Updates or logs?:
(#52)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-13-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
I see your running e85 thru an inner cooler, seeing that it's a lot more combustible that a meth/water mix, you find this ideal? It's hard to imagine that all that fuel is passing thru that,,is there any safety concerns doing this. All that fuel saturation that area, are you 100% that there is no pooling,or concerns of vapors being back drafted thru the turbos into the hot exhaust?. I'm sure this is a far fetched sanario, but seeing that your using an actual injector, there is a tremendous amount of fuel being pushed thru instead of a nozzle.
No issues if you follow directions. You'd be surprised at how much a meth nozzle can actually flow.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: 2013 335i Xdrive Coupe
Default Today, 09:20 AM

I have it on, the car runs (no flames coming out), and there's activity in Fuel_En in a log. That's all so far; if someone with PI experience wants to tell me what to do and what to look for to check function, that might speed things up with useful logs. Or I'll just wing it.

PSA, if you plan to tap into the fuel line under the firewall, 24" probably won't make it to the CP meth bung. I found out the hard way and had to wait a while for an extension.

Log is with Fuel Bias at 10, 4000+ rpm.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 180816_1036.csv (5.9 KB, 0 views)
(#54)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default Today, 09:22 AM

Awesome, thanks for responding. Did you order the "starter kit" (minus the extension you needed)? Please keep us updated on the tuning side of things. How easy was the DIY? tapping into HPFP etc.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#55)
Old

Default Today, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Awesome, thanks for responding. Did you order the "starter kit" (minus the extension you needed)? Please keep us updated on the tuning side of things. How easy was the DIY? tapping into HPFP etc.
Yeah, starter kit, with 950cc, the proprietary line splitter, and an additional 90 degree elbow to run the new line parallel. I went under the car instead of under the manifold, so didn't touch HP lines. If everything goes according to plan that's pretty simple as long as you have extensions and universal joints for a ratchet, but I almost gave up trying to get the stock line disconnected. Just wouldn't budge, then it did.

I installed it with the BMS PIC, and FI-650HP pump. To be honest it was all a complete PITA for me, lol, but if you work on cars a lot I don't think it'll be harder than usual.
(#56)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default Today, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi rpm
Yeah, starter kit, with 950cc, the proprietary line splitter, and an additional 90 degree elbow to run the new line parallel. I went under the car instead of under the manifold, so didn't touch HP lines. If everything goes according to plan that's pretty simple as long as you have extensions and universal joints for a ratchet, but I almost gave up trying to get the stock line disconnected. Just wouldn't budge, then it did.

I installed it with the BMS PIC, and FI-650HP pump. To be honest it was all a complete PITA for me, lol, but if you work on cars a lot I don't think it'll be harder than usual.

Okay cool, yea I suppose I could figure it out but it sounds like I'd get frustrated LOL. I'm not sure they put out a "how to" or anything.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#57)
Old

Default Today, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Okay cool, yea I suppose I could figure it out but it sounds like I'd get frustrated LOL. I'm not sure they put out a "how to" or anything.
That's how I felt, so I asked them a few questions first until I felt like I could probably make it work. Then I looked at as many parts diagrams and barely related DIY vids I could find. For my car it may just be one panel, the big one under the driver's seat, and then the guard for the line and some other lines as they ramp up under the firewall. I started with a small panel by the wheelwell that might not have needed to come off, but it's possible.

I wouldn't go less than 30" if tapping in there, by the way. Depends on your charge pipe I imagine, but ER (which I have) and BMS look similar.
(#58)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default Today, 10:32 AM

Got any pictures to help people for future reference?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#59)
Old

Default Today, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Got any pictures to help people for future reference?
Not of the install, I had my hands full enough, but I could take some top down shots of the CP, injector, and line.
(#60)
Old

Default Today, 10:48 AM

At 12:43 here he's taking off the line "guard" under firewall. Panel already removed. Front of car to right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miglgI5mQ58