N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default G Chassis N63TU JB4 - 11-12-2017, 07:17 PM

Use subject to terms and conditions posted at http://www.burgertuning.com/terms.html

THIS PART IS LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE. California law defines a "racing vehicle" as "a competition vehicle not used on public highways." (Calif. Health & Safety Code 39048) This part may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event. Competition-only motor vehicles may not be driven to a racing event on a public highway and must be transported on a trailer or other carrier. USE OF THIS PART IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BURGER MOTORSPORTS, INC, AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY. It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable federal and state laws relating to use of this part, and Burger Motorsports, Inc hereby disclaims any liability resulting from the failure to use this part in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.

Maps:

Map0: JB4 disabled
Map1: Additive map, up to 5psi requested over stock
Map2: Additive map, up to 6psi requested over stock
Map3: Absolute map, 18psi peak
Map4: Stock with CANbus active for logging and in dash gauges
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: hex JB4_G30_N63TU_OBDII_1b.hex (68.7 KB, 4 views)

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M sport
Default 11-12-2017, 07:28 PM

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guys get hands on a car? dyno?
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2017, 08:13 PM

Wasn't able to do any dynos, yet. Just track logs and testing. But dynos will follow sooner or later.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 11-13-2017, 02:40 PM

awesome!

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#5)
Old

Car: Daily 08 335I Weekend 05 M3
Default 11-15-2017, 09:49 PM

Awesome! Turning in my F80 M3 this week and picking up a 18 750xi next week. Can’t wait to get a tune in it.

Charlie

2015 ///M3 Black Sapphire Metallic/ Black Extended Leather/ Carbon Fiber Trim
(#6)
Old

Default 11-15-2017, 10:45 PM

Tempted to buy stage 1 for my M550i, is it worth waiting for JB4+BCM if i'm gonna run 94 Octane?
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 09:21 AM

I think the JB4 is ultimately worth it if you're in to data logging and getting the most out of the car. You could start with the JB4 without the BCM even.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 11-20-2017, 12:16 PM

Any time frame as to when the firmware will be released?
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2017, 12:47 PM

For what? Stage1 is out now. For JB4 firmware, email me if you have the hardware already, and we can go through the details.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: M550i
Default 11-26-2017, 03:04 PM

If I understand correctly, it sounds like the S63TU JB4 will be compatible with the N63TU2 engine in the M550i in the near future with a firmware update. When this is released for the M550i will it be a fully supported JB4 release that doesn't have a permanent CEL? I believe I read in another thread that the JB4 for the N63TU was placed into an unsupported release due to a full time CEL. I just want to validate that the N63TU2 engine in the M550i isn't in the same boat when using the S63TU JB4. I've been holding off on tuning my M550i in hopes of a fully supported JB4 so please advise.
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2017, 06:31 PM

As it turns out the G series uses TMAP sensor tuning rather than MAF tuning for load targets, similar to the N63 and S63TU. So won't be any issue with having to unplug MAF sensors or the related CEL.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 11-26-2017, 07:03 PM

Thanks for the quick response Terry. Please keep us posted on the N63TU2 JB4 release date. Any idea what the TQ/HP gains will be on pump 93 w/out BCM?
(#13)
Old

Default 11-26-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartlage
Thanks for the quick response Terry. Please keep us posted on the N63TU2 JB4 release date. Any idea what the TQ/HP gains will be on pump 93 w/out BCM?
He already has a firmware for it, email him. I'm interested in the gains too w/out BCM against Stage 1 which I just got, have yet to install it though
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartlage
The power gains seem to be similar to the F series N63TU. But we'll get one on a dyno sooner or later. Just difficult to get an apples to apples with the AWD.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 11-29-2017, 08:39 PM

Just installed the Stage 1..... HOLY ****!!!!!! Man this thing is scary fast
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2017, 09:34 PM

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 11-30-2017, 12:10 AM

Stage 1 0-200 run. Spun slightly with skinny winters

(#18)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 11-30-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The power gains seem to be similar to the F series N63TU. But we'll get one on a dyno sooner or later. Just difficult to get an apples to apples with the AWD.
I cant wait to see dyno comparisons

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#19)
Old

Default 12-01-2017, 11:13 PM

Can I bump the PSI up from stock on the stage 1? Using 94 octane here
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-02-2017, 10:52 AM

For Stage1 in theory you can adjust it to +4psi over stock by entering 4.0 under "boost limit" and changing it to map3. But, if making more boost is the goal, JB4 is what you'll want to do.

That reminds me, can you post some photos of your TMAP sensor positions with the wires on? Have another customer who can't find them and I don't have a G series 550 handy to shoot photos for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 12-02-2017, 03:52 PM

Yeah... that was me asking for pictures, got it installed from a professional, it was indeed on the spot you pointed out and the driver side intercooler was where M5's TMAP sensor
(#22)
Old

Default 12-03-2017, 09:24 PM

I installed a JB4 on my M550i yesterday and am very impressed so far. My car pulls much harder from 0 to 120mph and the throttle response has improved significantly. Terry has been great to work with and very responsive to my install questions. I've sent him several WOT logs for validation and all looks good so far. I put together a rough draft install guide for the M550i and passed it on to Terry to finalize and share. I'm very happy so far this tune and plan to dyno soon. I will post results when complete.
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-04-2017, 10:16 AM

The faux-install guide looks great, thanks! I'll add a few tweaks and post it later this week.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 12-05-2017, 10:10 AM

Sweet, nice to see the 5-series N63TU/2 work continuing.
Want to see how the JB4+BCM work on the new 550i.

2009 535i Sport
Software: JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
Hardware: GC Lites | Inlets | Outlet | 3" D-P's | 7" FMIC | S2 LPFP | TBI | DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD

(#25)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 12-13-2017, 12:21 PM

Anyone dyno'ed the M550 or Used the Dragy Performance Meter yet?

-Tweaked CTS Turbo FMIC | Custom CTS Turbo D0wnP1pe | BM3 E30 - X4 M40i
- MY17 F80 ZCP | BM3 E30 | Pending: CTS Turbo D0wnP1pe/CP/HeatExchanger & Mid-pipe

$ECA $XRP $XLM $TRX $ADA[/B]