N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 02-13-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't know... But, it gives us a lot more control over the tuning end. So it's likely that with that connector in place we can tune around this issue. Someone with a ** and the issue will have to add one in and work with us to test some changes to smooth it out.
Terry, I'm open to test and tune this out as well. As it won't run on MAPs 1 and 2 are we thinking of doing a ** specific MAP?

Ordering the N55 EWG connector, correct? There wasn't a N58 option.
(#27)
Old

Car: 08 corvette / 06 vue
Default 02-13-2017, 01:16 PM

Mine performs the same way with factory ***/pipe, trims stay maxxed in cold weather <40f and it's more "you get this much boost", sometimes when going WOT and the car downshifts there's just nothing there.

Sometimes it makes a bunch of power, more often when starting from a stop.

Sometimes/most of the time it makes some power.

I suspect when temps warm in my area my car will perform more like the baseline it was programmed for.

-2016 340xi 8AT
-2008 Corvette MN6
(#28)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 02-13-2017, 01:19 PM

Can anyone guide me/link me to where I can buy the EWG harness for the b58? I will install this and log as well.
(#29)
Old

Default 02-13-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanHearns
Can anyone guide me/link me to where I can buy the EWG harness for the b58? I will install this and log as well.
I'm sure Terry will chime in but I think it's the same as the EWG connector for the N55, so go under the N55 products page and scroll down.. it's there for 35 bucks
(#30)
Old

Car: BMW M140
Default 02-13-2017, 01:34 PM

The N55 EWG harness is the one you need.
(#31)
Old

Default 02-13-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
The N55 EWG harness is the one you need.
Thanks for confirming
(#32)
Old

Car: m140i
Default 02-13-2017, 01:57 PM

Thanks guys, seems a fair few with some similar issues to this. I'm keen to get this smoothed as soon as possible because the car at times is down right undriveable on WOT. Sometimes it feels as if the thing closes the throttle completely and then straight back open causing a huge jerk.

The lean spool is also something i'm getting at over 4krpm when going to WOT.

The idea that the EWG harness works to smooth out low throttle seems unusual, this only ever happens during WOT?
(#33)
Old

Default 02-13-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theadwrighty
Thanks guys, seems a fair few with some similar issues to this. I'm keen to get this smoothed as soon as possible because the car at times is down right undriveable on WOT. Sometimes it feels as if the thing closes the throttle completely and then straight back open causing a huge jerk.

The lean spool is also something i'm getting at over 4krpm when going to WOT.

The idea that the EWG harness works to smooth out low throttle seems unusual, this only ever happens during WOT?
Will be interesting to see how this affects the TC issue. Perhaps by having better control of the wastegate you can keep the Turbo from overshooting pressure targets thus limiting the TC problem.
(#34)
Old

Default 02-13-2017, 03:26 PM

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't see this as an issue with our D.P, as these type of issues have happened prior to adding a aftermarket D.P.

Last edited by HitmanHearns; 02-13-2017 at 03:39 PM..
(#35)
Old

Default 02-13-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you but I don't see this as an issue with our D.P, as these type of issues have happened prior to adding a aftermarket D.P.
That's a fair sentiment, but I also feel like it's part of growing pains with a new platform. Perhaps there is some revisions needed to be done on the Maps too, who knows. I'm sure there are more people out there experiencing this but maybe either aren't tuned into it or haven't spoken up. If Terry feels the EWG connector will help, let's at least give it a shot.
(#36)
Old

Default 02-13-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASELINE
That's a fair sentiment, but I also feel like it's part of growing pains with a new platform. Perhaps there is some revisions needed to be done on the Maps too, who knows. I'm sure there are more people out there experiencing this but maybe either aren't tuned into it or haven't spoken up. If Terry feels the EWG connector will help, let's at least give it a shot.
I completely understand. I'm on board. In the process of ordering the EWG connector as we speak.
(#37)
Old

Car: 340xi 6 speed
Default 02-15-2017, 11:19 AM

What exactly does the EWG connector going to do? Will it defiantly eliminate the inconsistent power?
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2017, 11:37 AM

It's another JB4 connection that allows direct adjustment to wastegate dutycycle. In terms of this ** issue I think it will help. But we'll see!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#39)
Old

Car: BMW M140
Default 02-16-2017, 02:37 PM

EWG harness arrived and fitted today.

I have ran some logs on map 2 and it shows the throttle closure. I have emailed them to you Terry so hopefully you can advise where we go from here.

I didn't expect just fitting the EWG harness to cure it btw. But I'm sure Terry can help change some settings.

Last edited by Shorty; 02-16-2017 at 02:43 PM..
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2017, 02:45 PM

OK good lets get started on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I completely understand. I'm on board. In the process of ordering the EWG connector as we speak.
One of our resellers forwarded some of your posts on other forums and they are pretty discouraging to say the least. There are several hundred B58 JB4s out in use and we've had almost no isuses reported. This thread is the first I've heard of an issue that seems to be coming up on multiple cars with a **, and we'll do what we can to help you guys sort that out as we always do, but for you to go around posting many B58 JB4 users are having major problems, etc, is not only inaccurate it's also quite insulting to me and our support crew.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3c6
Mine performs the same way with factory ***/pipe, trims stay maxxed in cold weather <40f and it's more "you get this much boost", sometimes when going WOT and the car downshifts there's just nothing there.

Sometimes it makes a bunch of power, more often when starting from a stop.

Sometimes/most of the time it makes some power.

I suspect when temps warm in my area my car will perform more like the baseline it was programmed for.
We'd have to fully diagnose each issue to determine its likely cause.

For example, are you using pump gas or E85? E85 is not approved for the platform, beyond some isolated testing we've been conducting. It will max out the fuel trims and cause the car to run poorly in some situations.

Assuming you are not using E85 does this problem come up on map4, map3, map1, and/or map2? Each map has a different tuning strategy so it would be interesting to know if the same problem exists across all maps.

Finally it's possible an intake or other mods might have a negative effect in some situations, so we'd want to eliminate any as a possible cause.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Default 02-16-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
One of our resellers forwarded some of your posts on other forums and they are pretty discouraging to say the least. There are several hundred B58 JB4s out in use and we've had almost no isuses reported. This thread is the first I've heard of an issue that seems to be coming up on multiple cars with a **, and we'll do what we can to help you guys sort that out as we always do, but for you to go around posting many B58 JB4 users are having major problems, etc, is not only inaccurate it's also quite insulting to me and our support crew.
So your discouraged that I'm stating that individuals with b58's are ACTUALLY having issues with JB4?

The seller stated that the JB4 is problem free and at the moment it isn't. If im being so "discouraging" I wouldn't have taken yor advice and bought the EWG wire.

If you think my posts are discouraging about the b58 JB4 on the "other forum," then you haven't thoroughly seen the rest. I'm on board to fix the problem and I have already mentioned that.
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2017, 03:18 PM

If you or anyone else needs help then feel free to post on this forum or email for assistance. We are happy to help you. But for you to go and troll a resellers thread complaining about an entirely different product on some problem we've not been able to address with you yet, is very discouraging.

I hope those complaining are not running the experiential higher boost map2, which isn't even included on new units shipped from us yet, as it's currently under development and testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Car: 340xi 6 speed
Default 02-16-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
If you or anyone else needs help then feel free to post on this forum or email for assistance. We are happy to help you. But for you to go and troll a resellers thread complaining about an entirely different product on some problem we've not been able to address with you yet, is very discouraging.

I hope those complaining are not running the experiential higher boost map2, which isn't even included on new units shipped from us yet, as it's currently under development and testing.
Are saying that we shouldn't be using map 2?
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2017, 04:18 PM

You're welcome to experiment with it. It's BETA. If you have any issues though email in a log of your issue as its a map under development. Don't confuse it for a production map and certainly don't flame us on random forums we don't sponsor and can't respond to if you don't like it.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 02-16-2017, 06:44 PM

Terry, has been beyond helpful in terms of customer service. I had an issue with my meth kit on b58 and I have well over 200 emails with him in which he was helping nonstop. Turns out the shop who installed it has nozzles backwards. Regardless Terry was there to help. Side note I have competition ******** and have not noticed this. I also have the EWG connectors since I have the meth kit. The jb4 for the b58 seems fine to me and I've have it for over a 1 year and when it was still beta. The support is here. So no point in posting on bimmer forums since BMS is over here.

-Peter
(#48)
Old

Car: 2016 GTI & 2016 340i
Default 02-17-2017, 09:32 AM

Hey fellas. I have this issue also. I joined this forum to post this up and found a thread on it. Ever since I installed the JB4 on my 340i I have this cut out issue when it shifts. I removed the JB4 and didn't even set it on map 0 and the problem went away. The only modifications I have is a down-pipe and JB4. This problem occurred even when I was JB4 only with no down pipe. My wife even notices the issue when go wide open throttle.
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk7B58
Hey fellas. I have this issue also. I joined this forum to post this up and found a thread on it. Ever since I installed the JB4 on my 340i I have this cut out issue when it shifts. I removed the JB4 and didn't even set it on map 0 and the problem went away. The only modifications I have is a down-pipe and JB4. This problem occurred even when I was JB4 only with no down pipe. My wife even notices the issue when go wide open throttle.
Capture the issue in a JB4 log on say map4 (stock) and map 1, and lets see if the symptoms match up with the other problem log I saw.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Car: 2016 GTI & 2016 340i
Default 02-17-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Capture the issue in a JB4 log on say map4 (stock) and map 1, and lets see if the symptoms match up with the other problem log I saw.
Will do sorry I mixed up the maps as I'm running a jb1 on my gti and map 0 is jb1 off. There's a storm here I'll log next week.

|2016 340i|
|JB4|4.5" down-pipe|
-
|2016 GTI|S|PP|LP|DSG|
|IS38|Eurodyne IS38 ECU & TCU tune|JB1 stacked|CoolingMist water/meth|APR intake|APR 3" **|Wagner IC|CTS turbo inlet|ECS engine mount|ECS pendulum mount w/ 034 insert|Spulen boost *****|RS7 plugs|