N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#11126)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Hexon 550 or rr600 - 12-07-2017, 07:51 AM

I know I know you guys are going to tell me about Hexon and I know they are out of business but I have my own project going and want some upgraded turbos for dirt cheap. If there is anyone selling a set please inbox me. Before you ask I can buy what I want and I have my own reasons for buying them ... thanks
(#11127)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 12-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1rudebwoy
I know I know you guys are going to tell me about Hexon and I know they are out of business but I have my own project going and want some upgraded turbos for dirt cheap. If there is anyone selling a set please inbox me. Before you ask I can buy what I want and I have my own reasons for buying them ... thanks
How about start by posting in the right forum section?
(#11128)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-09-2017, 04:52 PM

Hello,
Quote:
Terry @ BMS
I am new on JB4 and BAF from Terry

1. Can I use the BC button or jb4 Bluetooth connect kit to change map while I am cursing or on the highway? Is this safe?

2. Another question, Last week I use MHD auto logging with JB4 installed , Suddenly my car shut down and throw over boost code. It seems like I can not use MHD logging anymore or something wrong with my car? I mean I came from MHD tune to JB4 because it's more safe as everyone recommend.

3. Finally, Do I need to completely uninstall MHD in order to use jb4 with BAF. Or I can flash with MHD stock map and run with JB4 with BAF. So far, I am running MHD stock map with JB4 BAF from Terry without any issues but I want to know the right way.

Many thanks,
(#11129)
Old

Car: 08 E93 N54
Default 12-27-2017, 01:57 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if the feature introduced in G5_ISO_32_5 that automatically switch map to 0 when an OBD flashing unit is detected can be turned off ? I was trying to use a Banks Power iDash 1.8 super gauge to monitor some parameters but JB4 thinks it's a flashing unit.

Link to Banks iDash 1.8" gauge

Thanks.
(#11130)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 12-27-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsprjs
Hi,

I was wondering if the feature introduced in G5_ISO_32_5 that automatically switch map to 0 when an OBD flashing unit is detected can be turned off ? I was trying to use a Banks Power iDash 1.8 super gauge to monitor some parameters but JB4 thinks it's a flashing unit.

Thanks.
It's not about flash device or not flash device, as far as I know anything that connect to OBD and takes reading from the ECU will confuse the ECU and JB4 readings

09 E92 335i - GULF Version, Hot-Climate Version, Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT with Xhp stage 2 flash, JB4 - Map 3 - MHD BMS Race Flash with modified Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N drop in Filter - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" **'s - BMS Water/Meth 40/60 VP Racing M1 with 70 adder
(#11131)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsprjs
Hi,

Thanks.
The JB4 needs exclusive data from the DME to work properly, so it turns off if anything in OBDII port requests data from the DME.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11132)
Old

Car: 08 E93 N54
Default 12-27-2017, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the instant replies
(#11133)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Question 01-10-2018, 07:43 AM

2 minor issues with JB4 on my E60:

1) gauge needles have never quite lined up the way Iím thinking they should, but they are close. Iíve tried all the resets, changing away from/back to 535, etc., nothing has fixed it. Pic provided of map 6.

2) canít seem to get the can flap(?) double-exhaust-tips-open (all the time) setting to ďstickĒ. I set it, it works, then soon after that itís back to single tip output.

Anyone else have these issues or is it just me?

Thanks.

// Radar //

Name:  C5DCFBC5-ADAF-43B8-975C-843ED275D9F6.jpeg
Views: 467
Size:  65.8 KB

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#11134)
Old

Car: bmw e91 335ia
Default 01-10-2018, 08:24 AM

I noticed that my Can flap stays open when in Jb4 menu
Ie. Orange dash board.
I Press minus on volumen
To go Down the menu to escape.
When at Map ie 0 still Sound from both exhausts
Then minus one more time to exit = no more Can flap
Sound from both
(#11135)
Old

Car: 2011 335is, JB4 w/dci
Default Best way to run on 335is with dci - 01-10-2018, 04:15 PM

What is the best map, and settings to have for a 335is M/T with dci and 93octane
(#11136)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M Sport
Default 01-11-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarContact
2 minor issues with JB4 on my E60:

1) gauge needles have never quite lined up the way Iím thinking they should, but they are close. Iíve tried all the resets, changing away from/back to 535, etc., nothing has fixed it. Pic provided of map 6.

2) canít seem to get the can flap(?) double-exhaust-tips-open (all the time) setting to ďstickĒ. I set it, it works, then soon after that itís back to single tip output.

Anyone else have these issues or is it just me?

Thanks.

// Radar //
You'll never get the tach needles to line up correctly in an E60. That's been an issue since I purchased my JB4 5+ years ago. The CANflap used to work, but maybe the recent "toggle" change wasn't tested with an E60 and broke the functionality. Regardless, opening the flap in an E60 is a 30 second job -- you just have to move one vacuum line in the trunk. See this thread: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20709

2010 535i M Sport - Platinum Gray/Dakota Black/Anthracite Bamboo
Premium, Value, Cold Weather, Sport Auto, Navigation, Satellite, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Fold Down Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side Airbags, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, ER Charge Pipe, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 160 LED angel eyes
(#11137)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 01-12-2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL
You'll never get the tach needles to line up correctly in an E60. That's been an issue since I purchased my JB4 5+ years ago. The CANflap used to work, but maybe the recent "toggle" change wasn't tested with an E60 and broke the functionality. Regardless, opening the flap in an E60 is a 30 second job -- you just have to move one vacuum line in the trunk. See this thread: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20709
Thanks DanL, that sure saves me a lot of trial and error, error, error, error...lol.

I’ll check out that post right now...I can’t sleep anyways...

V/r
// Radar //

EDIT: Just read it...good stuff and well explained.

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve

Last edited by RadarContact; 01-12-2018 at 12:38 AM..
(#11138)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilusz
What is the best map, and settings to have for a 335is M/T with dci and 93octane
Normally map 2.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11139)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 01-18-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Normally map 2.
Hi Terry, few newbie questions hope you can help.
a) for 93 would your recommend race bef or pump bef?
b) bef map 2 targets boost of 17psi, so adding 30% E85 would still get same boost that said does E85 help to make more power vs pump gas in this case?
thanks!
(#11140)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default Dyno Results After Inlets/Outlets JB4- MHD BEF - 01-20-2018, 09:04 AM

Hi Guys:

Installed the inlets and outlets and ran on the "heartbreak" Mustang Dynamometer. Map 7 with 100% meth, no water. HP was just about 400 to the wheel and torque was 482. Not too bad, but I think my boost is not hitting the target. Can you view my logs and let me know if I am getting the most out of the setup? I put the FF to 80, however it worked its way up to 134.

Please let me know your thoughts as I may have inputted a wrong value on user adjustment on the JB4. Thanks so much!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 180120_0957run1.csv (15.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv 180120_1002run2.csv (14.3 KB, 13 views)
(#11141)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 01-22-2018, 02:55 PM

Do I need an inline booster fuel pump, in addition to the Walbro 450 I have to achieve the 18.5psi peak boost Terry presented on the map definitions?

Thanks for your help!
(#11142)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp335
Hi Terry, few newbie questions hope you can help.
a) for 93 would your recommend race bef or pump bef?
b) bef map 2 targets boost of 17psi, so adding 30% E85 would still get same boost that said does E85 help to make more power vs pump gas in this case?
thanks!
Generally PUMP for 93 octane. But if you plan to also mix in E85 from time to time, definitely RACE.

Basically E85 makes everything better. 30% is no problem on maps 1, 2, or 5. On any back end flash or even stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#11143)
Old

Car: BMW 335 e92
Default 01-24-2018, 06:43 AM

Hello guys! How can i change the power of BMS WMI Pump? (Maybe some power switches on it) In my opinion flow is too weak, but 100% power on oil gauge. Thanks.

Moscow, Russia.
2008 e92 335i: jb4 g5iso+MHD BEF, vrsf reloc.inlets, Wagner, Eisenmann Race exhaust, BMS wmi kit
(#11144)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 01-25-2018, 05:28 PM

I searched and could not find an answer, so sorry if this has been covered ...

On Map 3, boost additive range is 0-75, but I noticed Im able to set it higher, i.e.76. is that actually read by jb4 to increase over 75?

I would normally test it, but Im not currently able to drive car and log to see if boost is actually higher when set >75.

2009 535i Sport
Software: JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
Hardware: GC Lites | Inlets | Outlet | 3" D-P's | 7" FMIC | S2 LPFP | TBI | DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD

(#11145)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2018, 06:03 PM

We extend the range up in some applications allowing 80 or even 90 additives. At some point it will cap though. The cap depends on the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#11146)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 01-26-2018, 10:59 AM

Hey if I use map 6 but want to start using WMI, is there a safety feature to kick it into map 4 based on an external signal from a WMI controller? If not, is there a feature similar to this?

Last edited by tim603; 01-26-2018 at 11:10 AM..
(#11147)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim603
Hey if I use map 6 but want to start using WMI, is there a safety feature to kick it into map 4 based on an external signal from a WMI controller? If not, is there a feature similar to this?
Yes one of the meth safety options allows it to operate on all maps, cutting boost, if meth drops below your preset value for more than a second under boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#11148)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Yes one of the meth safety options allows it to operate on all maps, cutting boost, if meth drops below your preset value for more than a second under boost.
Nice! A couple more questions... can you confirm if my info below is correct and help with the info I am having trouble finding? Thank you!

-Where to connect the wire?
-Based on my research I believe I need to hook the WMI controller fault condition signal wire to pin#15 on the JB4 DB25 connector. Is that right?

-What settings to change in JB4 Bluetooth App?
-FUE: 0?
-FUB: 2?
-How to set what boost is cut to?
-How to set trigger for unsafe condition?
-(my WMI controller can send "ON" signal or 100% duty if unsafe conditions occur. Other settings may be available if that will not work)
(#11149)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 12:27 PM

Make sure your app is updated as FUE and FUB references are no longer valid references.

Meth setup options are as follows:

Quote:

*Meth Safety Mode All Versions

0 - Raise boost on map3 as a function of meth flow & historic timing (default)
1 - Raise boost on map3 as a function of meth flow only
2 - Start at normal target and failsafe IF flow drops below flow level for 1 second under boost. Enabled for all maps.
3 - When on map3 meth flow is completely ignored. Useful for using map3 as an adjustable non-meth map.
4 - Run a progressive meth safety on all maps

*Meth Trigger Mode All Versions

0 - Meth flows on maps 3, 6, and 7 (default operation)
1 - Meth flows on all maps
2 - Meth flows on map 3 only
3 - Meth is disabled on all maps

Burger Motorsports

(#11150)
Old

Default 01-26-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Make sure your app is updated as FUE and FUB references are no longer valid references.

Meth setup options are as follows:
Got it, so
Meth Safety Mode: 2
Meth Trigger Mode: 0

I have some more questions on my setup, is it best to keep asking questions here or can I email you/ someone direct? Or is there some else that can help?