N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default 05-14-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureN54
I cannot for the life of me find the JB4 settings for the Port injection on N55.

I set all Fuel Bias to 50. Where in the logs do I see if its running? Meth or Fuel Enrich?

Is there anything else in the JB4 interface besides setting the fuel bias to 50?
How do you have it wired? Do you have an FSB? If yes, is the blue wire connected from the FSB to the JB4, or is the white wire from the PI controller connected?

If the FSB blue wire is connected then set Meth Scaling to 99, Fuel Enrich to 50 throughout the entire RPM band, and leave meth safety at 0. Do a log. You will see a fuel-enrich request from the JB4 to the PI controller in the log. Drop Fuel-Enrich to 0 and do another log. This time there should be no fuel-enrich request and your trims should be considerably different. If they are, PI is working! The meth signal here is the FSB letting you know the pump is working and flowing. It does not necessarily mean the PI injectors are firing.

If the PI controller white wire is connected, and FSB blue disconnected, then you need to set Meth Safety to 3 along with the changes mentioned in the previous paragraph. Conduct a log with Fuel Enrich set to 50. In this case you'll see a fuel enrich request in the log, as well as a meth signal. The meth signal in this case is the reply back to the JB4 from the PI controller stating that the injectors are firing. If this is the case, then the PI system is working.

I've been instructed in the past to re-attach the FSB blue wire after you've tested the system with the white wire from the PI controller connected.
(#427)
Old

Car: 2013 135i M Sport
Default 05-21-2018, 12:08 PM

Big shoutout to Steve@Fuel-It for all the support on my PI install.
It's been quite some puzzle to get it worked correctly, specially due to user error (myself not having an upgraded JB4 chip) and also not being able to find the RPM cable (which it's still a mistery) but we used one of the coil signals to get RPM which worked perfectly.

I will get some logs tonight, but looks like based on my setup and the altitude here in Mexico (above 5000 ft over sea level) it's being able to handle E content with 90 Fuel Bias accross the board. We are still working on the details, but Steve has been really helpful!
I will send over the finest bottle of Tequila from Jalisco to Fuel-It on the next few days!
(#428)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganque
Big shoutout to Steve@Fuel-It for all the support on my PI install.
It's been quite some puzzle to get it worked correctly, specially due to user error (myself not having an upgraded JB4 chip) and also not being able to find the RPM cable (which it's still a mistery) but we used one of the coil signals to get RPM which worked perfectly.

I will get some logs tonight, but looks like based on my setup and the altitude here in Mexico (above 5000 ft over sea level) it's being able to handle E content with 90 Fuel Bias accross the board. We are still working on the details, but Steve has been really helpful!
I will send over the finest bottle of Tequila from Jalisco to Fuel-It on the next few days!
Awesome!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#429)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335xi N55
Default 06-10-2018, 07:37 AM

Sorry for all the questions but Iím kinda stuck here

Hey guys I would need a little help with my port injection setup. I just installed the fuel it PI and stage 3 pump kit on my 2011 e92 n55 and Iím having a hard time getting the car to run right the car is choking on Wot. I installed the pump and PI kit exactly how I was instructed to on this post pump works fine and if I ground my Hobbs switch I can hear the secondary pump working too. I cut the diod on the JB4, dowloaded the latest JB4 interface and updated the JB4 with the N55_ISO_16 on this site. After that I did a BEF thatís was supplied to me by Ken Atkinson to run Full E85 no mix with my PI setup. Basically my questions are

which map do I run it on ? Map 3 same map as meth ? (Yes I am on setting 4-2 for BEF)

Is there a way to test my PI kit is running good ? (Controller is working fine and making injectors spray ?)

Is the Hobbs switch just to control the secondary pump ?

Do I need a flex fuel connector to run this setup ? I was told it was optional but I keep reading you need it.

What setting do u need to use in JB4 under WMI section thereís a bunch of E85 and flex fuel settings/ boost additive ...no idea what to do there also the

Hereís a list of mods just to give you an idea
FBO
PS2 turbo
PI fuel it
Stage 3 pump Fuel it
Full E85 in the tank
JB4+ MHD BEF
BMS PI controller

Thanks in advance Guys
(#430)
Old

Default 06-13-2018, 04:03 AM

Will the BMS PI controller spray methanol / activate the methanol injectors in all maps if meth trigger/flow is set to 1? This is for F-Series N55 EWG.

Not certain if the same rules apply to PI as they do regular CP meth - just looking to clarify that!

Thanks!
(#431)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-13-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaci
Sorry for all the questions but Iím kinda stuck here

Hey guys I would need a little help with my port injection setup. I just installed the fuel it PI and stage 3 pump kit on my 2011 e92 n55 and Iím having a hard time getting the car to run right the car is choking on Wot. I installed the pump and PI kit exactly how I was instructed to on this post pump works fine and if I ground my Hobbs switch I can hear the secondary pump working too. I cut the diod on the JB4, dowloaded the latest JB4 interface and updated the JB4 with the N55_ISO_16 on this site. After that I did a BEF thatís was supplied to me by Ken Atkinson to run Full E85 no mix with my PI setup. Basically my questions are

which map do I run it on ? Map 3 same map as meth ? (Yes I am on setting 4-2 for BEF)

Is there a way to test my PI kit is running good ? (Controller is working fine and making injectors spray ?)

Is the Hobbs switch just to control the secondary pump ?

Do I need a flex fuel connector to run this setup ? I was told it was optional but I keep reading you need it.

What setting do u need to use in JB4 under WMI section thereís a bunch of E85 and flex fuel settings/ boost additive ...no idea what to do there also the

Hereís a list of mods just to give you an idea
FBO
PS2 turbo
PI fuel it
Stage 3 pump Fuel it
Full E85 in the tank
JB4+ MHD BEF
BMS PI controller

Thanks in advance Guys
You'd need to get a log and post in the support section so we can help you and see why its choking at WOT.

The PI should start at a certain boost set in the controller. IIRC it is at 12 psi and you should see a Fuel enrichment and meth signal that's how you can see if the PI is working. It will work on all maps.

If you have a yellow/orange wire off the PI controller I would use that instead of the hobbs to trigger the secondary pump. You will have to redo some wiring as that is a 12v trigger vs the ground.

Yes, for something like your setup I would recommend an FF wire immediately.

http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html

Meth Scaling to 99 and uncheck all the boxes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#432)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-13-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav
Will the BMS PI controller spray methanol / activate the methanol injectors in all maps if meth trigger/flow is set to 1? This is for F-Series N55 EWG.

Not certain if the same rules apply to PI as they do regular CP meth - just looking to clarify that!

Thanks!
Meth Safety Mode All Versions

0 - Raise boost on map3 as a function of meth flow & historic timing (default)
1 - Raise boost on map3 as a function of meth flow only
2 - Start at normal target and failsafe IF flow drops below flow level for 1 second under boost. Enabled for all maps.
3 - When on map3 meth flow is completely ignored. Useful for using map3 as an adjustable non-meth map.
4 - Run a progressive meth safety on all maps

Meth Trigger Mode All Versions

0 - Meth flows on maps 3, 6, and 7 (default operation)
1 - Meth flows on all maps
2 - Meth flows on map 3 only
3 - Meth is disabled on all maps

Burger Motorsports

(#433)
Old

Car: F30 328i
Default 07-06-2018, 07:06 PM

Could someone send me the AIC fuel map for JB4 integration and the JB4 firmware needed to use it?
(#434)
Old

Car: 2013 335i Xdrive Coupe
Default 07-12-2018, 05:38 PM

Regarding the BMS port injection controller module (for N55), can it be installed to the JB4 and not connected to any injectors without problem?

I plan to space a fueling project over a few days so I don't get stranded.
(#435)
Old

Default 07-12-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi rpm
Regarding the BMS port injection controller module (for N55), can it be installed to the JB4 and not connected to any injectors without problem?

I plan to space a fueling project over a few days so I don't get stranded.
Yes, it definitely can. The PI controller won't do anything unless you set the Fuel Bias settings accordingly. If you leave Fuel-Bias at zero, the PI controller won't be activated.

'17 BMW M2 - [DCT/N55] - PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo - JB4 + MHD BEF - Fuel-It Methanol PI
(#436)
Old

Car: 2013 335i Xdrive Coupe
Default 07-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav
Yes, it definitely can. The PI controller won't do anything unless you set the Fuel Bias settings accordingly. If you leave Fuel-Bias at zero, the PI controller won't be activated.
Good news, thanks.