N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i E90
Default 09-05-2017, 02:49 PM

I priced out new stock TD03's to be about the same price as getting CHRA's, install kit and upgraded wastegates. Can't decide which option to go with, if I go with new stock turbos ill have the same power and bad reliability pushing 18-20 psi. If I rebuild with these parts I should be able to run 18-20 psi more reliably and make more power. The DIY part isn't really an issue, just want to make sure I have all the parts I need to complete the rebuild.
(#52)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedSedan
I priced out new stock TD03's to be about the same price as getting CHRA's, install kit and upgraded wastegates. Can't decide which option to go with, if I go with new stock turbos ill have the same power and bad reliability pushing 18-20 psi. If I rebuild with these parts I should be able to run 18-20 psi more reliably and make more power. The DIY part isn't really an issue, just want to make sure I have all the parts I need to complete the rebuild.
Not sure where you found new OEM TD03's for about $800 but that is one hell of a deal if they are OEM?! My guess is that they are not OEM and probably some china offering at best. Even with those however you'll want a gasket kit which is typically $200+.

Thanks,
Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#53)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-09-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Another couple months have gone by and we are now right at 10 months of production. To date have sold over 40 sets of them and we have heard of no issues with them whatsoever, so quite the success story with these units... which is very impressive especially considering the DIY efforts involved.
Rapidly nearing a year of production on these OEM replacements (BOTH DIY and complete turbos) now at over 50 sets shipped combined and still not a single issue, complaint, warranty return, etc.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#54)
Old
Stalker

Default 11-07-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Rapidly nearing a year of production on these OEM replacements (BOTH DIY and complete turbos) now at over 50 sets shipped combined and still not a single issue, complaint, warranty return, etc.

Rob
Well we now made it an entire year on these without a single issue, complaint, warranty return, etc. and are averaging 5+ sets of the RB OEM/OEM Billet products (DIY and full setups) shipped per month

(#55)
Old

Car: e92
Default 11-08-2017, 11:36 PM

do you have in stock for sale still?
(#56)
Old
Stalker

Default 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingline
do you have in stock for sale still?
We already shipped 4 sets this week and have no more built, however they are built fairly quickly (about 3-5 business days at this time). You can order here if interested: http://www.rbturbo.com/products/acce...-chra-rebuilds

Thanks,
Rob