N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
torr's Avatar
torr torr is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 134
Join Date: May 2013
Car: 2011 335i
Default 07-18-2015, 02:52 PM

To be honest the PPK flash with a fancy offroad ** is a little obnoxious when you down shift. If you have a stock ** its great, but if you try to use the engine to slow down with fancy **, it sounds like a hooptie.


2011 335i E92 AT, JB4, FMIC, **, CP. Pure stg2 w/high flow intake & DV+. Fuel-It! E85 BEF Flash, stg2 LPFP & PI.
Reply With Quote
(#52)
Old
wrxified wrxified is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2011 135i
Default 07-20-2015, 10:00 AM

Sorry for the very basic question but I want to make sure I understand this correctly. By doing this I get the PPK reflash without the need to have a release code from BMW?

Or do I still need to purchase the PPK red envelope with the release code and this simply allows me to do it without taking it to the dealer?
Reply With Quote
(#53)
Old
Lucky Luke Lucky Luke is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i
Default 07-20-2015, 10:39 AM

I guess I have a serious problem when updating to the PPK software.

Reading the AIF_STDOBD_OUT file my BMW E92 N55 DKG initially had the ZUSB 7645552 when it was produced in 2012.
Last year I had some misfires and the car went into the fail-safe program.
So I took the car to my local BMW dealer for one day and they did a software update as they told me later.

After that update my car now has the ZUSB 8646966..
Btw it's a german BMW...

When I flash the PPK software with the correct PPK ZUSB for my car Toolset32 notices that the PPK couldn't be activated because of a missing FSC (Freischaltcode) or release code.

What can I do now? This really su...ISTA-D says that the production year of my DME is 2012, so I guess they didn't change it!

Last edited by Lucky Luke; 07-20-2015 at 05:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#54)
Old
Trickcruiser's Avatar
Trickcruiser Trickcruiser is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 504
Join Date: Oct 2009
Car: 335i
Default 07-20-2015, 04:25 PM

Any luck with the e84?
Looking to flash a X1 35i.


Reply With Quote
(#55)
Old
Lucky Luke Lucky Luke is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i
Default 07-20-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmg4
Why didn't you choose the ZUSB according to the post chart?
I flashed with the correkt ZUSB....but it won't activate the PPK without the release code!!!
Reply With Quote
(#56)
Old
HansWurst HansWurst is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: BMW
Default 07-21-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcruiser
Any luck with the e84?
Looking to flash a X1 35i.
8639160 MVED17
8651804 MVED126
Reply With Quote
(#57)
Old
HansWurst HansWurst is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: BMW
Default 07-21-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke
I flashed with the correkt ZUSB....but it won't activate the PPK without the release code!!!
never heard that one had something like that. Make Screenshots and post them here.
Reply With Quote
(#58)
Old
HansWurst HansWurst is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: BMW
Default 07-21-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke
I guess I have a serious problem when updating to the PPK software.

Reading the AIF_STDOBD_OUT file my BMW E92 N55 DKG initially had the ZUSB 7645552 when it was produced in 2012.
Last year I had some misfires and the car went into the fail-safe program.
So I took the car to my local BMW dealer for one day and they did a software update as they told me later.

After that update my car now has the ZUSB 8646966..
Btw it's a german BMW...

When I flash the PPK software with the correct PPK ZUSB for my car Toolset32 notices that the PPK couldn't be activated because of a missing FSC (Freischaltcode) or release code.

What can I do now? This really su...ISTA-D says that the production year of my DME is 2012, so I guess they didn't change it!
8646966 is not the newst one. its 8651780!

Wich PPK Code you choose from the Chart?
Your Car have MEVD1726 you have to flash 8651820
Reply With Quote
(#59)
Old
viewsfromthe1 viewsfromthe1 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 135i
Default 07-22-2015, 10:08 AM

This might be a noob question, but why can't this be done on N54's? The PPK came out for those too, so shouldn't we be able to flash them as well?
Reply With Quote
(#60)
Old
Lucky Luke Lucky Luke is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i
Default 07-22-2015, 02:31 PM

How can I flash back to my old ZUSB 8646966 if anything goes wrong? It's not listed in WinKPF under MEVD1726!!

8651820 is listed of course...
Reply With Quote
(#61)
Old
HansWurst HansWurst is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: BMW
Default 07-22-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke
How can I flash back to my old ZUSB 8646966 if anything goes wrong? It's not listed in WinKPF under MEVD1726!!

8651820 is listed of course...
if you able to flash the normal software, you will be able to flash the ppk.

Flash 8651820 is the newest. you dont need 8646966. if you need it, just downgrade you SP Date or add the Data you need for this Zusub.
Reply With Quote
(#62)
Old
HansWurst HansWurst is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: BMW
Default 07-22-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewsfromthe1
This might be a noob question, but why can't this be done on N54's? The PPK came out for those too, so shouldn't we be able to flash them as well?
by N54's you will get Variants Protection Erro FA4, i dont flash N54s with PPK Before i just heard about this. if i try to flash someone i will post it here.
Reply With Quote
(#63)
Old
Lucky Luke Lucky Luke is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i
Default 07-23-2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansWurst
if you able to flash the normal software, you will be able to flash the ppk.

Flash 8651820 is the newest. you dont need 8646966. if you need it, just downgrade you SP Date or add the Data you need for this Zusub.
Ok, I will try it again this evening...Luckily the ZUSB is in the list of WinKPF when I choose MEVD1726....but what I noticed is that in the WinKPF data folder the file a8651820.0pa is missing. There are a8651819.0pa, a8651821.0pa and several other ZUSB files but none with the 8651820 number! Is that correct? I use SP-Daten 2.55.0
Reply With Quote
(#64)
Old
Trickcruiser's Avatar
Trickcruiser Trickcruiser is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 504
Join Date: Oct 2009
Car: 335i
Default 07-23-2015, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansWurst
8639160 MVED17
8651804 MVED126
THANK YOU!


Reply With Quote
(#65)
Old
Lucky Luke Lucky Luke is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i
Default 07-23-2015, 02:48 PM

Ok I tried to flash ZUSB 8651820 again...but here is the result:



The big CEL light comes on when starting the car (warning of reduced power) so this ZUSB is useless for me and does NOT work!

But sadly I couldn't go back to my old ZUSB 8646966 because the hardware-number of my DME is 8643744 and flashing to ZUSB 8646966 expected the hardware number 8631733 so flashing aborted with an error message.

But I was able to flash to ZUSB 8651780 without any problems. Very strange...

No DME errors now...but PPK ZUSB 8651820 really does not work...any ideas to get this running?

Last edited by Lucky Luke; 07-23-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#66)
Old
diesel3443's Avatar
diesel3443 diesel3443 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 115
Join Date: Dec 2014
Car: 335i
Default 07-24-2015, 09:18 AM

Is there a point to doing this if you have a jb4 and on stock turbo?


2011 E90 335i 388 whp/475wtq on E50
Reply With Quote
(#67)
Old
HansWurst HansWurst is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: BMW
Default 07-24-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke
Ok I tried to flash ZUSB 8651820 again...but here is the result:



The big CEL light comes on when starting the car (warning of reduced power) so this ZUSB is useless for me and does NOT work!

But sadly I couldn't go back to my old ZUSB 8646966 because the hardware-number of my DME is 8643744 and flashing to ZUSB 8646966 expected the hardware number 8631733 so flashing aborted with an error message.

But I was able to flash to ZUSB 8651780 without any problems. Very strange...

No DME errors now...but PPK ZUSB 8651820 really does not work...any ideas to get this running?
Did You use NCSExpert after flash and send clear MAN to 62BMO or 63BMO???
Reply With Quote
(#68)
Old
Lucky Luke Lucky Luke is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i
Default 07-25-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansWurst
Did You use NCSExpert after flash and send clear MAN to 62BMO or 63BMO???
Yes, did the whole procedure twice (incl. clear MAN to 63BMO), no change! Keine Freischaltung der Leistungserhöhung...this is so annoying...Maybe it does not work because the I-Level of my car is from 2014? I am completely clueless now...

Last edited by Lucky Luke; 07-25-2015 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#69)
Old
fanboy130 fanboy130 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 2010 135i
Default 07-25-2015, 09:24 AM

I installed the software without any problems today. Absolutely love the sound :-)

https://youtu.be/dKjS8tR9UIA
Reply With Quote
(#70)
Old
Lucky Luke Lucky Luke is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i
Default 07-25-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboy130
I installed the software without any problems today. Absolutely love the sound :-)

https://youtu.be/dKjS8tR9UIA
Grats! Sounds great!
Reply With Quote
(#71)
Old
pdjerome pdjerome is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: E91 N55
Default 07-25-2015, 03:45 PM

@HansWurst
I want to try this flash, but for the case i have to revert to oem i've read the AIF and my actual ZUSB is 7629758. But i can't find this ZUSB in Winkfp. Can you tell me what the newest ZUSB for an OEM E91 MT is?
Reply With Quote
(#72)
Old
xugoi xugoi is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2013 135i DCT
Default 07-25-2015, 06:41 PM

My DME is MEVD176K, is it possible to do this flash? 2013 135i DCT (US)
Reply With Quote
(#73)
Old
tkong tkong is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 60
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: 2011 e90 space gray 335i
Default 07-25-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboy130
I installed the software without any problems today. Absolutely love the sound :-)

https://youtu.be/dKjS8tR9UIA
what mods do you have? I wonder how it would sound with a pe exhaust and ******* *********
Reply With Quote
(#74)
Old
fanboy130 fanboy130 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 2010 135i
Default 07-26-2015, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkong
what mods do you have? I wonder how it would sound with a pe exhaust and ******* *********
It is stock
Reply With Quote
(#75)
Old
HansWurst HansWurst is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: BMW
Default 07-26-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjerome
@HansWurst
I want to try this flash, but for the case i have to revert to oem i've read the AIF and my actual ZUSB is 7629758. But i can't find this ZUSB in Winkfp. Can you tell me what the newest ZUSB for an OEM E91 MT is?
8639078
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com