N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2012, 10:33 PM

Not able to get out for some full 1/4 mile testing, but did get to my private 0-60mph test strip for some VBOX runs. The car is surprisingly quick stock and even quicker with the Stage1 tuning in place!

*** EDIT *** Added a little more power up top on the tuning end and it really paid off. 4.9 0-60!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default N20 - 04-06-2012, 07:07 AM

Thats called Awesomeness

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2012, 09:17 AM

Made a few tuning changes that paid off. Updated 0-60 post!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: '07 335i MT
Default 04-07-2012, 10:26 AM

Very impressive gains! it responds very well to tuning

SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA **, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF **, Fuel-it st2
installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2012, 11:42 PM

Updated first post with VBOX 1/4 mile results, along with the 0-60 and 0-100 results from those same runs.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Default 04-09-2012, 06:24 AM

damn thats awesome
(#32)
Old

Car: F30 335i Sportline on order
Default 04-12-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335R1
Pretty please something for the F30 N55....
I second this.
(#33)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN
I second this.
I third this!

Selling my E92 to get into a F30 M Sport....
(#34)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 05-15-2012, 02:20 PM

Would be a fun motor for a light off-road vehicle! Do they make the X1 with this motor and an off-road package?

(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2012, 01:12 PM

Some updates here but won't be able to post em until next week!

On X1 we need to get one for testing but expect everything to port over.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 05-16-2012, 01:22 PM

Someone please get this man an F30 335. Please. I refuse to put new wheels on my car until I can at least get a jb4 in there.
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM

Yes, free tune for anyone with an F30 that can bring it by the office for an hour or two.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 05-21-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Some updates here but won't be able to post em until next week!

On X1 we need to get one for testing but expect everything to port over.
updates?
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Ready for a couple local N20 testers. If you can make it over to Simi Valley email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 05-26-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Ready for a couple local N20 testers. If you can make it over to Simi Valley email me.
Travis just ordered a new X3 N20 should be here within a month or so.

11 335d M-sport JBD 12.3 @ 110.48
12 LEAF 106 MPGe
08 335i Sedan 11.11 @ 129.43
08 335i Coupe JB3 2.0 11.33 @ 132.77
60-130mph: 6.95 seconds
(#41)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 05-26-2012, 11:07 AM

i just ordered a 328i sport but it wont be here till july.....
(#42)
Old

Default 05-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Damn I wish the MB made that kind of power, Damn wastegate !
(#43)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 05-28-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution Racewerks
Hi all!

I'm proud to finally announce that our N20 ********* are officially out of testing stages and is now available to the public!

Key Features:

Now available for the 2012+ BMW 328i N20 Engines!
Horsepower gains of 14 to 16whp average (gains will vary based on modifications of your vehicle).
Higher Max Horsepower Power Curve
Torque gains of 16wtq average (stock boost) up to over 24 wtq (Software upgrade) (gains will vary based on modifications of your vehicle).
Higher Intial Torque Curve. Torque curve hits faster and higher and longer.
Better throttle response and faster turbo spool up times.
Mandrel Bent 4" piping. Smooth transition to the exhaust system.
100% Stainless Steel Construction
100% TIG welded for better quality welds
Precision CNC machined turbocharger V-Band flange.
Stainless steel flex section like factory that allows proper exhaust movement and flexibility.
Mirror polish or brush finish
Available with high temperature black thermal coating to reduce underhood temperatures.[*]Optional - Additional O2 sensor bung for wideband O2 sensors (comes with pre-installed plug)
Optional EGT sensor bung for EGT gauges (comes with pre-installed plug)
Compatible with the factory or aftermarket exhaust systems.
Track tested durability.
Includes all hardware for complete installation.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Restrictions in the exhaust system robs horsepower and torque especially on turbocharged cars. Thus, removing as much exhaust flow restrictions will increase horsepower and torque significantly. The factory catalytic converter found in the factory ******** is a big culprit of this and is a major exhaust flow restriction. The factory catalytic converter is made up of catalyst material formed into "honeycomb" weaves. Exhaust gas must pass through these tiny "honeycomb" weaves on their way to the exhaust system thus causing a major exhaust flow restriction. It also causes turbulence after the catalytic converter which causes the exhaust flow to slow down (which increases restriction). By replacing the factory ********/catalytic converter with our Competition Series 4" ******* ********, more power is unleashed! Our dyno testing has shown around 14-16whp average peak gains and upwards of 24wtq peak gains! While peak horsepower is nice, for dyno charts, what's more important is the power curve. If you look at the dyno charts, torque hits MUCH earlier and harder. The torque curve is BROADER throughout the RPM band. More usable power. This equates to faster turbo spool up (less turbocharger lag) and better throttle response. You will feel the difference instantly.

Blue Line - Stock Baseline

Red Line - BMS JB4 Tuning

Green Line - BMS JB4 Tuning with Evolution Racewerk ********

Our Competition Series ******* ********* is constructed out of 100% 304 grade stainless steel and utilize mandrel bent piping. They are 100% TIG welded by our in house fabricators and built in the USA. The factory turbocharger turbine housing utilizes a 4" V-Band flange which we have CNC machined cut out of billet 304 stainless steel. Stainless Steel CNC machined O2 sensor and laser cut brackets are TIG welded using stainless steel rods. The O2 sensor is positioned at the factory location.

Stainless Steel CNC Machined O2 Sensor Bungs and Laser Cut Brackets

The factory ******** utilizes a flex bellow section that allows the exhaust system to move. This eliminates undue stress on the exhaust components like the exhaust system, ********, turbocharger and exhaust manifold. Many of our competitors do not feel it is important to keep this. While you do not see any adverse affects right away, over time, the stresses caused by not having a flex section and having a rigid exhaust system will cause premature wear and tear. Any stress failures like cracks will form quicker than usual on exhaust manifolds and exhaust components. Also, without a flex section, the exhaust system cannot properly deflect impact. Especially on lowered cars, whenever the exhaust system contacts the ground, the entire system gets pushed up. Without a flex, you can imagine how much stress is put into exhaust components like the exhaust manifold when the exhaust is pushed upwards. We fully understand that durability of our products is important. Thus, like BMW, we incorporate a flex section into our ********. Our flex sections are 100% stainless steel (cheap flex sections only have stainless steel center braids and steel caps) to ensure corrosion resistance.

100% Stainless Steel Flex Bellow Section

OPTIONS

Ceramic Thermal Coating - The purpose of ceramic coating ********* is to keep heat from the exhaust gases inside the ******** from radiating out. This keeps underhood temperatures lower and less heat absortion by nearby parts/surfaces. Another added benefit is that by keeping in heat (energy) in the exhaust gases inside the ********, exhaust flow velocities stay up, resulting in lower backpressure. The ceramic coating also adds additonal corrosion resistance. We utilize the best ceramic coating possible. Our thermal coating can resist up to 2000F of heat. It is available in black only (all the other colors cannot withstand heat that high).

Additional O2 Sensor Bung - An additional O2 sensor bung can be added so that you can easily add a wideband o2 sensor and gauges so that you can monitor air/fuel ratios. The additional O2 sensor bung will come pre-installed with a plug so that you do not need to run the o2 sensor right away.

Optional EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) Bung - An additional 1/8" NPT bung can be added so that you can easily add a EGT sensor and gauge. The optional EGT sensor bung will come pre-installed with a plug so that you do not need to run the EGT sensor right away.

First two and last pictures are the stock *********.
update.....if i may...
(#44)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM

we need a n20 specific section in the forum....
(#45)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Default 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM

So an N20 with JB4+** provides as much power and torque as a stock N55. Wow...
(#46)
Old

Car: 2007 335i coupe
Default 05-28-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancejat
we need a n20 specific section in the forum....
+1
It's great to see the development starting to roll out (besides the hard work going on at BMS of course )

2007 E92 N54, JB4 G5 ISO W/ BMS Flash, RB Turbos, Meth W/ FSB & CM10, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, CPE FMIC, AR Design CLDP's, ** Fix, Quaife LSD
(#47)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 05-28-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330
So an N20 with JB4+** provides as much power and torque as a stock N55. Wow...
and weighs less....i wanna see a race/vbox comparo between a tuned n20 vs a stock n54/n55....i bet a 328i with tune and ******** might be able to squeak out a 12 sec vbox pass...
(#48)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Default 05-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancejat
and weighs less....i wanna see a race/vbox comparo between a tuned n20 vs a stock n54/n55....
With the new 8 spd auto it will probably have an advantage on torque multiplication as well a being lighter as you mention...There is going to be some shocked 335i owners out there HAHAHAHA, "how the hell did a 328i beat me, i bought the faster model!" hahahaha, I cant wait to see the videos...

0-60 in 4.9 w/o the **, since the ** helps with spool up,response, and power that could drop further...pretty amazing.
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2012, 04:07 PM

Yes we have the ER ******** on the car. Results were impressive for a simple bolt on! With the Stage1 + ******** we're at 335i performance levels or faster. Hope to get some more VBOX runs soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 05-28-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Yes we have the ER ******** on the car. Results were impressive for a simple bolt on! With the Stage1 + ******** we're at 335i performance levels or faster. Hope to get some more VBOX runs soon.
How hard is the install compared to the n54?