a few 320s now. Get the USB cable to load those special settings. No dyno charts, though. Delta is similar though to the 328 dyno.

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Car: Z4 e89 n20 sdrive20i
Default 10-19-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, we've done a few 320s now. Get the USB cable to load those special settings. No dyno charts, though. Delta is similar though to the 328 dyno.
Hi Terry remember to send me an email if you have new settings for my z4 20i as i think is the same version of the 320.... thanks paolo
(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2012, 03:14 PM

Send a datalog and we'll review.

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Just as an update for those of you using race gas, you may raise the boost limit up from the default +3psi to +6psi. You'll need to use your BMS USB cable and the Stage1 interface in the first post to make these changes.

Burger Motorsports