N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-09-2018, 08:48 AM

We'll be using this on our M5 shortly so we will have some more data to follow.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802
Again:

how is the spray pattern or atomization compared to the tbi bete microwhirl nozzles you were using?
An injector will control flows much better so overall distribution will be much better. I.E. at low boost you won't have 1000cc of fuel being injected via the intake but instead it will be a linear distribution based on boost and RPM. However, an injector will not atomize as well as a nozzle so we'd suggest installing them as far upstream of the IAT sensor as possible if that is your objective.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#28)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-09-2018, 11:40 AM

I think this would be a nice setup paired with a single barrel shotgun
(#29)
Old

Car: 2010 E92 335
Default 07-09-2018, 04:52 PM

I have tbi and distribution is bad. I'm interested to see some logs showing trims before I buy this time. after installing race intercooler, inlets and outlet hp pump needs help on any mix above e40
(#30)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 07-09-2018, 06:33 PM

Steve, could you lend me some insight on how best to configure this with my stock fuel system? Do you just tap into the LPFP lines somewhere? I have upgraded turbo with no meth or PI or anything and this seems like it might be the way to go. I'm not quite sure how it all fits together on an otherwise stock system (N55 PWG motor). THanks!

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#31)
Old

Car: 2013 335i Xdrive Coupe
Default 07-09-2018, 06:59 PM

^Yeah it taps into LPFP line, but with much power over stock it will require an LPFP upgrade. I asked Steve a lot of questions via email today and just bought a lot of stuff, ugh. :D

I was bound and determined to spray something into my charge pipe to lower IAT, and I thought long term this would be less trouble than WMI, but with more initial work/price. Hope it works out!
(#32)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 07-09-2018, 07:38 PM

I am also in the market to affordablebly spray something pre TB not just to supplement fueling, but for cooler IAT! but correct me if I am wrong, wouldn't a nozzle be better than an injector? Nozzle would atomize better...would we see any improvement of IAT with the injector and e85 as opposed to a nozzle?

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* **, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.
(#33)
Old

Default 07-09-2018, 07:38 PM

So you install the LPFP as you normally would and then while you're replacing lines up in the engine bay you tap into the lines somehow and connect her to charge pipe meth bung and BAM ready to go

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#34)
Old

Default 07-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum996
I am also in the market to affordablebly spray something pre TB not just to supplement fueling, but for cooler IAT! but correct me if I am wrong, wouldn't a nozzle be better than an injector? Nozzle would atomize better...would we see any improvement of IAT with the injector and e85 as opposed to a nozzle?
I think it's been posted that a nozzle atomizes better. Personally I wouldn't expect E85 to cool better than methanol, just to cool significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
So you install the LPFP as you normally would and then while you're replacing lines up in the engine bay you tap into the lines somehow and connect her to charge pipe meth bung and BAM ready to go
You also need some kind of controller. I think if you want really low tech a hobbs switch, but I opted for BMS because I use JB4.
(#35)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 07-10-2018, 01:24 AM

I spoke to fuel it, yes you have to use a PI controller, but for my instance since I will use 1, maybe 2 injectors, fuel it will be coming out with their own more affordable controller in the future.. still awaiting a response on whether this will cool down the IAT to a certain degree, especially since this will use an injector instead of the nozzles like the TBI!

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* **, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.
(#36)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 07-10-2018, 07:19 AM

They already showed you guys how and where to tap the fuel line.

Quote:
To make a connection at the stock fuel source on most BMW's and a lot of other manufactures out there, we also needed to develop a fitting based on our Cam-Lock design so it was easy to install and is compatible with the awkward stock HPFP hard line. Consequently these are now available as well. It's a male 5/16" quick connect input with a female 5/16" output as well as an integrated -4an male flare fitting.
Wouldn't using an injector to feed a nozzle be the best of both worlds?

Injector for PWM control > Nozzle for atomization
(#37)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-10-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
They already showed you guys how and where to tap the fuel line.

Wouldn't using an injector to feed a nozzle be the best of both worlds?

Injector for PWM control > Nozzle for atomization
Injectors flow much more than most nozzles, so that would restrict it. Nozzles need about 120+ PSI for proper atomization, injectors need about 40 psi.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#38)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-10-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum996
I spoke to fuel it, yes you have to use a PI controller, but for my instance since I will use 1, maybe 2 injectors, fuel it will be coming out with their own more affordable controller in the future.. still awaiting a response on whether this will cool down the IAT to a certain degree, especially since this will use an injector instead of the nozzles like the TBI!
Yes, it will cool IAT if spraying in the CP.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old
Meth Addict

Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 07-10-2018, 08:46 PM

you think this would be the better route then meth spraying in charge pipe?Use this instead to spray in charge pipe?
(#40)
Old

Default 07-19-2018, 06:38 PM

Any N55s running this yet?!

(#41)
Old
Demigod

Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-19-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOosted 335i
you think this would be the better route then meth spraying in charge pipe?Use this instead to spray in charge pipe?
I think a lot of that comes down to personal preference & e85 availability in your area... we prefer e85 tho

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#42)
Old

Default 07-20-2018, 05:50 AM

Will backfires be an issue with this kit?

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#43)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 04:44 AM

bump for anyone that has installed this and is running it and for questions unanswered

(#44)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
bump for anyone that has installed this and is running it and for questions unanswered
I have it semi-installed, waiting on some parts. If I get it running I'll say how it went.
(#45)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-01-2018, 10:04 AM

Have had it running on my M5 for a couple weeks now. E50 blend no issues at all, this thing works so well coupled with JB4 PI controller.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Have had it running on my M5 for a couple weeks now. E50 blend no issues at all, this thing works so well coupled with JB4 PI controller.
Are you working up to full E85 or no?
(#47)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
We are doing this to my old M5 this weekend but went with the smaller injectors into the BMS CP. How hard was it to thread them into the A2W intercoolers?

Also, what PI pin configuration do I use for the JB4 on a s63Tu, Standard F series?

2011 BMW VO 1M | JB4 ISO | MHD | FuelIT Stage 1 | Spec Twin Disk | VSRF 335d CP w/ TiAL | AR D*P*S | MMP Relo Inlets | ETS IC | Slek Front Lip / Diffuser | Apex EC7 Wheels | KW HAS | N55 Mid + Y Pref | P3 | ADe Catch Can

Last edited by Six Pot; 08-01-2018 at 10:39 AM..
(#48)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi rpm
Are you working up to full E85 or no?
Yes, I did full e85 but car didn't like it much on stock flash. E50 is probably the max I'd do for stock flash and Jb4. With JB4+Flash full e85 is no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pot
We are doing this to my old M5 this weekend but went with the smaller injectors into the BMS CP. How hard was it to thread them into the A2W intercoolers?

Also, what PI pin configuration do I use for the JB4 on a s63Tu, Standard F series?
As long as you're using full e85 it'll be okay before the intercoolers in the CP.

Not hard at all! I didn't even remove them. I just pulled the intakes out, angle drill and tapped it.

Use the same pin configuration as the S55 F series, yes.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, I did full e85 but car didn't like it much on stock flash. E50 is probably the max I'd do for stock flash and Jb4. With JB4+Flash full e85 is no problem.

As long as you're using full e85 it'll be okay before the intercoolers in the CP.

Not hard at all! I didn't even remove them. I just pulled the intakes out, angle drill and tapped it.

Use the same pin configuration as the S55 F series, yes.
You rock! Ill post some pics and logs this weekend :-)

2011 BMW VO 1M | JB4 ISO | MHD | FuelIT Stage 1 | Spec Twin Disk | VSRF 335d CP w/ TiAL | AR D*P*S | MMP Relo Inlets | ETS IC | Slek Front Lip / Diffuser | Apex EC7 Wheels | KW HAS | N55 Mid + Y Pref | P3 | ADe Catch Can
(#50)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 08-10-2018, 03:22 AM

I see your running e85 thru an inner cooler, seeing that it's a lot more combustible that a meth/water mix, you find this ideal? It's hard to imagine that all that fuel is passing thru that,,is there any safety concerns doing this. All that fuel saturation that area, are you 100% that there is no pooling,or concerns of vapors being back drafted thru the turbos into the hot exhaust?. I'm sure this is a far fetched sanario, but seeing that your using an actual injector, there is a tremendous amount of fuel being pushed thru instead of a nozzle.