N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
the_panda_driver's Avatar
the_panda_driver the_panda_driver is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 104
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 02-28-2017, 06:33 PM

Hey Rob. I'm interested in the set of CHRAs that you have posted. These are stock non billet wheel and TD04 internals correct?
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 02-28-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_panda_driver
Hey Rob. I'm interested in the set of CHRAs that you have posted. These are stock non billet wheel and TD04 internals correct?
We can build them however, but the first post lays out a couple options pretty clearly.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
the_panda_driver's Avatar
the_panda_driver the_panda_driver is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 104
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 02-28-2017, 07:54 PM

So they are stock internals. I re-read the primal post and it just say the they are referbished and are 75$ discounted. Didn't ready anywhere about them have stock or TD04 internals
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 02-28-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_panda_driver
So they are stock internals. I re-read the primal post and it just say the they are referbished and are 75$ discounted. Didn't ready anywhere about them have stock or TD04 internals
Read post #1 of this thread... It is ALL there. Hint: it says these are not stock internals very clearly. Perhaps you are confused in the differences with "internals" and "wheels", but post #1 still spells it all out.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
the_panda_driver's Avatar
the_panda_driver the_panda_driver is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 104
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 02-28-2017, 08:15 PM

I was just making sure that they were. I assumed that they were but I don't know if you have but I usually try not to assume anything. Would of been much more simple to just reply yes to my first post. Hi hey we go there that's all that matters. I'll email you for the purchase of these. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 02-28-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_panda_driver
I was just making sure that they were. I assumed that they were but I don't know if you have but I usually try not to assume anything. Would of been much more simple to just reply yes to my first post. Hi hey we go there that's all that matters. I'll email you for the purchase of these. Thank you.
Oh you meant the "blem" set. Yes they are built just the same as all of our OE replacements as in post #1. They are done, still available, and would ship same day.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
the_panda_driver's Avatar
the_panda_driver the_panda_driver is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 104
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 02-28-2017, 08:25 PM

Yes. I guess I should have specified a little better. Sorry about that been working all day and tired. Also I am very interested in one of the first stage 1s that you have priced. I'll email you privately about that matter.
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 03-01-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_panda_driver
Yes. I guess I should have specified a little better. Sorry about that been working all day and tired. Also I am very interested in one of the first stage 1s that you have priced. I'll email you privately about that matter.
Sounds good sir.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 03-01-2017, 10:17 AM

Jus to update the "blem" set has been sold. When we come across the next set we think are similarly "blem'd" we will post up again.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
Sabre Sabre is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 138
Join Date: Nov 2013
Car: 135i
Default 03-24-2017, 10:53 AM

Any more blemished sets available, j/w? Also to place an order, do I just make a paypal payment and that's it or??
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 03-24-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre
Any more blemished sets available, j/w? Also to place an order, do I just make a paypal payment and that's it or??
The blems were sold, but if more pop up in the future we will be sure to post them here... but for now consider this an indefinite ETA on them.

As for ordering them you can order off our website if you wish:
http://www.rbturbo.com/products/acce...-chra-rebuilds


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
ba114's Avatar
ba114 ba114 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 268
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: 135i 6MT
Default 04-05-2017, 06:24 PM

ordered a set to replace my leaky stockers


Australian 2008 135i 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | BMR kittyless *** | RPi GT Race Quad Exhaust | 7" HPF FMIC | Fuel-It TB-Injection | DCI | ER Charge Pipe | Tial BOV | Custom backend flash | 2-Step & NLS
Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
Massius Massius is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 101
Join Date: Oct 2016
Car: e92
Default 04-05-2017, 06:34 PM

Wanted to share that i picked up a set of RBs rebuilt CHRAs shipping was fast and well packaged. i had a couple questions that where answered promptly and although it took 2 days just for me to get the turbos off, the CHRA install into my old turbos took maybe 20 minutes and by far the easiest part of the project.
They work perfect and best of all, no more smoke on deceleration!
Thanks Rob@RBTurbo.
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
Nave Nave is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2016
Car: 135i
Default 04-06-2017, 05:28 AM

I looked through this thread, but couldn't find for how much hp RB Ones are rated?

Also in your turbo catalog there's RB Two's available from 03/2017, are you going to sell them as a DIY piece also?
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 04-06-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave
I looked through this thread, but couldn't find for how much hp RB Ones are rated?

Also in your turbo catalog there's RB Two's available from 03/2017, are you going to sell them as a DIY piece also?
We'd consider the RB Ones good for 425rwhp-475rwhp in a non-glory number sense of the words "good for". In other words we do not prefer to rate ragged edge (and beyond) numbers at "good for", however these numbers should be rather easy to achieve and be repeatable by your average consumer with a good healthy engine/tasteful mods/and good fueling and tuning.

RB Twos will be available 4/17 and will not ever be a DIY offering as they require turbofold machining, essentially meaning everything must be handled by us. So the ONLY DIY offerings will be OEM CHRA's, Billet OEM CHRA's, and RB One compressor kits.

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#41)
Old
terryd5150 terryd5150 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: BMW 335xi
Default 04-06-2017, 08:05 PM

Subbed; interesting thread.
Reply With Quote
(#42)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 05-01-2017, 10:55 AM

Just a bit of an update on these DIY el cheapo replacements: It's been right at about 6 months since producing these lil guys and we've sold ~25 sets and we have heard of no issues with them (to date). Considering the far end DIY efforts involved (introducing more possibility for error), this is quite the accomplishment.
Reply With Quote
(#43)
Old
srey srey is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 2007 335i 6mt
Default 05-03-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
We'd consider the RB Ones good for 425rwhp-475rwhp in a non-glory number sense of the words "good for". In other words we do not prefer to rate ragged edge (and beyond) numbers at "good for", however these numbers should be rather easy to achieve and be repeatable by your average consumer with a good healthy engine/tasteful mods/and good fueling and tuning.

RB Twos will be available 4/17 and will not ever be a DIY offering as they require turbofold machining, essentially meaning everything must be handled by us. So the ONLY DIY offerings will be OEM CHRA's, Billet OEM CHRA's, and RB One compressor kits.

Thanks,
Rob
Hi Rob. Another question for you with these DIY drop-ins. Is there a difference in longevity and reliability between the cheapest CHRA and the RB Ones CHRA? I know that's a tough question for you to answer since they're both your products, and making a qualitative comparison might make you feel like your criticizing one rather than praising the other.

Maybe some context would help. I'm in the process of doing all the preventive maintenance on my '07 335i, and then I intend to start modding with the goal being a reliable daily driver with noticeably more power than stock. As a part of my maintenance to do list I'll be pulling the turbos to replace the wastegates, and with 110k miles on the stock units I figure I might as well replace the CHRA's too. With future mods and an emphasis on reliability in mind, I'm trying to decide whether to spring for the $385 option or the Ones. Thoughts?

Last edited by srey; 05-03-2017 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote
(#44)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 05-03-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srey
Hi Rob. Another question for you with these DIY drop-ins. Is there a difference in longevity and reliability between the cheapest CHRA and the RB Ones CHRA? I know that's a tough question for you to answer since they're both your products, and making a qualitative comparison might make you feel like your criticizing one rather than praising the other.

Maybe some context would help. I'm in the process of doing all the preventive maintenance on my '07 335i, and then I intend to start modding with the goal being a reliable daily driver with noticeably more power than stock. As a part of my maintenance to do list I'll be pulling the turbos to replace the wastegates, and with 110k miles on the stock units I figure I might as well replace the CHRA's too. With future mods and an emphasis on reliability in mind, I'm trying to decide whether to spring for the $385 option or the Ones. Thoughts?
The internals of all of our offerings are very robust. The internals are in fact the same from the RB OEM's to the RB OEM billets and to the RB One's. Even from that point onward there are only bigger shafts involved, but still the same robust bearings. In short they are all equally good for what they are intended to do (and plus some).

Thanks,
Rob


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#45)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 05-08-2017, 10:41 AM

Have a batch of 5 sets of these in the "oven" this week. 3 of the sets are sold but 2 are still up for grabs. FYI.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
(#46)
Old
Rob@RBTurbo's Avatar
Rob@RBTurbo Rob@RBTurbo is offline
Stalker
 
Posts: 3,568
Join Date: Feb 2009
Car: 335I
Default 05-11-2017, 03:50 PM

These batch of 5 sets are sold. We should be building another batch of 5 sets in about 10-15 days pending on demand.


See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com