N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2014, 11:00 PM

Bolted up the Hoosiers (found out why the 555Rs were spinning... one was corded!), swapped the E30 out for 100 unleaded, and raised boost to 23psi. DA is higher tonight but still managed to knock a th off on the same Mexican road. I tried another road just to get a feeling for what effect slope would have. Obviously a bit too much slope on this run. But you can see the improvement with no other changes lol.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce
Good to hear Terry. Rather than have your car down for this period, why not order a used grade A tranny (or lower grade since level 10 will rebuild anyways) for under $1000 and ship it to Level 10 for rebuild? http://www.car-part.com Credit to WedgePerformance for that link.
Because my trans is lucky and I want to keep with the same core.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 02-19-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Because my trans is lucky and I want to keep with the same core.
Good deal, looking forward to reading about the results of your future Level 10 rebuild! For now keep enjoying it, love the look of the top mount turbo, amazing results and sound.
(#29)
Old

Default 02-20-2014, 12:46 AM

Wow, 6.26 seconds. Just need about a .70% less slope. With better DA, optimum weight, Shiv's 700hp 6.28 second record in the 60-130 run may be in jeopardy!
In fact, if you can get in the 6.2 second range. you will be in some pretty elite company for late model BMWs.
Attached Images

11 335d M-sport JBD 12.3 @ 110.48
12 LEAF 106 MPGe
08 335i Sedan 11.11 @ 129.43
08 335i Coupe JB3 2.0 11.33 @ 132.77
60-130mph: 6.95 seconds

Last edited by hotrod182; 02-20-2014 at 01:40 AM..
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Wow, 6.26 seconds. Just need about a .70% less slope. With better DA, optimum weight, Shiv's 700hp 6.28 second record in the 60-130 run may be in jeopardy!
In fact, if you can get in the 6.2 second range. you will be in some pretty elite company for late model BMWs.
Yes I think I can better time the slope to get it right at -2.99. I pickup around 15hp per PSI so maybe going up to 25psi will get me the extra power I need to beat that 6.16 time. Would be nice to be faster than the fastest recorded supercharged M3 with a stock motor/trans 135i.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce
Good deal, looking forward to reading about the results of your future Level 10 rebuild! For now keep enjoying it, love the look of the top mount turbo, amazing results and sound.
Thanks. Yes I really love this turbo setup. Sometimes I just go out in the garage and gaze at the engine bay.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-20-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Thanks. Yes I really love this turbo setup. Sometimes I just go out in the garage and gaze at the engine bay.
Quit teasing!!

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Car: C.S.B.
Default 02-20-2014, 07:06 PM

Badass! Congrats Terry!!!
(#34)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 02-20-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Dang! Sounds like your love has been renewed with this setup.

jb4 G5 fbo w/ mmp inlets and 3.5 sensor
(#35)
Old

Car: 2012 335i 6AT
Default 02-21-2014, 08:56 AM

Hotorod, sure Terry might beat vish N54 record, but lets not forget that terry is testing his 135i not a 335i. Obviously the 135i will out perform the 335i because of weight + AT tranny.

JB4 S2+ISO Map 7, BMS **, BMS chargepipe, BMS Intake, Flex fuel wires, BMS OCC.
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F335i
Hotorod, sure Terry might beat vish N54 record, but lets not forget that terry is testing his 135i not a 335i. Obviously the 135i will out perform the 335i because of weight + AT tranny.
It's lighter for sure... But not by as much as you might think. Last No Fly Zone a bunch of us went to scales on the way home. The 135i in race trim was 3250#, and SRanch335's 335i in race trim was 3300#. Now I think I am lighter now with my rear seats out and single turbo kit installed but he also recently took more weight off via a light weight battery and moon roof delete. He also had an OEM flywheel yet to swap out for a light weight model. I think the 135i when equally gutted compared to an E92 MT is inherently only 100# lighter.

Now having an automatic is a double edge sword. You hold full boost during shifts. Assuming it does not slip. But on the other hand RPM is limited to 6700rpm vs. the 7200rpm the MT cars can get to. This chops 50-75whp off the usable power band...

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 02-21-2014, 12:00 PM

What does this kit cost all in total? This and tonys twin kit are both going to be very bad ass

it sickens me that with the motor i bought from OEM_PARTS_NOW on ebay that was damanged with a bent crank and Junk + the labor to install ON TOP of the initial engine BMW ran without oil before covering it up causing the whole ordeal, on top of new oil cooler, new flex plate, misc bs + the hybrids I could have shipped my car across the country and got the same kit for less money than i have spent for no reasons other than other persons scams and royal f ups..

e92
(#38)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 02-21-2014, 12:01 PM

IMO a 60-130 time is better done in a MT

e92
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05
What does this kit cost all in total? This and tonys twin kit are both going to be very bad ass

it sickens me that with the motor i bought from OEM_PARTS_NOW on ebay that was damanged with a bent crank and Junk + the labor to install ON TOP of the initial engine BMW ran without oil before covering it up causing the whole ordeal, on top of new oil cooler, new flex plate, misc bs + the hybrids I could have shipped my car across the country and got the same kit for less money than i have spent for no reasons other than other persons scams and royal f ups..
Yeah you got a bum deal there. But there is no guarantee an OEM motor will hold these power levels for long. I have ours tuned conservatively and we'll see how it does.

The kit is around $8k IIRC.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-21-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05

Wait for my kit... :D

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 02-22-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
It's lighter for sure... But not by as much as you might think. Last No Fly Zone a bunch of us went to scales on the way home. The 135i in race trim was 3250#, and SRanch335's 335i in race trim was 3300#. Now I think I am lighter now with my rear seats out and single turbo kit installed but he also recently took more weight off via a light weight battery and moon roof delete. He also had an OEM flywheel yet to swap out for a light weight model. I think the 135i when equally gutted compared to an E92 MT is inherently only 100# lighter.

Now having an automatic is a double edge sword. You hold full boost during shifts. Assuming it does not slip. But on the other hand RPM is limited to 6700rpm vs. the 7200rpm the MT cars can get to. This chops 50-75whp off the usable power band...
Not to mention the 135i is not as aerodynamic. And makes so much less Hp?

12 LEAF 106 MPGe
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2014, 08:12 AM

Headed out this am with nice 46 degree weather, 24psi, and perfectly timed the slope to maximize the advantage. The king is dead, long live the king!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Default 02-23-2014, 08:14 AM

Interesting thoughts, we'll see what the numbers say as they unfold. I'm all in for Terry though. good luck with this setup. I'm liking the quick spool at low rpm.

(#44)
Old

Default 02-23-2014, 08:17 AM

loL, NICE Terry, you're awesome. As I typed my "We'll see comment",... you were like... here are the numbers BTW LOL

(#45)
Old

Default 02-23-2014, 10:01 AM

Awesome results! If this thing had a bulletproof trans.. This car would be amazing to see at the runway events. Must be an absolute blast driving around town. To go hunting for ZR1s, etc. Such a innocent looking sleeper, lol.

12 LEAF 106 MPGe
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2014, 10:05 AM

I know.. That trans is killing me. The problem is everything takes so long. It may be a couple months before I can get a built trans in it and then I'll miss all the good events.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 02-23-2014, 11:12 AM

Keep chipping away at those records!!

jb4 G5 fbo w/ mmp inlets and 3.5 sensor
(#48)
Old

Car: 335
Default 02-23-2014, 11:13 AM

Damn that thing is moving! CONGRATS
(#49)