N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 08-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's taking forever to sort out this minor IAT sensor bug, since I'm only able to trigger the fault every few days. But we're closing in on it. Once resolved we've got the systems ready for wide release, for the S4. Then we'll get to work on the RS3.

I love the way the TTRS looks!
Are you still getting the fault? I haven't gotten it in at least 3 weeks now. Although I know I say that and I'll probably get one today...

Terry - being that I'm getting IAT's of 130-170 on pulls, would I see much of a difference if I installed a larger intercooler? Would I only get a benefit after multiple pulls, or would it help with baseline?
(#127)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2018, 02:31 PM

Yes it's one of those problems that comes up every couple of days or weeks. So we have to make a change, and drive a lot, to see if it was resolved.

Larger IC would lower IATs for sure. We're working on one.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#128)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-01-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Yes it's one of those problems that comes up every couple of days or weeks. So we have to make a change, and drive a lot, to see if it was resolved.

Larger IC would lower IATs for sure. We're working on one.
I think we're working on meth injection too, right?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#129)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 08:08 PM

Both of those features would be huge for this Texas heat
(#130)
Old

Car: S4 B9
Default 08-02-2018, 11:38 AM

Would not mind testing in Canada with our 94 gas even with the random error. Can't wait to test...

Last edited by vw_alex; 08-02-2018 at 11:45 AM..
(#131)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 08-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_alex
Would not mind testing in Canada with our 94 gas even with the random error. Can't wait to test...
We trying to keep the testers local for now in case we need to do a board swop in the event the chips cant be flashed at home.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2015 VW Golf 1.4TSI
2017 Audi 8V RS3
(#132)
Old

Car: S4 B9
Default 08-02-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
We trying to keep the testers local for now in case we need to do a board swop in the event the chips cant be flashed at home.
Ok. If ever you change you mind, I would pass via my known JB4 reseller/tuner here in the Montreal region, VAG Motorsport. They would send it back for me if ever it needs a swap.
(#133)
Old

Default 08-03-2018, 01:34 PM

Terry - I emailed you about this, but just wondering about map5. Is it a matter of further testing, or it you think it's too aggressive for E30? Or are you just trying to address IAT before additional map updates?

Is anyone else using their JB4, just curious because there was a lot of conversation before beta units went out, and it's been kinda dead since. I know once it goes live it will generate more discussion, but kind of surprised the stinger is getting more interest then S4 crowd.
(#134)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2018, 03:29 PM

We collectively spend some time daily on the S4. Right now only maps 1-3 are well tested.

There is a higher boost map5 programmed but not tested across various conditions. You can experiment with if you want. Worst case is likely a CEL you can clear. Grab a log or two on E30 map5 and lets see how its working for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#135)
Old

Default 08-03-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
We collectively spend some time daily on the S4. Right now only maps 1-3 are well tested.

There is a higher boost map5 programmed but not tested across various conditions. You can experiment with if you want. Worst case is likely a CEL you can clear. Grab a log or two on E30 map5 and lets see how its working for you.
Just wondering where the other S4 beta testers are?

Here's a log from tonight on map 5, doesn't really see more boost as far as I can tell, but it seems like it likes the E30.
Attached Images

(#136)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2018, 09:45 PM

Around 30 BETA S4 systems out.. Most just email in to George or myself if/when they need help. Log looks good to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#137)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-06-2018, 11:57 AM

I deal with a local S4 beta customer weekly. Terry also has his own S4 that I see him work on a few times a week. The S4 JB4 beta is a huge difference in performance over stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#138)
Old

Car: Audi S5 SB
Default 08-10-2018, 07:17 AM

Just installed a beta unit yesterday. So far so good. With 93 octane, which map has most of the other beta users settled on?
(#139)
Old

Default 08-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekela98a
Just installed a beta unit yesterday. So far so good. With 93 octane, which map has most of the other beta users settled on?
On 93 most use map 3.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2015 VW Golf 1.4TSI
2017 Audi 8V RS3
(#140)
Old

Car: Hyundai Accent, bone stock
Default Today, 09:40 AM

any updates?
(#141)
Old

Default Today, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexinator
any updates?
IAT fault seems to be ok, having a slight issue with rough idle that we ironing out and we good to go.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2015 VW Golf 1.4TSI
2017 Audi 8V RS3