N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-14-2018, 09:32 AM

Upgrade kit and JB4 are live on the site!

http://www.burgertuning.com/mercedes...00_Stage1.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#352)
Old

Car: MERCEDES C400
Default 06-14-2018, 10:47 AM

I understand the added data logging etc with the jb4 over the stage 1. My car right now is just stage 1 a with resonator and muffler deletes. If i upgrade to jb4 will there be more power gains over the stage 1?
(#353)
Old

Car: 12 c250 Coupe
Default 06-14-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Upgrade kit and JB4 are live on the site!

http://www.burgertuning.com/mercedes...00_Stage1.html
Ordered! You the man Terry/Payam! I have so many questions to ask. Where can I send questions as you guys inboxes are full.

2017 GLC43 SUV | JB1 | resonator delete | cosmetic stuff
Gone: 2013 C350 Sedan | Eurocharged Tune| resonator delete | Cosmetic stuff
Gone: 2012 C250 Coupe | Jb+ Beta Tune | BMS Intake | Custom Exhaust | Cosmetic stuff

Last edited by DameDMV; 06-14-2018 at 01:53 PM..
(#354)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-14-2018, 03:01 PM

Email, or you can ask here as I'm sure others might have the same questions

Payam@Burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#355)
Old

Car: 12 c250 Coupe
Default 06-14-2018, 04:03 PM

Thanks Payam, I will start with just a few and then I will email you about a certain bolt-on that seems to be heavily censored on this site lol.
1) JB1 had maps 1,2 and custom Map6. For Map6 we were only able to adjust boost at 500rpm intervals. Will JB4 unlock all the other parameters/fields/elements that were disabled for JB1?
1a) Will there be more custom maps? Like 3-5?

2) Steering wheel controls vs. Bluetooth? Did you guys look into setting the crusie control or some type of mechanism to change maps without having to pull up my phone when driving?

3) Are there any HP/TQ gains over JB1? More boost? Can we now adjust the JB4 settings/parameters to squeeze more hidden power out of bolt-ons?

4) Can you turn off lights on the dashif you know what I mean when installing certain bolt-ons. Hint hint.

2017 GLC43 SUV | JB1 | resonator delete | cosmetic stuff
Gone: 2013 C350 Sedan | Eurocharged Tune| resonator delete | Cosmetic stuff
Gone: 2012 C250 Coupe | Jb+ Beta Tune | BMS Intake | Custom Exhaust | Cosmetic stuff
(#356)
Old

Car: C400
Default 06-15-2018, 07:50 PM

Just got the Mercedes-Benz Stage1 to JB4 BETA Upgrade Kit. Which pin/where do I plug in the 2 wires (Brown and Green) that feed the OBDII plug ?

Tks
(#357)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcrpoirier
Just got the Mercedes-Benz Stage1 to JB4 BETA Upgrade Kit. Which pin/where do I plug in the 2 wires (Brown and Green) that feed the OBDII plug ?

Tks
Same as the Q50! Will augment the MB guide soon.

http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/Q...B4_UPGRADE.pdf

Burger Motorsports

(#358)
Old

Car: C400
Default 06-15-2018, 08:39 PM

Many Thanks Terry !
(#359)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 06-15-2018, 10:30 PM

Same questions as dame

And I want to stay on map 6 so if the other fields are now useable can you guys tell us what to plug in as a good starting point for the other fields?

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#360)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameDMV
Thanks Payam, I will start with just a few and then I will email you about a certain bolt-on that seems to be heavily censored on this site lol.
1) JB1 had maps 1,2 and custom Map6. For Map6 we were only able to adjust boost at 500rpm intervals. Will JB4 unlock all the other parameters/fields/elements that were disabled for JB1?
1a) Will there be more custom maps? Like 3-5?

2) Steering wheel controls vs. Bluetooth? Did you guys look into setting the crusie control or some type of mechanism to change maps without having to pull up my phone when driving?

3) Are there any HP/TQ gains over JB1? More boost? Can we now adjust the JB4 settings/parameters to squeeze more hidden power out of bolt-ons?

4) Can you turn off lights on the dashif you know what I mean when installing certain bolt-ons. Hint hint.
1) Yes, the JB4 has 8 maps including map6 which is user definable.

2) There are no active wheel controls yet but it's early days. For now app is required for map changes.

3) Yes, we expect more power potential with the JB4

4) We'll look in to it for cars outside the USA using the "Passive Delete" function on the WMI page. Within the USA this function will be blocked for obvious reasons.

Burger Motorsports

(#361)
Old

Default 06-16-2018, 09:39 AM

Terry can you help us out on how to start out on filling in the other fields on map 6?
And also what each of the 8 maps is?

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#362)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 04:22 PM

ANyone for bms? Iím asking to let the Mercedes group know on facebook

(#363)
Old
Super Moderator

Default Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax
ANyone for bms? Iím asking to let the Mercedes group know on facebook
Right now since the Jb4 is beta the maps will be just like the stage 1.

Burger Motorsports

(#364)
Old

Default Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Right now since the Jb4 is beta the maps will be just like the stage 1.
My got shipped today. So for now what do you suggest? I keep using map 6 and log? Since itís beta what should I be doing as sort of a ďtesterĒ person right now to help with info

(#365)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 03:02 PM

Start the logs pouring in. Using same settings as you used with Stage1 is a good starting point. But now, with JB4, we can see the AFR, timing, and throttle values, to ensure it looks good, before you crank it up more.

Burger Motorsports

(#366)
Old

Car: C450 AMG
Default Today, 09:17 AM

Hey Terry. What are the 8 maps on the Jb4 Configured for?
map 1- 93 octane?
map 2- higher octane fuels?
map 3- ?
map 4-?
map 5- ?
map 6- ?
map 7- ?
map 8- ?
(#367)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 09:21 AM

Check the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#368)
Old
Super Moderator

Default Today, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmmy9830
Hey Terry. What are the 8 maps on the Jb4 Configured for?
map 1- 93 octane?
map 2- higher octane fuels?
map 3- ?
map 4-?
map 5- ?
map 6- ?
map 7- ?
map 8- ?
JB4 Map Guide:
Map 0: Disables tuner
Map 1: 4psi over stock peak, suitable for all 91 octane+ fuels
Map 2: 6psi over stock peak, suggested for 93octane+
Map 3: User definable fixed boost profile map (boost safety used to determine fixed boost over stock)
Map 4: Stock performance with CANbus active for logging
Map 5: 6.5psi over stock peak, holding more power to redline, suggested for E30+ or unleaded race gas mixtures
Map 6: User definable map, boost over stock entered on user adjustment page
Map 7: 7psi over stock peak, suitable for unleaded race gas
Map 8: Coming soon - Water/Meth integration progressive map

Burger Motorsports