N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2376)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Coupe
Default 02-19-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
"They don't move much without the brackets and there is no risk of "damage" as far as we can tell. Better no bracket than one that isn't mounting right and casing the filters/maf housing not to line up properly, etc, which will cause a tuning issue. But the goal is a perfectly mounted bracket for all models. So keep the feedback coming and if there is some sort of issue across all Q60s with the bracket we'll update it for everyone."
I decided to apply some changes that I feel will improve the overall fit and performance of your kit as far as my own car is concerned - I don't recommend others follow suit, nor am I implying that BMS do a redesign.

As I posted on the Q60 Forum, I switched the MAF tube mounting brackets to opposite sides and added some 1/4" washers underneath the brackets to equalize the height of the BMS filters. As already mentioned in a previous post, I cut away a small portion of the driver's heat shield to allow more room for the A/C hose at top, rad hose at bottom, and filter. Lastly, I cut away part of the OEM air intake duct so that it would fit over the new filters (see pics) because I wanted to retain as much of the factory air directional flow design as possible. Even with these cut-outs the duct will still mate with the factory airboxes should I need to return the system back to stock.

After doing the above, I'm more satisfied with the BMS intake and expect it to perform as advertised for some time to come.
~
Attached Images

2017 Q60 Premuim 3.0t RWD
BMS JB1/JB4 Module
BMS Air Intake
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace
Tanabe Medalion Touring Axleback Exh.
(#2377)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 02-20-2018, 12:09 PM

Terry - mind checking over this log for me? Done on a dyno, JB4 map 1, 91 octane, traction control off.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-02-17 09_40_17.csv (11.7 KB, 17 views)
(#2378)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 02-20-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlockWar
Terry - mind checking over this log for me? Done on a dyno, JB4 map 1, 91 octane, traction control off.
I can't speak for Terry but timing looks a little low at peak boost. Maybe time for a little bit better fuel than 91?

Would you mind posting your dyno sheet?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2379)
Old

Default 02-20-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
I can't speak for Terry but timing looks a little low at peak boost. Maybe time for a little bit better fuel than 91?

Would you mind posting your dyno sheet?
Can't control fuel. I live in southern California, best we have is 91 octane. Dyno graphs and write-up is here:

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/q50...sults-jb4.html

Edit: BLUF - I made 400 hp/438 tq on 91 octane, JB4 map 1
(#2380)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 02-20-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Awd or rwd?
(#2381)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50RS
Default 02-20-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Can't control fuel. I live in southern California, best we have is 91 octane. Dyno graphs and write-up is here:

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/q50...sults-jb4.html

Edit: BLUF - I made 400 hp/438 tq on 91 octane, JB4 map 1
Timing COULD be a little higher to make more power but thatís just 91 holding you back. At those boost levels on 93 I was looking at around 6-7 degrees and then higher as boost tapered off. At 19-20 psi I was looking at 5 degree with e85. I noticed if itís lower than 5 degrees it starts to feel sluggish and actually feels faster on slightly lower boost but more aggressive timing.
(#2382)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Log itself looks fine. You can tell octane is a limiting factor by the timing drops, but overall, this is about what you can expect with our crap 91 octane.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2383)
Old

Default Yesterday, 01:13 PM

Terry
Would you mind reviewing my log? I have about 4.5 gal of E85 and the rest of my full tank is Spinx 93. I was expecting my ignition values to be a bit higher with the E85. Maybe I need a little bit more E85 to increase my octane a bit more.

Map 1
Attached Files
File Type: xls 2018-02-21 NB-E85-1.xls (46.0 KB, 4 views)

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2384)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 01:38 PM

Sorry can only look at JB4 CSV logs that open with the JB4 interface.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2385)
Old

Default Yesterday, 02:23 PM

I'm RWD. Appreciate the feedback from everyone. So Terry, do you think I'm still good with my current setup or should I make a custom tune with +3 instead of just running map 1? Should I try to boost my octane a bit? Ethanol is out of the question for me so it's either toluene or an octane booster. Pretty soon though I'll have access to 93 and 94 octane.
(#2386)
Old

Default Yesterday, 02:29 PM

Terry
I think I got it right this time. Please review and last me know.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-02-21 NB-E85.csv (14.3 KB, 3 views)

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2387)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 02:36 PM

Looks totally normal to me! Timing rolling up with RPM, etc.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2388)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 06:13 PM

Had a chance to dyno test an RS today with a JB4, BMS intake, and BMS heat exchanger. Fuel was 30% E85.

Results were about as expected. With the intake we were able to make a little more HP up top compared to the same car before the intake and heat exchanger. Although, it was not a direct back to back run so more antidotal data than concrete data on that front. And while we don't expect to see "dyno gains" on the heat exchanger IAT remained steady during all pulls so its doing its job. The owner will notice that more during back to back runs where heat soak would otherwise come in to play.

Should have the RS brackets for our heat exchanger out in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2389)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Hi Terry, Curious, what map were you running when testing the intake and HE on the RS? Thanks!
(#2390)
Old

Default Yesterday, 06:25 PM

It looks like you are running Map 6 on your highest runs. Since its a custom Map, what were the boost settings?

Looks like Peak Power leveled out pretty good instead of dropping off drastically.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2391)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 06:28 PM

The settings are fairly aggressive on the map6, the log shows the target by RPM. Interesting map2 didn't perform much worse. Here is the log from that dyno.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2392)
Old

Default Yesterday, 06:55 PM

Terry
Is this the same RS you dynoed in the first post? It shows 405whp at 4psi and this one is similar but at 5psi and better fuel type. If they are the same vehicle then it would appear that 4-5psi may be pushing a bit hard if there is no gain in power with the difference in boost. The 4psi from the 1st post was also the stock intakes on the RS?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2393)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default Yesterday, 07:11 PM

This car before

405whp & 454 wheel torque at 4psi
404whp & 486 wheel torque at 6psi

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2394)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Terry
Is this the same RS you dynoed in the first post? It shows 405whp at 4psi and this one is similar but at 5psi and better fuel type. If they are the same vehicle then it would appear that 4-5psi may be pushing a bit hard if there is no gain in power with the difference in boost. The 4psi from the 1st post was also the stock intakes on the RS?
First post is our SS. We've dynod this same RS before and posted the results somewhere in this thread. There is always going to be day to day dyno variance based on weather, correction factors, fuel quality, etc. Previously it had a little better fuel. But overall the plot gives you an idea for how it's running.

Burger Motorsports