N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2476)
Old

Car: 335i N55 E91 2010 xDrive Aut.
Default 11-13-2017, 11:36 AM

hi,

I just installed my JB4 as descriped and have 2 issues now
First: the map change with steering wheels button not working - can and +/- is 100% correct!
Second: I can not connect by usb to the unit, it says failed COM1 - its set correct in device manager and also in JB4 SW - strange is, I was able to do 1 time a firmware update and it was finished correct

Car starting normal but brings check engine with dtc 2C84 and 36E3

I measured all cables and they are ok - also plug off the box is good

So my question is, if there is a diagnostic way to lock for the problem?

excuse my maybe bad english

car is 335i xDrive E91 N55 2010
(#2477)
Old

Car: 2013 335i Xdrive Coupe
Default 11-13-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxm3
hi,

I just installed my JB4 as descriped and have 2 issues now
First: the map change with steering wheels button not working - can and +/- is 100% correct!
Second: I can not connect by usb to the unit, it says failed COM1 - its set correct in device manager and also in JB4 SW - strange is, I was able to do 1 time a firmware update and it was finished correct

Car starting normal but brings check engine with dtc 2C84 and 36E3

I measured all cables and they are ok - also plug off the box is good

So my question is, if there is a diagnostic way to lock for the problem?

excuse my maybe bad english

car is 335i xDrive E91 N55 2010
I had to install the USB drivers that came with the software to get it to connect. (I don't think that was in any of the instructions I saw, but nothing else worked.)

I can't tell you why it won't switch maps though.
(#2478)
Old

Car: 335i N55 E91 2010 xDrive Aut.
Default 11-14-2017, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi rpm
I had to install the USB drivers that came with the software to get it to connect. (I don't think that was in any of the instructions I saw, but nothing else worked.)

I can't tell you why it won't switch maps though.
driver of course installed - firmware update was working, but no further connection

335i xDrive E91 N55 2010
aFe c-delete
Injen Intake
Wagner Evo2 FMIC
DFB DV+
PP exhaust
custom ECU flash
(#2479)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-15-2017, 11:53 AM

Hello, I recently installed my jb4 with the Bluetooth rev3. I’ve updated to the latest firmware and am getting a 387f code. I’ve tried looking up what could be the problem but I haven’t found a cause. I am running map 5 on my 2012 135i N55. I currently have ER charge pipe and vrsf down pipe. It seems to have constant power because I am able to connect to it on my phone. Is it suppose to have constant power?
(#2480)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2017, 01:13 PM

It's a power related fault... Bluetooth on the JB4 5v red wire going to TMAP sensor?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2481)
Old

Default 12-18-2017, 06:33 PM

I barley got a chance to check it and it was connected to the red power for the jb4. I switched it to one of the wires coming from the connections but it is still coming on. I am going to switch it to the other wire and see if it goes away.
(#2482)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2017, 06:43 PM

As long as its on ONE of the wires going to the TMAP it's fine. Clear all codes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2483)
Old

Default 12-18-2017, 07:30 PM

I switched them and erased the codes hopefully it goes away. Thank you.
(#2484)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 12-18-2017, 09:37 PM

I’ve seen a few people mention installing the E series N55 jb4 in X5 35i’s. But I’ve also been told that stage 1 is the only option and the jb4 doesn’t give you any more power or do anything for you. Anyone have direct experience with this? 2012 x5 35i.

09 335xi - 6AT - JB4 - hot side inlets - *** - MHD Flash - 7" IC - Fuel-It TBI
(#2485)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmyth
Iíve seen a few people mention installing the E series N55 jb4 in X5 35iís. But Iíve also been told that stage 1 is the only option and the jb4 doesnít give you any more power or do anything for you. Anyone have direct experience with this? 2012 x5 35i.
Technically it can work if you use an E series JB4 N55 and find the CANbus wires within the DME box to attach then. But it's not something we provide support for and the official policy is only Stag1 is compatible with the E series X5.

Burger Motorsports

(#2486)
Old

Default 12-19-2017, 05:35 PM

Great! Thanks @Terry

Anyone out there do this yet? Can’t search for “X5”. Doh!

09 335xi - 6AT - JB4 - hot side inlets - *** - MHD Flash - 7" IC - Fuel-It TBI
(#2487)
Old

Default 12-20-2017, 03:35 PM

@Terry my check engine came back on and it still gives me the 387f code. Is there anything else that could be the problem?
(#2488)
Old

Car: 2011 335ix
Default 01-01-2018, 07:21 PM

Ive been having the same issue with that code "387f". And this morning my car wouldnt start, all the lights were working so i didnt think it was the battery but i gave it a jump anyway but still didnt work. It wasnt until i disabled the Jb4 "map 0" then the car satred. I have no idea what happened. Any one have some suggestions?
(#2489)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro12m
@Terry my check engine came back on and it still gives me the 387f code. Is there anything else that could be the problem?
It's a battery related fault. Are you running the latest JB4 PWG board released a couple months ago?

Burger Motorsports

(#2490)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-01-2018, 11:36 PM

I see this too on some customer cars. Pita it is. As if the pwg board iso modded holds the signal from the dme for too long.

F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#2491)
Old

Car: E82 135i, E70 3,0si
Default 01-03-2018, 07:47 AM

Hi, I bought a car with already installed jb4. This is 135i e82 n55 from 2010. The car is serial only with the BMW Performance exhaust system and the charg pipe. Unfortunately, I have a problem. With a normal drive, all maps are OK. Unfortunately, when driving fast, eg on a motorway, when the gas is added above 120km / h, the car begins to unevenly accelerate. This is happening in all gears. The boost jumps very much. The car tugs all the way to the end. 250 km / h and the boost jumps. What to do.
I would like to add that on map 0 or with removed JB4 everything is OK. No problem.
(#2492)
Old

Default 01-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Where is the v16 firmware? I can't find anything on those forums

135i N55 2011
(#2493)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 01-10-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzid_
Where is the v16 firmware? I can't find anything on those forums
Bottom of this post

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...09&postcount=2

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4 FBO e30
(#2494)
Old

Car: 2013 335i Xdrive Coupe
Default 01-20-2018, 09:08 PM

May I ask what the E85 parameter readout means in the JB4 interface? It doesn't seem to graph, but there is a number in the window like 190. Searched and didn't find, thanks.
(#2495)
Old

Car: 13 335i
Default 02-19-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's a battery related fault. Are you running the latest JB4 PWG board released a couple months ago?
quoted just for the notification.. but Terry, recently installed jb4, seemed to hit boost fine, but map one is surging to 16-17 psi then dropping down to 4 for the remainder. with troubleshooting, im thinking its the boost solenoid. when i stopped the car, there was a buzzing under the hood, coming from the solenoid, when i unplugged it , it stopped.. any insight to this? already ordered another solenoid, but i just want to make sure that is indeed most likely the issue.
(#2496)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handshu
quoted just for the notification.. but Terry, recently installed jb4, seemed to hit boost fine, but map one is surging to 16-17 psi then dropping down to 4 for the remainder. with troubleshooting, im thinking its the boost solenoid. when i stopped the car, there was a buzzing under the hood, coming from the solenoid, when i unplugged it , it stopped.. any insight to this? already ordered another solenoid, but i just want to make sure that is indeed most likely the issue.
Would have to see the JB4 log for advice.

Burger Motorsports

(#2497)
Old

Car: 13 335i
Default 02-19-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Would have to see the JB4 log for advice.
Its not only when jb4 is running.. happens in map 4 and 0 as well.
(#2498)
Old

Car: 335xi Coupe
Default 02-20-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handshu

I have been having a similar problem with the latest update. When in Map 1,2 or 5. I can do pulls most of the time just fine, but when merging onto the highway at 40-50mph when I press on the peddle about 1/3 of the way I get this same fast surge. The gauge jumps to 16-18 and then slams back down do 4-6. I have to let up and it goes back to normal.

I have not been able to get a log of this issue yet. I will try and get one posted.