N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 09-12-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusbetaX
hmm....not that i think about it car does feel little weird. How do i force the technician to perform the update? I cleared the code and now they wont do nothing about it. Is there a way to induce to the code obviously without harming any of the components? The Infiniti dealership does not listen to me at all. Next closest is 1.5 hours away?
Mine wouldn't do it either unless I had the CEL so I put the AEM intake back on and got it right away.
(#727)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 SilverSport 3.0T
Default 09-12-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourg63
Mine wouldn't do it either unless I had the CEL so I put the AEM intake back on and got it right away.
I dont have that intake and im not looking to buy the AEM intake as Terry is coming out soon with his intake. would disconnecting the intake issue an alert?
(#728)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-12-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
hmm....not that i think about it car does feel little weird. How do i force the technician to perform the update? I cleared the code and now they wont do nothing about it. Is there a way to induce to the code obviously without harming any of the components? The Infiniti dealership does not listen to me at all. Next closest is 1.5 hours away?
Maybe take the stock filter off and start the car.
(#729)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
will this damage the car in anyway? of course the car will parked and in a dry area.
(#730)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
I wouldn't do that. You don't want anything getting sucked in while you're idling. Chances are it won't throw a code either. Check to see if the codes are being stored in the ECM as pending and show the dealer.
(#731)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourg63
I wouldn't do that. You don't want anything getting sucked in while you're idling. Chances are it won't throw a code either. Check to see if the codes are being stored in the ECM as pending and show the dealer.
I had them check for them. The code checker that i used showed the VIN and code for the car, as well as the pending status, but the guy wouldn't except it. He took the car for literally 30 minutes and came back to tell me that the codes were not being displayed in there machine.
(#732)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I had them check for them. The code checker that i used showed the VIN and code for the car, as well as the pending status, but the guy wouldn't except it. He took the car for literally 30 minutes and came back to tell me that the codes were not being displayed in there machine.
Unfortunately Infiniti is not very proactive so I'm not surprised. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a while to erase some of the learned behavior stored in the computer system? It may help. You'll have to setup your infotainment and driving aids again but it's worth a shot.
(#733)
Old

Car: Q50 3.0t
Default 09-12-2017, 05:36 PM

Hi Terry was wondering also once I got my boost safety saved at +5 on map3 & I get out of the jb4 mobile app it's always gonna be at that boost & map3 when I turn off my car & back on ?
(#734)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 09-12-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeQ50
Hi Terry was wondering also once I got my boost safety saved at +5 on map3 & I get out of the jb4 mobile app it's always gonna be at that boost & map3 when I turn off my car & back on ?
It does save settings. Even if it's disconnected from the car.
(#735)
Old

Car: Q50 3.0t
Default 09-12-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonviper
It does save settings. Even if it's disconnected from the car.
Thank you for the info! I don't need the app up & running anymore when I'm driving
(#736)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 09-13-2017, 07:04 AM

Hi all, just joined to follow this thread. Can't wait for more info on the JB4, as the JB1 looks promising.
I did have a a thought, earlier on Terry mentioned a physical switch to control the JB1 to change the Map settings without a controller might be possible. Is there anyway to tie this into the Drive Select switch? Do you know if direct access to this signal is in the CANBUS so you can feed the JB4 off of what it is at and select a corresponding Map? Or if not, could you tap something to the selector signal itself, for example, a counter that reads the switch inputs, and starts at 3 (for a redsport), one click up to Sport moves the counter to 4, two clicks to 5 is Sport+ and 3 clicks to 6 is Personal, then if you click down 3 you are back to 3 and Standard, and down one is Eco, to 2 and down one more is Snow at 1. You could then have a logic circuit that says at input 3 you switch to Map1, input 4 to Map2, etc... and feed this signal to the JB1/4 to change the Maps. I would really be interested in having a +0 Boost at Standard , but when i go to Sport or Personal, go to say +3 Boost, and Sport+ at +4 Boost. Not sure if this is feasible, but just thinking out loud.
(#737)
Old
Driver

Car: 2016 Infinti Q50 3.0t (300 hp) AWD
Default 09-13-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonianToro
Hi all, just joined to follow this thread. Can't wait for more info on the JB4, as the JB1 looks promising.
I did have a a thought, earlier on Terry mentioned a physical switch to control the JB1 to change the Map settings without a controller might be possible. Is there anyway to tie this into the Drive Select switch? Do you know if direct access to this signal is in the CANBUS so you can feed the JB4 off of what it is at and select a corresponding Map? ...
I would really be interested in having a +0 Boost at Standard , but when i go to Sport or Personal, go to say +3 Boost, and Sport+ at +4 Boost. Not sure if this is feasible, but just thinking out loud.
That would be great. Going to Sport mode would be like Mad Max flipping on his supercharger!

2016 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
BMS JB4

Last edited by 4doorGTR; 09-13-2017 at 07:47 AM..
(#738)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2017, 08:19 AM

Yes, we could do something like that. But I've always preferred to tie the power output to the obvious control interface. The gas pedal.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#739)
Old

Default 09-13-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, we could do something like that. But I've always preferred to tie the power output to the obvious control interface. The gas pedal.
If you could do this that would mean we could easily change between 93 octane and e30 without issues. Flip of the switch and no need for hassling with other components. Very intrigued by this idea.
(#740)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2017, 06:01 PM

You can do that with JB4 mobile anyway. But, what you really need is in dash map switching. That's a stable JB4 feature, but might take some time to sort out on this platform. Definitely something we'll be working on though.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#741)
Old

Default 09-13-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
You can do that with JB4 mobile anyway. But, what you really need is in dash map switching. That's a stable JB4 feature, but might take some time to sort out on this platform. Definitely something we'll be working on though.
Have to get around to buying that module. Any day now, really tired of hooking up a laptop to switch everything.
(#742)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 09-13-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Have to get around to buying that module. Any day now, really tired of hooking up a laptop to switch everything.
if you have an android, you can just buy the OTG cable with the female USB and download the app from the play store and just have the wire run through the car and you can always hook it up to the phone to make any changes.. that's what I did. got an android phone, ordered the OTG cable on amazon and downloaded the jb4 app and now instead of having to bring the laptop I do everything through my phone, so much more convenient

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#743)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default 09-14-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry...

As you might have already guessed, a lot of folks are eager to find out more about the JB4. Can you comment on what you envision will change to the cars performance vs. the JB1 - say on a 300hp Silver Sport? I.E: would the Dyno more replicate that of a RS, or even a EcuTek tuned car? More power in general vs. JB1 (More TQ under 4500K as an example)?

I'm also cool with the answer "stop bugging me and wait" LOL
(#744)
Old

Default 09-14-2017, 08:21 AM

Terry, how can I check if I am over boosting? I know I have it on +6, but people been telling me when you run lower ** or intakes you have to watch the boost level, how do I check it? thanks

-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#745)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2017, 08:39 AM

You data log boost?

Burger Motorsports

(#746)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecker
Hi Terry...

As you might have already guessed, a lot of folks are eager to find out more about the JB4. Can you comment on what you envision will change to the cars performance vs. the JB1 - say on a 300hp Silver Sport? I.E: would the Dyno more replicate that of a RS, or even a EcuTek tuned car? More power in general vs. JB1 (More TQ under 4500K as an example)?
Peak power is more or less limited by the octane, boost levels, and risk tolerance. But with the JB4 we'll have a lot more flexibility with the performance mapping and will be able to offer stronger better driving maps to suit a variety of tastes. A higher torque map will be among those options.

Burger Motorsports

(#747)
Old

Default 09-14-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
You data log boost?
got cha... now to data log boost, do I need to do a 3rd gear pull around 2,000 RPMs? I'm not exactly sure how it works to do a correct data log, please explain thanks in advance

-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#748)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2017, 08:52 AM

Press record, do a 1/4 mile run or whatever you want to evaluate, then look at boost on chart. It's fairly simply stuff.

Logging is veer limited on the Stage1 so all you can see is boost. With the JB4 upgrade kit you'll see a lot more.

Burger Motorsports

(#749)
Old

Default 09-14-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Press record, do a 1/4 mile run or whatever you want to evaluate, then look at boost on chart. It's fairly simply stuff.

Logging is veer limited on the Stage1 so all you can see is boost. With the JB4 upgrade kit you'll see a lot more.
oh ok... but does the 3rd gear pull matter in this situation, OR should I just basically floor it all the way to a certain gear?

-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#750)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 09-14-2017, 09:20 AM

Question for Terry or anyone else that can answer, I currently have JB1 on my RS400 running just the default @ +3 psi. Will Cam2 100 octane be a sufficient alternate to E85 mix?? I would like run +4 psi