N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default JB+ Quick Install for B48/B58 Under Development - 02-15-2017, 04:20 PM

Hey guys,

Been working on a version of our popular JB+ quick install tuner for the B48/B58 and initial testing is about done. Installs in literally seconds and adds a user adjustable 0-4.5psi boost increase. While it's not going to provide the same features and performance a JB4 can it's a good way to get your feet wet with tuning and at $199 the price to HP gain ratio is excellent. Includes a one year 100% trade up credit towards a JB4 should you feel the need for more power down there road.

Will post a link when we're ready to get more out in the wild.

*** 2/2/17 ***

Was able to strap our 340i down to the dyno today for some quick 91 octane testing with the JB Plus. The test vehicle is not 100% stock, it currently has a BMS intake, BMS OCC, and PURE Stage1 turbo upgrade. But runs were done on crappy 91 octane to give a good apples to apples comparison. I expect the same numbers will hold up on 100% stock vehicles. Comparison shows stock, B58 JB+, and JB4 map1.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 02-16-2017, 03:37 AM

First post. Registered to say, UK member following with extreme interest ...

How similar would the output of this be to JB4 map 1?

Last edited by MEGAginge; 02-16-2017 at 03:54 AM..
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2017, 10:12 AM

In the same ball park but maybe a bit less. The JB+ isn't able to directly adjust the timing advance like the JB4 can so as a result we run a little less boost on it. How the timing and boost differences stack up in terms of power output vary based on the octane used.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 02-16-2017, 10:42 AM

Does the jb+ hide the CEL due to a ********?
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2017, 10:43 AM

Nope. In addition to being illegal for on-road use the B58 doesn't respond well to exhaust changes anyway so skip the DP.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Default 02-17-2017, 04:36 AM

I'm certainly interested in taking the JB+ with the 100% refund towards the value of a full fat JB4 should I decide it's needed later. Will any of your UK dealers be able to provide this any time soon?

What is the process for firmware updates on the little JB+ boxes? Is there a cable to purchase as well? What's the deal....

TIA
Dave
(#7)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Car: E90 LCI
Default 02-17-2017, 07:03 AM

Very much looking forward to this development!

Keep up the good work as always Terry!

Kind regards,

Marshall Lee | Founder of ML Performance

Genuine BMW Performance Parts

Authorised UK Dealer for:
Fuel-It, Gecko, cp-e, MFactory, Eventuri, Quaife, SPEC clutches, Mishimoto, Wagner, Marshall Turbo, H&R, Bilstein, TheTurboEngineers, Turbosmart, VRSF & Burger Motorsports

T: +(44) 1784 479 840
M: +(44) 7590 917 331
E: sales@mlperformance.co.uk
W: www.mlperformance.co.uk
(#8)
Old

Default 02-17-2017, 07:58 AM

Terry, just to say a few of us over on babybmw might be interested in these - perhaps we could arrange a little group buy.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2016 GTI & 2016 340i
Default 02-17-2017, 09:23 AM

Something that should of been released before JB4 LOL.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGAginge
I'm certainly interested in taking the JB+ with the 100% refund towards the value of a full fat JB4 should I decide it's needed later. Will any of your UK dealers be able to provide this any time soon?

What is the process for firmware updates on the little JB+ boxes? Is there a cable to purchase as well? What's the deal....

TIA
Dave
There are no firmware updates for it. This is not a JB4, lol. Install it, enjoy the power gain, adjust the boost on the dial a bit if you want, and that is the extent of it.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2017, 09:43 AM

The first step will be a wider round of USA alpha testing. We know it works well on our two development cars but need a wider range of test conditions. So we'll do around 10 units at 50% off for alpha testers. When we have those ready to go I'll post details on how to join the group.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 02-17-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
There are no firmware updates for it. This is not a JB4, lol. Install it, enjoy the power gain, adjust the boost on the dial a bit if you want, and that is the extent of it.
Haha, fine.

Quote:
The first step will be a wider round of USA alpha testing. We know it works well on our two development cars but need a wider range of test conditions. So we'll do around 10 units at 50% off for alpha testers. When we have those ready to go I'll post details on how to join the group.
I'm being pushy, but can a UK member get in on the test? I am keen
(#13)
Old
OEM+

Car: '16 340i
Default 02-18-2017, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Nope. In addition to being illegal for on-road use the B58 doesn't respond well to exhaust changes anyway so skip the DP.
Care to elaborate more on this? I thought there was decent gains with dp on the JB4??

Quote:
Sign me up lol, well as long as I can still trade it in for a jb4 later lol.

Last edited by Thisisdudewhoru; 02-18-2017 at 04:05 AM..
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2017, 03:17 PM

On the DP gains, the factory part seems to flow quite well. Can't say we suggest it at this point.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-20-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
On the DP gains, the factory part seems to flow quite well. Can't say we suggest it at this point.
What are the gains being seen with it at max 4.5 psi? Does it work well with your intake?

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB+ Alpha Tester
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2017, 05:23 PM

On the average dyno gains at its max setting on say 93 octane, we're shooting for the 30-40hp range.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-20-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
On the average dyno gains at its max setting on say 93 octane, we're shooting for the 30-40hp range.
Do you think it would respond pretty well with say 3-4 gallons 110 mixed in?

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB+ Alpha Tester
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2017, 05:51 PM

It can't hurt to mix in some unleaded race gas, or even MMT based octane boosters like NOS RACE or Torco. I would not use leaded fuel or E85.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old
OEM+

Default 02-20-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
It can't hurt to mix in some unleaded race gas, or even MMT based octane boosters like NOS RACE or Torco. I would not use leaded fuel or E85.
Cool. We have 100 unleaded at the pump around here

(#20)
Old

Default 02-21-2017, 04:13 AM

Email sent...
(#21)
Old

Car: '16 340i Xdrive
Default 02-21-2017, 08:14 AM

Hey Terry, Email sent!

Just curious, if there are any developments from Alpha testing, are the alpha testers excluded from any enhancements, bug fixes as the firmware is not upgradeable?
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2017, 10:41 AM

OK we've got enough testers for now. Will update the therad when ready. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340MSport
Hey Terry, Email sent!

Just curious, if there are any developments from Alpha testing, are the alpha testers excluded from any enhancements, bug fixes as the firmware is not upgradeable?
In the unlikely event any changes are made, we'll provide those to early adapters free of charge.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2017, 04:15 PM

Added dyno to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Car: E90 LCI
Default 02-21-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Added dyno to the first post.
Very similar figure to the JB4 on map 1!

Marshall Lee | Founder of ML Performance

Genuine BMW Performance Parts

Authorised UK Dealer for:
Fuel-It, Gecko, cp-e, MFactory, Eventuri, Quaife, SPEC clutches, Mishimoto, Wagner, Marshall Turbo, H&R, Bilstein, TheTurboEngineers, Turbosmart, VRSF & Burger Motorsports

T: +(44) 1784 479 840
M: +(44) 7590 917 331
E: sales@mlperformance.co.uk
W: www.mlperformance.co.uk