N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#876)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 02-11-2018, 07:34 PM

Terry,

Would a new FW require this type of adjustment? I'm wondering why boost was relatively on target in v9 and then since v10 it got all wonky on me and overboosted. Could have something to do with the auto DB tuning and just needing a few runs? Thanks!

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#877)
Old

Car: m135i
Default 02-11-2018, 07:37 PM

Terry

I have now done A LOT of runs with the ISO 10 but still get a consistent dip in boost after tip in. DB does not seem to adjust this by itself. Can we use a FUD bit to turn the DB auto-tune on/off?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-02-11 16_52_25Map_6.csv (133.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2018-02-11 18_01_48Map_6.csv (76.9 KB, 4 views)

M135i, PWG, Pure Stg2, WMI, bootmod3 + JB4
100-200kph: 7.0sec (93 and meth)
www.youtube.com/user/npharkes
(#878)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

I have now done A LOT of runs with the ISO 10 but still get a consistent dip in boost after tip in. DB does not seem to adjust this by itself. Can we use a FUD bit to turn the DB auto-tune on/off?
Manually adjust 1500 and 2000 points down as needed to avoid the over boost.

FUD bits are not active currently but we'll add them next version. Also added a setting for metric dash.

Looks like your timing is set too high. And we might be able to disable the under boost fault now. Still using BM3 or did you switch to MHD to run our BEF? I can't remember.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#879)
Old

Default 02-11-2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Manually adjust 1500 and 2000 points down as needed to avoid the over boost.

FUD bits are not active currently but we'll add them next version. Also added a setting for metric dash.

Looks like your timing is set too high. And we might be able to disable the under boost fault now. Still using BM3 or did you switch to MHD to run our BEF? I can't remember.
Let me emphasize that the over boost does not bother me (I have tried to comminicate this several times). It is the following under boost that annoy me. Running the BM3 BEF here but with 91AKI instead of my usual 93 - that probably makes the difference on the timing.
I'll try to adjust DB manually - hope the auto-adjust does not fight back.

Last edited by cnm135i; 02-12-2018 at 01:19 AM..
(#880)
Old

Default 02-12-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
ISO 10 latest log. I am over boosting like crazy. Haven't changed any user settings since last FW version.
Any input to help lower my overboost? Seems to feel alright but I want to be more on target. WOrk computer won't allow me to post log (it is located on previous page #874) Thanks!

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#881)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Any input to help lower my overboost? Seems to feel alright but I want to be more on target. WOrk computer won't allow me to post log (it is located on previous page #874) Thanks!
I already told you to lower your FF.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#882)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Let me emphasize that the over boost does not bother me (I have tried to comminicate this several times). It is the following under boost that annoy me. Running the BM3 BEF here but with 91AKI instead of my usual 93 - that probably makes the difference on the timing.
I'll try to adjust DB manually - hope the auto-adjust does not fight back.
I would be interested to know if it does. Given how the algorithm is setup now the learning is limited in the 1500-2000rpm range. It can't learn until you're fully spooled.

Burger Motorsports

(#883)
Old

Default 02-12-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I already told you to lower your FF.
Thought you were responding to someone else, my bad! Will do and re-log. Thanks.

(#884)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 02-12-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I would be interested to know if it does. Given how the algorithm is setup now the learning is limited in the 1500-2000rpm range. It can't learn until you're fully spooled.
If learning is limited only in the 1500-2000rpm range, then why did my DB's change across the whole rpm range ?

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - BT.Rv3 | TREBILA BEF Tune | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/XEO6ZpR.jpg |
Coming Soon: | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Custom High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor
(#885)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
If learning is limited only in the 1500-2000rpm range, then why did my DB's change across the whole rpm range ?
You're reading my statement incorrectly.

Burger Motorsports

(#886)
Old

Default 02-12-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You're reading my statement incorrectly.
waqasrami: He does not mean the learning is limited to low RPMs, he means the learning is mainly happening outside of those low RPMs because your turbo is going to be spooled up in the higher rev range, hence learning will occur. It will not occur that much down low because the turbo hasn't yet spooled. Hope that clears it up.

(#887)
Old

Default 02-12-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
waqasrami: He does not mean the learning is limited to low RPMs, he means the learning is mainly happening outside of those low RPMs because your turbo is going to be spooled up in the higher rev range, hence learning will occur. It will not occur that much down low because the turbo hasn't yet spooled. Hope that clears it up.
Thanks, Got it now

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - BT.Rv3 | TREBILA BEF Tune | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/XEO6ZpR.jpg |
Coming Soon: | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Custom High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor
(#888)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 535i manual
Default 02-12-2018, 12:55 PM

has anybody tried the iso 10 on a f10 n55 manual?
(#889)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 02-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Is MHD selling to the public now? Apparently my AT&T tablet isn't compatible for some reason, but Android tablets are so cheap I can give it a shot.
MHD emailed me on Feb 5 with timing:

"our f-series app is now in closed beta testing, the public release is expected in 2-3 weeks"

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 ISO_9 - Map 5/93 octane for winter/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete=Pops and Burbles!!
Coming Summer 2018: PI/Speedtech 7670/Dual Walbros/MHD flash and Tune by Trebila = epic Summer!
(#890)
Old

Default 02-12-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Can you shed some light as to what happened on the second pull here? First pull looked great until DME_BT dropped...

(Tested a map revision from Halim that might help with +20psi DME_BT drop - but that did not work)
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-02-12 17_34_58Map_6.csv (69.5 KB, 7 views)

(#891)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 06:59 PM

I don't see why FF would change dramatically from one pull to the next at the same RPM. The tuning constants must have changed between the runs, but I can't see those in the log. Only thing I can think of is the internal EGT modeling. I'll disable that and shoot you a firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#892)
Old

Default 02-12-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I don't see why FF would change dramatically from one pull to the next at the same RPM. The tuning constants must have changed between the runs, but I can't see those in the log. Only thing I can think of is the internal EGT modeling. I'll disable that and shoot you a firmware.
I am also rather confused as to what happened in that map6 log. I did these map3 and map6 logs minutes after and they look nothing alike. I dont usually run map6 with meth so will probably never encounter this problem again, but I guess you'd like me to for the trouble shooting with the new FW??
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map_3 DME_BT drop.csv (58.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv Map_6-1 15psi.csv (34.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv Map_6-4 15psi.csv (146.2 KB, 4 views)

(#893)
Old

Smile ISO 10_T4 - PS2 at full tilt - 02-13-2018, 05:03 AM

PS2 at full tilt...

Long time since I have done this in map6, but the was a very ****y S3 (he is not so ****y anymore)

6th gear DME_BT dropping - old news. Hopefully PTF/MHD will come up with a solution for this. However in the second pull it didn't /

Boost - also old news. But why is it that I get more boost in higher gears? 25psi in 4th and 5th would be pretty badass!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv Map_6-5 25psi drag race.csv (104.2 KB, 4 views)

(#894)
Old

Car: F25
Default 02-13-2018, 09:51 AM

More boost in higher gears is typical. The loads are higher and the turbine has more time to spin up to higher boost levels. You're in first through third for such brief periods of time, the turbine just doesn't have the time duration and load needed to get to higher pressures.

I've been thinking that FF on a per gear basis would be nice and could help some in that regard.
(#895)
Old

Default 02-14-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardparker
More boost in higher gears is typical. The loads are higher and the turbine has more time to spin up to higher boost levels. You're in first through third for such brief periods of time, the turbine just doesn't have the time duration and load needed to get to higher pressures.

I've been thinking that FF on a per gear basis would be nice and could help some in that regard.
Finding it hard to believe that the time I spend in 4th/5th gear isn't enough for the turbo to spin?? FF is maxed out but I see that PID is set to 15. I'll try increasing that to default 25 and see if that changes anything.
Attached Images

(#896)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
PS2 at full tilt...

Long time since I have done this in map6, but the was a very ****y S3 (he is not so ****y anymore)

6th gear DME_BT dropping - old news. Hopefully PTF/MHD will come up with a solution for this. However in the second pull it didn't /

Boost - also old news. But why is it that I get more boost in higher gears? 25psi in 4th and 5th would be pretty badass!
EGT increases in higher gears allowing you to hit target. WGDC > 90% means the wastegate is fully closed.

Burger Motorsports

(#897)
Old

Default 02-14-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
EGT increases in higher gears allowing you to hit target. WGDC > 90% means the wastegate is fully closed.
OK, nice info. Thanks

(#898)
Old

Car: f30 335I
Default 02-16-2018, 12:39 PM

mod list
Bootmod3
vrsf intercooler
cts intake
vrsf charge pipe
vrsf ******* ********
3.5 gallons E85/93 octane

My car feels inconsistent during a pull. Anything in my settings I can do to help. I'm on the default ISo settings.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-02-15 17_06_27 (pwg iso)1.csv (6.9 KB, 7 views)
(#899)
Old

Default 02-16-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleschoice1
mod list
Bootmod3
vrsf intercooler
cts intake
vrsf charge pipe
vrsf ******* ********
3.5 gallons E85/93 octane

My car feels inconsistent during a pull. Anything in my settings I can do to help. I'm on the default ISo settings.
Bootmod3 BEF or Tune ??

(#900)
Old

Car: f30 335I
Default 02-16-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Bootmod3 BEF or Tune ??
bootmod3 BEF