N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: mini gp2
Default 06-28-2016, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the reply terry i will have a look on nam to see if anyone is using yourjb4 with the chrono kit
(#252)
Old

Car: BMW M135i N55
Default 07-07-2016, 08:15 AM

Is possible to not connect the ODBII connector and to change maps (0,1,2) either via laptop or android device via the serial cable or the bluetooth connector with Android?

I ask as with RHD cars, it looks more of a pain to route the cable to the current OEM ODBII connector.

Does the ODBII connector have any other function apart from the ability to change settings via the on board computer stalk?

Thanks
(#253)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2016, 08:41 AM

Without the OBDII cable the tuning will be limited to map1 power levels regardless of what map you're on.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#254)
Old

Default 07-07-2016, 09:01 AM

Thanks Terry
(#255)
Old

Car: F55-CooperS
Default 07-14-2016, 08:37 AM

Terry,
I drive a F55/B48 MCS and plan to soon add the JB4.
Do you plan anymore changes to Map 1 (91) and Map 2 (93)? Or are you making them a final Release Version (not "Beta" any longer)?

In order to use the cable, would I have to slice it open in anyway and connect cables / solder them, or is it a simple Plug&Play to the OBD socket and to the JB4 on the engine-bay side?

Can you or anyone here post some typical FW-HP & Torque and W-HP & Torque for both of these pump-gas maps on a non-JCW engine?
I would like to better understand what kind of gains can be expected on a non-modified engine.
Thanks
(#256)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2016, 10:34 AM

No changes are planned to map1 or map2. The OBDII is plug and play.

On the dynos I've seen many customer dynos posted. I'm sure if you poke around you can find them. When time permits I'll gather some in another thread here.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#257)
Old

Car: F55-CooperS
Default 07-14-2016, 03:29 PM

Thanks Terry.
Let me look around and find some power
Figures. In case you come across some of
The typical results, please post them.
Thanks.
(#258)
Old

Car: Mini F56 Manual
Default 07-15-2016, 04:26 AM

Hi Terry,
I have a F56 14/15.
Do you know what's the FlexFuel wire style that I have to buy?
I am going to buy the JB4, but I am wondering what's the correct wire style that I should buy.

Thanks!
(#259)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2016, 04:25 PM

Send a photo of your sensor in to our sales department if you need help identifying it.

Burger Motorsports

(#260)
Old

Default 07-17-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Send a photo of your sensor in to our sales department if you need help identifying it.
Thanks Terry! I just sent an e-mail with the picture to ando@burgertuning.com.
(#261)
Old

Car: Bmw 320i B48 F30
Default 07-18-2016, 06:06 AM

Hello, Terry.

I've noticed that JB4 has been released for BMW cars too. Some questions that I didn't find an answer.

I have 320I Xdrive B48 184 HP car. Fuel type - only 98 (RON). No tunes to exhaust or intake.

1. Do you have any map for it in current setup? (for N20 it was map 5 if I'm right) . Your webswite shows only 330i B48 supported. Will Map 2 work for 320 i 184 HP?

Please note, that now in our region (Russia) we have 320i B48 with 330i pistons. So basically, it shoudn't be any difference between 320i and 330i like it was in a past (different compression ratio between 320i and 328i N20) This option is called "S858A Low compression engine".

2. Any other recommendation for order ? Flex fuel cables?Or just get the chip+USB cable and that's all?

We don't have E85 here , but I've seen some people install cables to N20.

If you want to have a beta-tester in Russia - I'm OK to be that person =)

Last edited by Fstep; 07-18-2016 at 01:29 PM..
(#262)
Old

Default 07-18-2016, 02:03 PM

Terry,
Could you let me know, if the JB4 Connect Kit it's working fine with the F56?

Thanks!
(#263)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2016, 03:49 PM

Yes the JB4 Mobile works for all of our JB4 systems, including the MINI JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#264)
Old

Car: F56 JCW
Default 07-21-2016, 01:40 PM

Hello Terry

Could you make a statement when you guys plan to release new Maps for the B48. I just posted new Logs with Map 1 and Map2 pulls in the support section. Based on the data you guys received any plans to make some maps for higher octane fuels as we have it here in Europe with 98 Oct, Shell 100 Octane and the faboulus Aral Ultimate 102 Octane?

cheers
(#265)
Old

Default 07-21-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtenBV
Hello Terry

Could you make a statement when you guys plan to release new Maps for the B48. I just posted new Logs with Map 1 and Map2 pulls in the support section. Based on the data you guys received any plans to make some maps for higher octane fuels as we have it here in Europe with 98 Oct, Shell 100 Octane and the faboulus Aral Ultimate 102 Octane?

cheers
I read that In europe we measure in RON so super unleaded is 98 RON which is equivelent to 93 octane in US hence map 2 is for use with 98 RON or 93 octane or above.

I'm sure Terry will correct me if I'm wrong though
(#266)
Old

Car: Bmw 320i B48 F30
Default 07-21-2016, 01:55 PM

Hello, Terry.

Do tou have any update on my post above(18 July)

The device is on my way to me , plan to get it next week, so need to know the answers.

Thank you in advance.
(#267)
Old

Car: F56 JCW
Default 07-21-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootyvrs
I read that In europe we measure in RON so super unleaded is 98 RON which is equivelent to 93 octane in US hence map 2 is for use with 98 RON or 93 octane or above.

I'm sure Terry will correct me if I'm wrong though

Great post. I checked that and you're 100 % correct.
So our 98 RON is equivalent to your 93 and the Aral Ultimate would be 95 for you.

Still I look for more power ��
(#268)
Old

Default 07-22-2016, 08:43 AM

Hello Terry,
I bought yesterday my JB4 Beta + Upgrade Kit + FF Wires.
Is it possible to send to me, everything already assembled?
My order is the BMS23469.

Thanks!
(#269)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2016, 12:21 PM

If you bought a JB4 you don't also need an upgrade kit. But we can plug the FF wires in for you. Just email in to the order department.

Burger Motorsports

(#270)
Old

Car: B46 F56S
Default 07-24-2016, 01:22 AM

I'll be installing my JB4 on Monday with the FF wires. When running Map 2, do I need to change any settings to run an E85 mix? Or do I just mix 3 gal or so with pump and I'm good to go?
(#271)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2016, 08:42 PM

Just add in the fuel and go.

Burger Motorsports

(#272)
Old

Default 07-25-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you bought a JB4 you don't also need an upgrade kit. But we can plug the FF wires in for you. Just email in to the order department.
Thanks a lot for the support, Terry!
(#273)
Old

Car: F56
Default B38 JB4 BETA - 07-25-2016, 11:30 AM

Hi Everybody,

Thank you all so far for the information as it helped me get to the point I'm at now.

Last edited by Pent; 07-25-2016 at 11:40 AM..
(#274)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2016, 12:36 PM

Tech support requests are deleted from this thread, but you can make a post in the support forum, or email in to tech support, if you need help.

Burger Motorsports

(#275)
Old

Car: 335i+JB4+FBO
Default 07-25-2016, 03:51 PM

can the JB4 (http://burgertuning.com/MINI_B38_B48_JB4.html) stacked (added) to the JCW tuning kit ?