N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#451)
Old

Car: 2017 Mini Countryman All4 S
Default 01-29-2018, 11:50 AM

So I went for my first oil change to the dealership and disconnected the JB4 prior to going to the dealer...reconnected it when I came back home...Overkill or necessary step? I don’t want my warranty voided...
(#452)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1312
I see there a hex 12 file for b48/b58; is there a similar update on the b38/b48 or can the same file be used?
We have not posted an update for the MINI B38/B48, only BMW side, for now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#453)
Old
Jay1312

Car: BMW 320i and M5
Default 01-29-2018, 01:58 PM

Hi Terry,

Thank you for your reply. Not sure if you are aware but this same b38/b48 engine is used by bmw 2 series active tourer and grand tourer. Knowing your work on the main b48 3 series your input to this section could potentially increase the community interests across both the 2 series and the mini product lines.
I see the difference in performance between this variant and the main b48; hoping you can show some of your magic here too.

Keep up the great work and keen to test your S4 development as per your email.
(#454)
Old

Car: Mini F56 S
Default 02-07-2018, 12:12 AM

Hi,
My local tuner ask me to get an WMI kit for the F56S B48 before custom tune the Mini, so Im looking to buy a WMI kit from BMS, anyone can guide what nozzle is the right one to buy from their store, is the lastest jb4 firmware capable to handle WMI? Any other important tips to consider?
Thanks for your help!
(#455)
Old
on JB3 2.0 Map5 now!

Car: E92 335i M-Sport, Porsche 944
Default 02-13-2018, 11:42 PM

I had a lot of CEL's the last two weeks. No power loss, also no fault in the BC. Just the yellow CEL.
If I scan it I got the code 1212 (No description found)

also if it's cold outside, the engine doesn't work smooth in the 2nd & 3th gear for some seconds when I start driving.

If I deactivate the JB4 (Map0) everything is fine....

So for me the JB4 is crap and I will sell it and go with a real tune (Software).
Also the service from Burger is really bad here at the Mini section.

Oh and also the JB4 App doesn't work correct, it doesen't show the oil and water temp.

Car: Mini F54 Clubman JCW (6MT) and drive Map1
(#456)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 02-14-2018, 09:13 AM

Sorry you are having issues with the tune on the car, but we can't do much unless we get
install photos for the JB4, bluetooth kit and data log.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#457)
Old
on JB3 2.0 Map5 now!

Default 02-15-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Sorry you are having issues with the tune on the car, but we can't do much unless we get
install photos for the JB4, bluetooth kit and data log.
Why you need install photos?? The JB4 runs good for about 3-4 months, and now I have the CEL all day!
(#458)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 02-15-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmaster
Why you need install photos?? The JB4 runs good for about 3-4 months, and now I have the CEL all day!
Ok send us data log and fault coded through JB4 code reader.

Burger Motorsports

(#459)
Old
on JB3 2.0 Map5 now!

Default 02-16-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Ok send us data log and fault coded through JB4 code reader.
Fault Code: 1212 No Description Found

Is there a DIY for th loggin?

Also the CEL come every time if i start the car, drive some miles (1-5miles) and the shut it off and the when I start it again, the CEL is there.
(#460)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 02-16-2018, 10:21 AM

Here is a video on how to do logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#461)
Old
on JB3 2.0 Map5 now!

Default 02-18-2018, 11:46 PM

Got an ass full of codes this morning incl. power loss and error in the BC.

Here the codes:

1212 No Description Found
0112 No Description Found
1532 No Description Found
1204 No Description Found

I'm done with this Piece of ****, I will deinstall it an sell it!
(#462)
Old
Jay1312

Default 02-21-2018, 12:19 PM

Any chance gauge sweep can be added to the b38/b48 minis. Good to have this as standard right across if possible.
(#463)
Old

Car: Cooper S
Default Newbie in the UK - Help Needed - 03-05-2018, 01:25 AM

Hi

I have a couple of questions regarding the installation of my JB4

Due to the installation issues with the ODB cable on RHD cars, I bought my JB4 with the bluetooth connection kit thinking this would eliminate the need to install the ODB cable - is this correct ?

I have read that the kit can be installed with out the ODB and it will simply run on Map 1 - is that correct ?

Can I run map 1 and 2 on my car - it will be standard other than the JCW Pro exhaust and JCW remap to 210 BHP

Thanks for your help

Monty
(#464)
Old

Car: B46 F56S
Default 03-12-2018, 03:53 PM

Getting ready to order another JB4 for my F56 MINI. I sold it in the past and got an ECU tune but am buying another JB4 because I will be running Water/Meth Injection.
Does anyone know if I can run water/meth functions on JB4 on Map 0 or Map 4? I would like to use my tuned map but have the JB4 there to control WMI and be there for safety features such as AFR lean, Boost Over Safety, Fuel Trim Variance, Meth Low, Etc....
(#465)
Old

Car: Mini Cooper S F56 B48
Default 03-14-2018, 08:27 AM

Hi. Do you guys have an EWG Cable to B48 Mini? I would purchase and setup it.
(#466)
Old

Car: B46 F56S
Default 03-14-2018, 02:06 PM

Is there anyway to log knock on this JB4?
(#467)
Old

Car: Mini Cooper S F56 B48
Default 03-17-2018, 08:43 AM

Does someone have a picture of a”custom map” with high HP than map2?

My car is a 2015 MCS 2.0T B48 engine, *****, intake, IC Upgrade and JB4.
(#468)
Old
Jay1312

Default 03-19-2018, 02:05 AM

Is gauge sweep active on the mini b38/48 platform- gran tourer or mini. I have this feature working on the b58 platform; would be cool to have this and exhaust flap enabled if suitable.

Last edited by Jay1312; 03-19-2018 at 04:51 AM..
(#469)
Old

Car: 2015 Mini Cooper Base (B38)
Default 03-22-2018, 04:31 PM

+1 on the B38 Boost Gauge. I have a ScanGuage II, but since it only reads boost from the bus, it's kinda useless.

Also, are the FF Wires compatible with the B38?

Any word on a firmware update for the B38/48? Feeling like a red-headed step-child at this point.
(#470)
Old

Car: Mini f54
Default 03-26-2018, 12:56 PM

Jb4 is awesome!

"Death is light as a feather, Duty, heavier than a mountain."

Last edited by Paulk; 03-27-2018 at 05:56 PM..
(#471)
Old

Car: F60
Question question... - 03-31-2018, 05:52 AM

I just bought a JB4 Stage2 for b48 from internet...

There are 3 sets of connector...but I just saw how to install 2 sets of connector from install guide...
Can anyone help me how to figure it out?
thanks
Attached Images

(#472)
Old

Car: Mini F56 Cooper S
Default 04-05-2018, 06:37 AM

Hello Terry, would the JB4 work better with a backend flash on the JCW?
What would you suggest to modify flashing the stock map? AFR, timings, fuel pressure, VANOS managing? Or what else?
(#473)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmaster
Got an ass full of codes this morning incl. power loss and error in the BC.

Here the codes:

1212 No Description Found
0112 No Description Found
1532 No Description Found
1204 No Description Found

I'm done with this Piece of ****, I will deinstall it an sell it!
Robmaster, do you have UKL or FML/FMK platform?
(#474)
Old

Default 04-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have not posted an update for the MINI B38/B48, only BMW side, for now.
Terry, i think we really need an update for the Mini side... Did you also know that the JB4 is not running good on new FML2 / FMK platform?
Lots of problem on newer Minis here in Italy, i think there should be some software incompatibility with them.
Please try to consider a little bit more this section, it seems like you really don't care about Mini side
(#475)
Old

Car: Mini f54
Default 04-19-2018, 05:11 AM

Joyy
Did you figure it out? The rainbow wires should be the tmap, the other is map and third one is probably the fuel rail sensor. The fuel rail sensor is on the passenger side of the engine under the engine cover just left of the first ignition coil/cylinder. You don’t need it unless you’re trimming your fuel values and the jb4 will work without it. Also, the sensor connector changed at some point from mini so the one you have may not fit the model year you have. Hope this helps

"Death is light as a feather, Duty, heavier than a mountain."