N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Smile 11-20-2010, 05:03 PM

From the data released this far, it looks like it will be more powerful. The jb4 monitors timing in addition to many other things which enables us to push more power if timing is good. There will be less maps to choose from but les of a need sure to more auto tuning options. Auto tuning is letting the chip decide how much boost,etc. Based on a multitude of conditions. Such as timing, temperatures, etc.

I think it will definitely feel even stronger than jb3...

I can't wait!

Beta is going to be fun!
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesalg
got you....So im reading on the differences and all. And it sounds like there will be a lot more features and its got some more processing power. But what difference will I feel in terms of driving, how the car drives and power? Are the maps still going to be similar?
It will be stronger and more consistent, with less lag, smoother performance, and better safety. All in all the G3 is a great tune but the JB4 takes it to the next level.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 11-20-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo135
From the data released this far, it looks like it will be more powerful. The jb4 monitors timing in addition to many other things which enables us to push more power if timing is good. There will be less maps to choose from but les of a need sure to more auto tuning options. Auto tuning is letting the chip decide how much boost,etc. Based on a multitude of conditions. Such as timing, temperatures, etc.

I think it will definitely feel even stronger than jb3...

I can't wait!

Beta is going to be fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It will be stronger and more consistent, with less lag, smoother performance, and better safety. All in all the G3 is a great tune but the JB4 takes it to the next level.
thank you guys. Like i said sign me up!!!
(#29)
Old

Car: '09 E90
Default 11-20-2010, 06:06 PM

Yessss! That means the beta thread is right around the corner. I cannot wait.
(#30)
Old

Car: GT3 RS
Default 11-21-2010, 12:42 AM

this is what we all have been waiting for, the JB4 !!!

CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT OUT !!
(#31)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 11-21-2010, 03:16 AM

So how does it work for the unit swap? You mail us the G4 first and we send back the G3? Please sign me up for the beta testing can't wait to get it !!!
(#32)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 11-21-2010, 10:30 AM

kinda wish i havnt heard about this so soon cause now i cant wait lol. Where is the sign up list? I'm ready to swap this sucker out!!!
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongen71
So how does it work for the unit swap? You mail us the G4 first and we send back the G3? Please sign me up for the beta testing can't wait to get it !!!
We haven't finalized those details yet. Probably a core swap. e.g. you pay $50 extra and get it back after you return your old board. We did that with the G3 upgrade and it worked well.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#34)
Old
ElevenPointFive

Car: 2009 135i
Default 11-21-2010, 11:00 AM

So jacked!

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 6MT - Midnight Blue
Cobb Stage 1

2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE
(#35)
Old

Car: 2010 E92 335i
Default 11-21-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
We haven't finalized those details yet. Probably a core swap. e.g. you pay $50 extra and get it back after you return your old board. We did that with the G3 upgrade and it worked well.
I did this when i upgraded from G2 to G3 and it was a painless process. I want my G4!!

(#36)
Old

Car: e91 335i
Default 11-21-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
5 more alpha systems going out today. Will bring us up to around 25 out there once they all get installed. After the holiday it transfers over to the production crew so we can start cranking out some volume. And not a moment too soon!
if you need help producing the pcba, let me know. I have my own factory in china.
(#37)
Old
Country Roads!

Default 11-22-2010, 06:21 AM

I would love to be part of the beta or alpha group. I have my own Dynojet and everything. Only problem is that my engineering day job has me so busy that I would not be able to do the amount of test needed to make it worthwhile for Terry and Co.

Mods: FBO
(#38)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 11-22-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_M
if you need help producing the pcba, let me know. I have my own factory in china.
What else can you make?

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#39)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 11-22-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2
I would love to be part of the beta or alpha group. I have my own Dynojet and everything. Only problem is that my engineering day job has me so busy that I would not be able to do the amount of test needed to make it worthwhile for Terry and Co.
i remember when 2.0 was in beta, i could only manage 3-4 pulls a day, so im sure if you could do that,it prove to be beneficial.
(#40)
Old

Car: e92 n54 xi
Default 11-22-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
i remember when 2.0 was in beta, i could only manage 3-4 pulls a day, so im sure if you could do that,it prove to be beneficial.
lucky bastard lol....i was doing 4 pulls per map (1-7) when i beta'd 2.0
(#41)
Old
Country Roads!

Default 11-22-2010, 02:05 PM

How do you guys fine the time. By the time I leave the office, go home, eat dinner...it's time to go back into work the next day and start all over. LOL!

Mods: FBO
(#42)
Old

Car: e92 n54 xi
Default 11-22-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2
How do you guys fine the time. By the time I leave the office, go home, eat dinner...it's time to go back into work the next day and start all over. LOL!
I did my pulls between 11pm-1am and brought my datalogging co-pilot aka "mrs darkcyd," with me to do the physical logging so all I had to do was pull after pull...after pull. lol

Most I've done, since all my runs were done consecutively with 5 min. cool down times between map changes was 20+ in an hour. My wife kept asking if we were done yet. She's been a good sport. Best part is now she's a datalogging veteran so she asks if im ready and gets set up and knows exactly what to do.
(#43)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcyd335xi
... She's been a good sport. Best part is now she's a datalogging veteran so she asks if im ready and gets set up and knows exactly what to do.
That is awesome. My wife just rolls her eyes at this "guy" stuff
(#44)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 11-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcyd335xi
lucky bastard lol....i was doing 4 pulls per map (1-7) when i beta'd 2.0
lol, well, map 7 was the lowest i was on when doing it. and that only lasted a day or 2. after that it was all custom, well , because im different.

but as for time, i found a road near work, i would leave early do a few pulls, email. Go to work, when leaving, i would do the same, do a few on the way home. on off days, i would go out do a few, email, go about my day, in the evening same thing, go out for a few. or if the mrs was with me, and we were on our way somewhere, id make her do the F2-F7-ENTER-F1
(#45)
Old
Outlaw

Car: 135i
Default 11-22-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Alpha testing is quite a bit of work! Are you willing to run at least a dozen 1/4mile and 0-130mph runs on your car a week? And after firmware updates, doing it again, run after run to see the differences? When all is said and done, I will have well over a 100 qtr mile test runs in this test program.

I'm sure some testers are doing more everyday driving and short acceleration bursts, but pretty much all of my testing goes from 0-130+ to help those of you in the 1/4 mile department
Sounds good to me... i was averaging that much a week in track runs and street races.... plus i'll have it all on video for the masses to see how much the G4 OWNS ALL!!!!
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2010, 06:05 PM

Finally got the meth flow input working. Up next progressive mapping!

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old
Call da Ambalamps

Car: 621whp/600tq MK4 Jetta and 135i
Default 11-22-2010, 06:10 PM

what exactly does the graph illustrate for meth? I realize its the progressive flow, but what numbers correspond to what on the graph?
(#48)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 11-22-2010, 06:13 PM

nice, another question Terry. when data logging what gear is best to be in (manual) ?
Quote:
Finally got the meth flow input working. Up next progressive mapping!
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2010, 06:15 PM

For the 0-100% parameters (tps, throttle, meth flow, etc) the bottom is 0 and the top (or 7000 rpm) is 100%. It's mapped at 0-100% = 0 to 2000ml/min of meth flow based on the CMGS/VC2 (.1v per 100ml/min) calibration. But we'll have a variable in there that lets you calibrate it for other systems if you're not using a CMGS/VC2.

Biggest thing is now with meth flow as an analog input we can implement the progressive mapping we've always wanted. I need to work out the math but maybe perhaps something like 1/2psi per 100ml/min up to 18psi or the user defined or autotuned limit.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwowner619
nice, another question Terry. when data logging what gear is best to be in (manual) ?
Just depends what you are trying to figure out... But normally 3rd gear 2-7k is a good range. And some hard shifts.

Burger Motorsports