N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2018, 09:13 AM

Looking better on Paul's EWG. Now if we could get every application to keep DME BT stable like this I'd be happy.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#202)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Absolutely, the more the merrier. I think your car in particular will really benefit even in the early development phases of the BEF.
I've got a similar set-up, once I have the cables and licenses and such I'd be interested in helping test as well Terry.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#203)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW m235xi
Default 01-22-2018, 11:58 AM

rev4 BEF. So far soo good. Boost is up, car feels great.
Attached Images

(#204)
Old

Default 01-22-2018, 06:17 PM

Pretty Black M235xi, 8spd automatic, xdrive I updated my signature, neglected that for a while.

I find that the car is a little more alive now with light throttle application. Smooth pedal inputs are required. I tend to use foot like anchor.

My issue with the JB4 on the track was that it was tough in the low/mid throttle sections as the boost would come on way stronger than factory. So i would tend to run map1/2 + comfort mode throttle to keep the car more stable and linear.. More acceleration = harder braking into the next turn Crazy turbo boost = lots of weight shifted to the rear. When you run the car in sport/sport+ the pedal/throttle maps are pretty aggressive.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-21 22_53_47.csv (14.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-21 22_54_35.csv (13.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-21 22_52_06.csv (12.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-21 22_55_44.csv (10.6 KB, 14 views)

2015 BMW m235xi (F22/N55/EWG) | JB4 + BEF | Wagner Evo2 Performance IC | ER Chargepipe | K&N Dropin | Ground-Control v2 Camber Plates | Dinan Springs | HPA Adjustable Sway Bar Links
VMR V710's | Front 18x8.5 ET45 (235/40/18) | Rear 18x9.5 (265/35/18) | Hankook RS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUvs...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by zipphreak; 01-22-2018 at 06:34 PM..
(#205)
Old

Car: M135 F21
Default 01-23-2018, 10:50 AM

Hi, im a long time reader of this forum but first time posting
Have a little question for you guys, currently have mhd + map2 and jb4.
I wonder if i want to swich between mhd map2 and jb4 its possible whitout removing the jb4? Like put jb4 map0, unplug obd2 and stay mhd only? Thanks in advance!
(#206)
Old

Default 01-23-2018, 03:54 PM

just set it to map 0. you can leave the obdii plugged in or not.

2015 BMW m235xi (F22/N55/EWG) | JB4 + BEF | Wagner Evo2 Performance IC | ER Chargepipe | K&N Dropin | Ground-Control v2 Camber Plates | Dinan Springs | HPA Adjustable Sway Bar Links
VMR V710's | Front 18x8.5 ET45 (235/40/18) | Rear 18x9.5 (265/35/18) | Hankook RS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUvs...ature=youtu.be
(#207)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
I really start to understand how crucially important throttle mapping is.
Push your car off a cliff and get an EWG model. Completely different ballgame.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Hahaha that is one approach But maybe, just maybe, I'll give the PWG a day or two more - hell, I've been at it for 4 years already
The PWG cars are fine and we'll keep improving things. But EWG is so much easier to tune out of the box, drives smoother too all else being equal. It's a major improvement in boost control technology for BWM.

Burger Motorsports

(#209)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 01-23-2018, 09:27 PM

As someone who's got a stock M3 ZCP 6MT running JB4 stage 1, would there be any benefits with BEF? (aside from logging)

Thanks
(#210)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2018, 09:32 PM

Logging isn't an advantage. JB4 logs the same with or without a BEF.

You'd be able to adjust exhaust burble if you're in to that, maybe make a few more HP on lower grade fuel if using pump gas, and remove the speed limiter.

Burger Motorsports

(#211)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 01-23-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Logging isn't an advantage. JB4 logs the same with or without a BEF.

You'd be able to adjust exhaust burble if you're in to that, maybe make a few more HP on lower grade fuel if using pump gas, and remove the speed limiter.
Thank you for the quick reply, Terry. It looks like the few more HP at max grade fuel (91) would not make this a worthwhile option for me. Maybe in the future!
(#212)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2018, 01:36 PM

The lower the octane the more potential benefit, 91 is about as bad a pump gas gets. If you're bored with the car and looking for more we'd be happy to work with you on a 91 octane back end flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#213)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-24-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
The lower the octane the more potential benefit, 91 is about as bad a pump gas gets. If you're bored with the car and looking for more we'd be happy to work with you on a 91 octane back end flash map.
Can Speed limiter removal be done without flashing a BEF? if one wanted just that feature and no actually BEF tuning changes? ( just using the jb4 for tuning if we are happy with that)

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2018, 02:25 PM

Sure, BEF lets you remove the speed limiter. You can have it do as much or as little as you want.

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old

Car: 2012 f30 335i
Default 01-24-2018, 03:17 PM

@terry to which e-mail should i send the mods list and fuel type to get the BEF? I have done everything and the only thing remaining is to flash the BEF

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
5- BMS F30 N55 Performance Intake
6- BMS WMI KIT
(#216)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2018, 04:26 PM

terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#217)
Old

Car: 2013 F30 335i M-Sport
Default 01-24-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Just got added to the MHD Beta. Terry, I've sent you an email for a BEF map.

2013 335i Estoril Blau II/Black
6spd | M-Sport | JB4 | MHD BEF | BMS Intake | ER D-P | VRSF Chargepipe | Phoenix FMIC | Megan Racing Sway Bars | H&R Sport Springs
(#218)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 01-25-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I got added yesterday to the MHD beta also. Will flash to map0 tomorrow when I get the bimmergeeks cable.

Remember I have PS2 on stock fuel 93.

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#219)
Old

Car: 2015 335i
Default 01-26-2018, 06:26 AM

Are you still looking for beta testers? I have a 2015 335 with JB4, no feline D P (not sure why we can't say that word here), currently running 93/E85.

Will the MHD tune make the car run smoother? I love the JB4 but it can be finicky sometimes
(#220)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 11:41 AM

Yes need all the testers we can get. Keep the emails coming!

Be sure to have flashed with MHD Stage0 first and email your Stage0 map (generated under stock map options in MHD)

Burger Motorsports

(#221)
Old

Car: 2015 335i
Default 01-26-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Be sure to have flashed with MHD Stage0 first and email your Stage0 map (generated under stock map options in MHD)
Just email terry@burgertuning.com?
(#222)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 01-26-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Terry since I'm running Bootmod3 (You can join the Tuner list =D and have another 1000s of customers)

- 16' X4 M40i Tweaked CTS Turbo FMIC | Custom CTS Turbo D0wnP1pe | BM3 E30
- 17 F80 ZCP | BM3 E30 | CTS Turbo D0wnP1pe/CP/HeatExchanger & Mid-pipe

$ECA $XRP $XLM $TRX $ADA
(#223)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikiton
Terry since I'm running Bootmod3 (You can join the Tuner list =D and have another 1000s of customers)
I've discussed it with Dzenno before but the way their platform is setup doesn't work for what BMS is looking to do with the back end flash maps. While MHD fits our needs perfectly. Plus their support is more responsive (at least to our customers needs), it's less expensive, and for what we do easier.

Nothing against BM3. Seems to work great for those who run it. When we publish our MHD maps you can always open them in TunerPro and try to migrate over to BM3 and other platforms on your own if you'd like.

Burger Motorsports

(#224)
Old

Car: 2015 m235xi
Default 01-29-2018, 08:21 AM

Are there any gains to be obtained with EWG FBO, meth, PI and stage 1 turbo utilizing MHD and BEF?
(#225)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2018, 09:13 AM

I think the BEF should be added for all larger than stock turbo situations. It's well worth the $250.

Burger Motorsports