N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 11-12-2017, 10:34 AM

I've been trying the 150 virtual offset and notice that the E85 content increases as the gas tank gets more and more empty. For instance, started around e38 after fillup, right now around a half tank it shows e52.

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4 FBO e30
(#277)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2017, 10:38 AM

The N55 algorithm is a little wonky like that, there is an extra factor we need to incorporate to compensate for the MAF readings. It's a work in progress.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#278)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 11-12-2017, 10:46 AM

Would you say the reading would be most accurate after the fill-up?

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4 FBO e30
(#279)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2017, 08:18 PM

Neither situation. The N55 reading floating is just a bug in the algorithm, so keep a note of the range it floats and when it floats, as that will be helpful in improving it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#280)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 12-28-2017, 01:34 AM

Hi Terry. I adjusted my VSO to 122. This gets me E83-E85. (I have Trebilia Custom 100% E85 PI flash). Since updating to firmware 32.10 I had to really increase the fuel bias to around 65 though even in 120 iats. Although I just repaired my head bolt threads which were damaged overtorqued and which was why I had persistent misfires at postshifts at 25psi. Maybe now it’s running full compression finally lol.

I suppose as long as I get close to the 100% E85 reading it is what it is..

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT, Alpina Flash B3, Built Motor, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Performance Flash MHD JB4, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO.

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT Jb4 Map 1.
(#281)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 01-14-2018, 07:22 AM

Hi Guys,

Just updated the firmware to 32.10 and wanted to give the virtual ethanol content a try...as directed I did the upgrade and locked the car up...came back 30 mins later. Started the car and let it run for 20mins at temp. With the virtual offset at default 132, my e content is 7...when in actual fact its around the E45? Do I just up the offset up until virtual content is equal to actual ? by the way 2007 KLINE

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila.
11.3@127 (https://www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk)

Last edited by Russjonesr; 01-14-2018 at 07:29 AM..
(#282)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2018, 12:20 PM

What is your fuel scalar in the bef at idle?

Burger Motorsports

(#283)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 01-15-2018, 09:20 AM

Hi Terry,

David sent you the fuel scalers overe by email.

Cheers Russ

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila.
11.3@127 (https://www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk)
(#284)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 09:49 AM

OK got it. I see he has a 1.4 scalar, so I think you just need to lower your virtual offset to match. 132 is based around our 1.3 scalar. Try a setting of 120 and then adjust up or down until the mixture stabilizes around where you think it is.

Burger Motorsports

(#285)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-13-2018, 10:44 AM

I just noticed this thread. So much has changed over the years. How accurate would you say the virtual sensor is to fuel it's ethanol sensor? How well does this work with port injection? I'd rather not have to cut into my fuel it lines just to add one if I don't have to.

Never mind, grabbed the sensor. Decided it's more accurate and safer considering all the mods I have.

Last edited by buster84; 02-13-2018 at 11:58 AM..
(#286)
Old

Car: 2009 e60 n54
Default 02-13-2018, 10:49 AM

Any chance for a teenage driver mode in the future? I'd love to turn off the steering wheel controls(so he doesn't' bypass) and neuter the turbos a bit.
(#287)
Old

Car: 2008 Bmw 535xi touring
Default 02-13-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnd1
Any chance for a teenage driver mode in the future? I'd love to turn off the steering wheel controls(so he doesn't' bypass) and neuter the turbos a bit.
Yes, it's called the 525i
(#288)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-13-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnd1
Yes you can. You will need data cable to connect JB4 Via Laptop or Phone (bluetooth device)

FUD:
bit0 - Disable steering wheel controls.

bit1 - Disable wastegate adaption.
bit2 - Use water temp in place of oil temp for warm up safety.
bit3 - Disable open loop fuel learning.
bit4 - Enable meth input Aquamist algorithm where 0-100% flow = .5v - 4.5v input.
bit5 - Show bank2 fuel trims under timingAVG.
bit6 - Disable FF RPM gain so duty bias RPM gain can be manually set more precisely.
bit7 - Alternative anti-rattle algorithm

Burger Motorsports

(#289)
Old

Car: 2009 e60 n54
Default 02-13-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yes you can. You will need data cable to connect JB4 Via Laptop or Phone (bluetooth device)

FUD:
bit0 - Disable steering wheel controls.

That's great, thanks. I know with the app I can limit boost for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Any idea what to do beyond that?
(#290)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2018, 04:41 PM

Feedback has been good on the BETA virtual sensor but it remains BETA... Let me know how its working for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#291)
Old

Default 02-14-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Feedback has been good on the BETA virtual sensor but it remains BETA... Let me know how its working for you.
I went ahead and purchased the fuel it flex fuel sensor from fuelit for the ability to go from one fuel to another without worring if what im pumping is really e85. I understand that this is all still new to jb4 (i used it with the proceed and loved it) so im just trying to understand everything.

Will i need to get a new back end flash or will my current custom flash work because the JB4 does the rest of the fuel changes based on the sensor readings?
(#292)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2018, 10:39 AM

If you have a physical flex fuel sensor then you won't need the virtual one.

Do you run port injection?

Burger Motorsports

(#293)
Old

Default 02-14-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
If you have a physical flex fuel sensor then you won't need the virtual one.

Do you run port injection?
I do.

These are my current engine/fuel mods
VTT GC Turbos (with vargas silicone cold and hotside)
Fuel It Port Injection with FPR and return line and BMS controller
Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump
BMS dual cone instakes
BMS Catch Can
VRSF 7" Intercooler
Forged Diverter Valves
AR *** less down *****
JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth and JB4 Mobile App
n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar
(#294)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84
I do.

These are my current engine/fuel mods
VTT GC Turbos (with vargas silicone cold and hotside)
Fuel It Port Injection with FPR and return line and BMS controller
Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump
BMS dual cone instakes
BMS Catch Can
VRSF 7" Intercooler
Forged Diverter Valves
AR *** less down *****
JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth and JB4 Mobile App
n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar
Good then just enable the port injection PI mapping on the WMI page. So as you go up or down on the E85 mixture the JB4 will scale up or down your PI volume to match.

I'd have to see a log to know if your BEF is setup well or not for that though. Post one when its up and running.

Burger Motorsports

(#295)
Old

Default 02-14-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Good then just enable the port injection PI mapping on the WMI page. So as you go up or down on the E85 mixture the JB4 will scale up or down your PI volume to match.

I'd have to see a log to know if your BEF is setup well or not for that though. Post one when its up and running.
I have 3 backend flashes that trebila made for the previous owner. After I get the sensor installed do you want me to log on the e85 backend flash or the 93 flash?

I'm currently on the 93 trebila tune trying to dial in the jb4 setting since the previous owner lost them, but he does have all the seting dialed in for the trebila e85 flash since he used e85 99% of the time.

I created a thread in the log section for help in the 93. I need to relog today since I apparently didn't go wot on two of the logs so hopefully I can get one done, just busy. I did post a previous log where it was wot, but stopped going wot once it switched to map 4.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51687

2009 335i X-Drive | GC Turbos | Vargas silicone cold/hotside, | Fuel It PI with FPR and return line and BMS controller | Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump | BMS dual cone instakes | BMS Catch Can | VRSF 7" Intercooler | Forge Diverter Valves | JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth/JB4 Mobile App | n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar | AR After turbo Exhaust
(#296)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2018, 05:57 PM

If you already have a thread use the same one. Run the E85 mapping/settings and we can evaluate that.

Burger Motorsports