N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-19-2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
More like if we just try to replicate what everyone before us has done things aren't going to get much better are they? Since boost control is integrated with EWG vehicles for stock turbo N55s I want a lower load but higher calculated torque option so the JB4 has a wider range of authority over the final boost target. We'll see how close we can get to that as we continue exploring the F series flash tables.
Ok makes sense. We'll find out along the way what comes from it

F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#202)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-19-2018, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Added a couple extra directions to the first post.
Is this also for ISO PWG N55 ???

because in the ISO thread at first post you have - bit6 - Unused

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | TREBILA BEF Tune | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/XEO6ZpR.jpg |
Coming Soon: | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Custom High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor
(#203)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-19-2018, 01:11 PM

Terry is the FUD6 already enabled or it will be Enabled in the Next N55 PWG ISO update ?

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | TREBILA BEF Tune | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/XEO6ZpR.jpg |
Coming Soon: | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Custom High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor
(#204)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 01-19-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure
Ok makes sense. We'll find out along the way what comes from it

Quote:
More like if we just try to replicate what everyone before us has done things aren't going to get much better are they? Since boost control is integrated with EWG vehicles for stock turbo N55s I want a lower load but higher calculated torque option so the JB4 has a wider range of authority over the final boost target. We'll see how close we can get to that as we continue exploring the F series flash tables.
Looking forward to great results!
(#205)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Is this also for ISO PWG N55 ???

because in the ISO thread at first post you have - bit6 - Unused
Yes I want everyone who loads the BEF to enable bit6. And when I program JB4 maps I'll have it read that spot to determine if the vehicle is equipped with a BEF.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#206)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 01-20-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak
Running JB4 on firmware 13, and the Beta BEF for N55 flashed with MHD Tuning app.

Making more boost than MHD Stage2 or Stage2 + and AFR's are much better. No overboosting.

Things are looking up for the F-series now
You're making 1.5psi less at 6k on the jb4 than on MHD 2+. Also the AFR curve of the BEF+JB4 is way more jumpy than MHD 2+.
anyways, both solutions will get updated frequently.
(#207)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW m235xi
Default 01-20-2018, 03:27 PM

Your only looking at one data point at 6k, it starts off high and tapers down. Your maps are starting off at 9-10 and ending in 10.5. Stage2+ was a little better 10 to 12psi.

MHD and BMS both have there problems now. I have ignition timing all over the place with the JB4 BEF. Trying to work through it with Terry to see if we can figure it out.

(MHD) I thought you guys wanted beta testers, but you didn't review my logs or respond back ? Why not setup an official forum thread, or open up a google group for the beta testers to discuss and share results. People could post logs there, and you can reply directly. Email is so 1990's, pagers, flip phones, and sidekicks. We have the power and the tools.

I sent two sets of logs, one i heard back, second went silent. I was told to flash down from 2+ to 2.... Without much reason, just flash and send logs....

Last edited by zipphreak; 01-20-2018 at 06:20 PM..
(#208)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 01-21-2018, 12:42 AM

I just got the mhd beta couple days ago,

I would like to try the BEF.

Can some one give me a quick run down on how update firmware via Bluetooth?

I want to make sure I get the right file as well.
(#209)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
You're making 1.5psi less at 6k on the jb4 than on MHD 2+. Also the AFR curve of the BEF+JB4 is way more jumpy than MHD 2+.
anyways, both solutions will get updated frequently.
I know, people keep emailing me for help, complaints, and commentary on their flash only maps. As if I'm going to be able to solve their problems. If they have a JB4 on the car and want to help us develop our BEF maps we're ready and willing. But not really interested in fielding flash map complaints.

Tuning on both flash only and our JB4 back end flash maps will dramatically improve over the coming weeks and months. And as I always say the more we can do with the flash maps the more we'll be able to offer with the JB4. As we're not confined by the DME's logic paths and interfaces and can implement changes quickly. We'll do as much as we can on the flash side then we'll have the JB4 do everything else we want done. Good times for F series owners.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#210)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarielbernard@gmail.com
I just got the mhd beta couple days ago,

I would like to try the BEF.

Can some one give me a quick run down on how update firmware via Bluetooth?

I want to make sure I get the right file as well.
Directions are in the first post on the BEF end. For updating JB4 firmware check the appropriate JB4 thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#211)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 01-22-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Directions are in the first post on the BEF end. For updating JB4 firmware check the appropriate JB4 thread.
Ok, I have updated. What email address should I email to get the back end flash emailed to me?
(#212)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 01-22-2018, 07:26 AM

Terry
Let me know if you need a PWG PS2+Stock fuel test car for Bef.

F30 PWG PS2 + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + 93 stock fuel. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#213)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarielbernard@gmail.com
Ok, I have updated. What email address should I email to get the back end flash emailed to me?
Email me at terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoandry
Terry
Let me know if you need a PWG PS2+Stock fuel test car for Bef.
Absolutely, the more the merrier. I think your car in particular will really benefit even in the early development phases of the BEF.

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2018, 09:13 AM

Looking better on Paul's EWG. Now if we could get every application to keep DME BT stable like this I'd be happy.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#216)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Absolutely, the more the merrier. I think your car in particular will really benefit even in the early development phases of the BEF.
I've got a similar set-up, once I have the cables and licenses and such I'd be interested in helping test as well Terry.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#217)
Old

Default 01-22-2018, 11:58 AM

rev4 BEF. So far soo good. Boost is up, car feels great.
Attached Images

(#218)
Old

Car: m135i
Default 01-22-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
rev4 BEF. So far soo good. Boost is up, car feels great.
That looks great! Do you mind sharing the log (and maybe add your mods to your signature)?

How does the car feel in normal/slow/queue driving? I find my own being twitchy driving with very light throttle.

M135i, PWG, Pure Stg2, WMI, bootmod3 + JB4
100-200kph: 7.0sec (93 and meth)
www.youtube.com/user/npharkes
(#219)
Old

Default 01-22-2018, 06:17 PM

Pretty Black M235xi, 8spd automatic, xdrive I updated my signature, neglected that for a while.

I find that the car is a little more alive now with light throttle application. Smooth pedal inputs are required. I tend to use foot like anchor.

My issue with the JB4 on the track was that it was tough in the low/mid throttle sections as the boost would come on way stronger than factory. So i would tend to run map1/2 + comfort mode throttle to keep the car more stable and linear.. More acceleration = harder braking into the next turn Crazy turbo boost = lots of weight shifted to the rear. When you run the car in sport/sport+ the pedal/throttle maps are pretty aggressive.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-21 22_53_47.csv (14.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-21 22_54_35.csv (13.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-21 22_52_06.csv (12.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-21 22_55_44.csv (10.6 KB, 7 views)

2015 BMW m235xi (F22/N55/EWG) | JB4 + BEF | Wagner Evo2 Performance IC | ER Chargepipe | K&N Dropin | Ground-Control v2 Camber Plates | Dinan Springs | HPA Adjustable Sway Bar Links
VMR V710's | Front 18x8.5 ET45 (235/40/18) | Rear 18x9.5 (265/35/18) | Hankook RS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUvs...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by zipphreak; 01-22-2018 at 06:34 PM..
(#220)
Old

Default 01-22-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Pretty Black M235xi, 8spd automatic, xdrive I updated my signature, neglected that for a while.

I find that the car is a little more alive now with light throttle application. Smooth pedal inputs are required. I tend to use foot like anchor.

My issue with the JB4 on the track was that it was tough in the low/mid throttle sections as the boost would come on way stronger than factory. So i would tend to run map1/2 + comfort mode throttle to keep the car more stable and linear.. More acceleration = harder braking into the next turn Crazy turbo boost = lots of weight shifted to the rear. When you run the car in sport/sport+ the pedal/throttle maps are pretty aggressive.
I really start to understand how crucially important throttle mapping is. It is everything in feeling connected with the car. I'd happily give up 50hp could I just get that stock feel mapping back. Sound like you'd also prefer a much less aggressive mapping. I have also completel stopped using Sport/Sport+ as it i just way too aggressive. Comfort in Traction/DSC OFF is all I use now. And I fully agree on the boost control, sometimes feel like a on/off system with very little in between - has this become better with the BEF? Maybe you could share some 30/50/80% throttle logs when convinient?

(#221)
Old

Car: M135 F21
Default 01-23-2018, 10:50 AM

Hi, im a long time reader of this forum but first time posting
Have a little question for you guys, currently have mhd + map2 and jb4.
I wonder if i want to swich between mhd map2 and jb4 its possible whitout removing the jb4? Like put jb4 map0, unplug obd2 and stay mhd only? Thanks in advance!
(#222)
Old

Default 01-23-2018, 03:54 PM

just set it to map 0. you can leave the obdii plugged in or not.

2015 BMW m235xi (F22/N55/EWG) | JB4 + BEF | Wagner Evo2 Performance IC | ER Chargepipe | K&N Dropin | Ground-Control v2 Camber Plates | Dinan Springs | HPA Adjustable Sway Bar Links
VMR V710's | Front 18x8.5 ET45 (235/40/18) | Rear 18x9.5 (265/35/18) | Hankook RS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUvs...ature=youtu.be
(#223)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
I really start to understand how crucially important throttle mapping is.
Push your car off a cliff and get an EWG model. Completely different ballgame.

Burger Motorsports

(#224)
Old

Default 01-23-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Push your car off a cliff and get an EWG model. Completely different ballgame.
Hahaha that is one approach But maybe, just maybe, I'll give the PWG a day or two more - hell, I've been at it for 4 years already

(#225)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Hahaha that is one approach But maybe, just maybe, I'll give the PWG a day or two more - hell, I've been at it for 4 years already
The PWG cars are fine and we'll keep improving things. But EWG is so much easier to tune out of the box, drives smoother too all else being equal. It's a major improvement in boost control technology for BWM.

Burger Motorsports